test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wishlist of Starships I wanna see in Star Trek Online

USS Enterprise (XCV 330) Enterprise Class
uss_enterprise_xcv_330_by_lucas_redsign-d90u2qb.jpg
Ambassador Prototype (This can be a T6 Ship or even a prize vessel and or its own Class)
ambassador-probert.jpg
Constitution Class Variant (It Can be its own Class part of a Distorter Type
constitution-variant1.jpg
Ptomy Class
ptolemy.jpg
Saladin Class saladin.jpg
Curry Class
excelsior-variant1.jpg
Freedom Class
freedom.jpg
New Orleans Class
neworleans.jpg
Niagara Class
niagara.jpg
Planet of the Titans Enterprise Type (Can be its own Class)
phase21.jpg
phase22.jpg
Springfield Class
springfield.jpg
Sydney Class
sydney.jpg
Yeager Class
yeager.jpg
Miranda Class With out Mission Pod
miranda-modified1.jpg

May the Shwartz Be With You
CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,526 Community Moderator
    Why would someone want to fly a tug? Also... the Ptolemy and Saladin classes are a no go anyways. Same reason we can't have a Federation class Dread. License issues.

Planet of the Titans Enterprise technically already exists... as the Crossfield class (Discovery).

Ambassador Prototype... in a way exists as the Guardian.

And the XCV... I don't think that was even armed.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,361 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    As a rule of thumb if a class exists exclusive in the ST:EU it's unavaible for STO and that goes double for ships that are not part of Star Trek at all like anything from Galaxy Quest or Orville.

Items from ST:EU might be avaible but Cryptic would have to ask for premission seperately for each of occation. Galaxy Quest or Orville will never happen as rights to Galaxy Quest are owned by Dreamworks and rights to Orville are owned by Fox neither of which is associated with CBS, so CBS would never allow using those.

Cryptic doesn't have a blank check to do what ever they please here.

To repeat designs from ST:EU are technically possible but so unlikely as to be practically impossible, designs from Orville or Galaxy Quest are outright impossible so asking any of those is just wasting your time, chances are that it will never happen.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I certainly support introducing the New Orleans Class as a frigate to compliment the existing Galaxy and Nebula classes.

I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
    I wanna—, I wanna—, I wanna—, I wanna—, I wanna really, really, really wanna T6 Vor'cha

https://youtu.be/oF3eiQvksrs
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Speaking of ships that we don't have, the Venture Class from the Star Trek: Armada series and Star Trek: Insurrection would make for a nice Small Craft.

The Captain's Yacht could also do with some alternate skins based on the version from the Galaxy/Nebula Class, the Aeroshuttle from the Intrepid Class and the Waverider from the Nova Class.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    I want the ship in my avatar picture. Loved it since I played Star trek Starfleet command 2.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    talonxv wrote: »
    I want the ship in my avatar picture. Loved it since I played Star trek Starfleet command 2.

I remember that thing, Akula Class.

Pity it's from a game.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I'd love that Miranda variant with no mission pod/strut part, it was seen onscreen as the U.S.S. Lantree.

Also i'd love the Jenolan type ship Scotty got trapped on in that TNG episode.
    SulMatuul.png
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I certainly support introducing the New Orleans Class as a frigate to compliment the existing Galaxy and Nebula classes.

I wanna—, I wanna—, I wanna—, I wanna—, I wanna really, really, really wanna T6 Vor'cha

So much this...
    Tza0PEl.png
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    most of those are a 'nope' for me but there are a couple nice ones. Still Id rather see the t6 k't'inga/vor'cha first... then perhaps its Romulan Stormbird equivalent :pensive:

Honestly feddie bears have enough variety to last them, lets flesh out the other 2 rosters a bit. I mean hell KDF still doesnt have a t6 carrier, and Romulans don't have one at all you can get w/o a hideous amount of luck or ec.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,526 Community Moderator
    [quote="azrael605;c-13336995"
    They don't have to wait, they are never going to happen. Several are from the Franz Joseph tech manual, which due to the bad blood between Franz & Gene/CBS are never to be used in any Trek product. The others are (mostly) from other games which makes them equally off limits.[/quote]

The TOS era ones yea. But the ones like the Freedom and Niagra were part of the Wolf 359 fleet so... that's more plausible.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    most of those are a 'nope' for me but there are a couple nice ones. Still Id rather see the t6 k't'inga/vor'cha first... then perhaps its Romulan Stormbird equivalent :pensive:

Honestly feddie bears have enough variety to last them, lets flesh out the other 2 rosters a bit. I mean hell KDF still doesnt have a t6 carrier, and Romulans don't have one at all you can get w/o a hideous amount of luck or ec.

