test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I KEEP HAVING THIS WEIRD ERROR, AND I'M GOING NUT!

It says "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly" and the LOG file says:

180212 06:08:03 46 [1]: ERROR: Failed to launch GameClient.exe: client quit unexpectedly

Yet occasionally I CAN open the game normally, but most of the times it would just do nothing after I click Engage and tell me "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly". I tried VPN, no luck. I verified the game files for like a hundred times. Nothing. I even deleted the game completely and downloaded it again. Nothing. Finally I tried to copy the game from a friend who can run the game absolutely normally. Still nothing.

It didn't happen until recently, or more specifically, last week. What's going on? How the h-word can I get this thing right?

P.S. I took a screenshot of it, see if anyone has ever encountered this f-word-ing situation.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pYwjv2u8ROTKmUQaP-OAy9t5HE1kul0P/view?usp=sharing

Comments

• Options
    silvamystsilvamyst Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Yeah, I just started having them recently, checking to see if I need to update my drivers, I'd suggest you do the same.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    If the crash was due to something in Windows and not the game itself, a lot of times the game files/logs will not tell you why it crashed. If the Windows system decides to shut down the game client it does not report to the game client, thus the game has no idea why it shut down, it just knows it shut own. Try checking the Windows Event Viewer right after the crash, there is a good chance that will at least point you in the right direction.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    jrbrianjrbrian Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Getting the same error. Nothing in the event log that I can see.
  • Options
    shadowmephshadowmeph Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    ok not cool but I am sort of happy that I am not the only one with this issue just started today was playing then disconnected at first I thought that it was on my end but then I checked my other PCs laptops and also check the Internet all good something to do with the game because according to the launcher the server is good
  • Options
    captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    Manually run gameclient.exe in the x86 folder and see what kind of error(s) it gives you.