While I agree that the feddie bears have more than enough ships...there is one ship I would like them to get. And that is the T6 nova...since it is a well beloved canon ship that is also an in lore hero ship that they have not made yet. It is in the WTF why is it not already in this game as a the t6 vorcha. Funny thing is I have no interest in either ship...it's just a seriously why are these not in the game already deal.

This.

The Vor'Cha and the Nova seem like obvious choices, still baffling that they haven't added these yet.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    The Vor'Cha is the most pressing of any faction T6 ship that's missing. I disagree about the Nova. I'd rather have a T6 Steamrunner.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    latest?cb=20061122043549&path-prefix=en
    That thing! :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,215 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    As always I want a T6 Oberth, the only TMP era ship remaining which was also retrofitted in the TNG era which hasn't yet gotten the T6 treatment.
    I have been thinking the very same.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
    I stream on Twitch, look for Avoozl_
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

An absolute must-have, yeah.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I would like T6 of the following:

3673b88fe3f5181216930b5a4948b41a.jpg

Then as a bonus, a new shuttle:

vulcan_shuttlebox001.jpg

Also, more Reman designed ships.
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    If the ship designs are owned by cbs and not the publishers then it could be as easy as aquiring rights to the ship. They were able to aquire the rights to jj trek. Id love to see tmp ships fro. Klingon academy and starfleet command 1 & 2 ect
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    The lack of a Nova or Vorcha are the mind-boggling ones tbh. Both are well known canon ships and one is a hero ship in the damned game itself. There are ample ways either could have been added (Nova as a sci-pilot hybrid or something, even as a new scout ship) but every opportunity seems to pass with no hint at all of and interest from the devs.
    Heck even a decent skin update would be worth it but nope, not even that.
    Post edited by lordsteve1 on
    SulMatuul.png
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Yes to the New Orleans and the Niagara as they are CBS Canon (were BRIEFLY in TNG as hulks at wolf 359). Would also love a skin to have the Gal-X have the third nacelle mounted to the Saucer so I can envision it as a modern interpretation of the Dreadnought from the past. Also want a T6 Oberth (the Pegasus WAS described in TNG as cutting edge technology and had the phase cloak to boot) AND wouldn't mind an updated T6 Heavy Cruiser (but I guess the 4 nacelle 26th century ship may have been their version of that) So maybe just produce some extra skins?

And T6 Vorcha. Def. My Klingons want equality.
    kekvin wrote: »
    Klingon academy and starfleet command 1 & 2 ect

Those designs are owned by the game companies that made those games.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    The Vor'Cha is the most pressing of any faction T6 ship that's missing. I disagree about the Nova. I'd rather have a T6 Steamrunner.

I have the t5-u steamrunner... its plenty badass enough for endgame and advanced queues
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,215 Arc User
    Also want a T6 Oberth (the Pegasus WAS described in TNG as cutting edge technology and had the phase cloak to boot)
    Good point! I remembered it being in TNG but I didn't actually remember about it having the cutting edge technology and phase cloak, I also recently watched a video about the Oberth that Trekyards put up on youtube years ago and they show a refitted version for TNG's timeline.

I stream on Twitch, look for Avoozl_
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Good point! I remembered it being in TNG but I didn't actually remember about it having the cutting edge technology and phase cloak, I also recently watched a video about the Oberth that Trekyards put up on youtube years ago and they show a refitted version for TNG's timeline.

There was only one Oberth with a Phase Cloak, the USS Pegasus.
  • leturkleturk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I just want the Jem'Hadar Battleship to go with the others ships.
  • ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    I do not thing Creative rights is an issue there when it comes with Starships for Star Trek Online since its a Share contract with the two companies it might be safe to say Star Trek Online Shares the same rights with Paramount and CBS Paramount
    May the Shwartz Be With You
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
    It took a lot to get the rights to use the Vesta. They can't use the designs used in the SFC games, Either of the Academy games, or the Armada games because those were creations of different video game companies. They'd have to go through Activision to get the designs from Armada or SFC 3. They'd also have to go through whoever inherrited the rights to Interplay's games for those designs.
    Well... we still have Caitians at least.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Do we actually know if theirs license doesn't include TAS?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    As far as I know... everything that CBS owns, and up to Into Darkness on Paramount's side. So in theory that includes TAS.
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    > @azrael605 said:
    > > @kekvin said:
    > > If the ship designs are owned by cbs and not the publishers then it could be as easy as aquiring rights to the ship. They were able to aquire the rights to jj trek. Id love to see tmp ships fro. Klingon academy and starfleet command 1 & 2 ect
    >
    > Thats the point, most of those designs are not owned by CBS and never were.

Dnt be so sure there are a few designs that have moved from devloper to devloper. And all sto designs are owned by cbs. So we can assume that there are some ships from previous st games that could be used. Have you looked at the ship classes in st alien domain?