test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

can't send mail to myself/items

malic232malic232 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
I'm having an issue sending mail to myself I tried use my handle as it said @malic232 but the mail will never send with the attached items I got for my Klingon. I don't have access to a account bank seeing how i mostly play f2p. this is obviously a bug and as im reporting it.

Comments

• imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    What items are you trying to send to yourself? Far as I know only items that aren't bound can be sent through mail.
  • malic232malic232 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    ship weapons,disruptors etc I got them over the Exchange. they aren't bound to me
    Post edited by malic232 on
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    your handle is maybe @malic232#0000 like this or mail can only hold 100 items per acc..
    No my handle is @malic232 i'm pretty sure and i know it is. says so on the launcher when i logged in to patch the update. the matter is the mail system recognize my handle that;s as far as I could figure out. I've cleared my mail box so there is no real reason it wont sent stuff over to myself. I'm thinking im going have charge zen to unlock account bank i just hate using money *sigh*
    I'll see if i can mail items over again once server is online but i won't hold my breath. it will probably still be bugged on my end
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    it's a support issue then. but one month sub. to unlock the acc. bank and get the 500z for ec. cap. unlock. is always a usefull thing ...
  • ravedthradravedthrad Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Hi, malic232! I thought it was just me, but I'm suffering from the same issue you are.

I went on hiatus for a year or two, and just recently came back. I have four older toons and have no problem sending mail back and forth between them. I recently made a 23c toon to test it out; she's currently level 30 and unable to send mail, with or without attachments, to my other toons, whether by @handle or name@handle. She is, however, able to receive mail freely from my toons or from other people, and can send mail normally to other people, too.

I thought it might be an issue with the 23c toons, so I made a normal KDF toon, but the problem persists.

I've tried googling this issue, but am coming up empty. I can't remember if there are level-based mail restricitons here, as in Neverwinter, and just now sent a ticket in to support. I don't remember ever having problems sending mail back and forth between my other toons, though, regardless of level.
    Thanks Ravedthrad,I'm glad for one I'm not the only one with this issue. I have older toons as well I not made a new toon in a while. what been trying to do was send over basic ship weapons like Disruptors and chroniton launchers. I've had no success to sending them over to my KDF toon. I had resell what I've bought from the Exchange and buy what I needed on my KDF.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Not sure if this will help: I was trying to mail stuff from WW ... and was not getting the attachment boxes in the send mail window. So, I had to go to First City to mail out attachments.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    WW?

As for the attachment boxes, afaik you've always needed to be at a mailbox to be able to attach items in the mail. It doesn't have to be First City, though -- any mailbox will do.
    @malic232: have you filed a support ticket at support.arcgames.com? I've filed two tickets now using the in-game UI (separate issues), but I have no tickets in-game that I can view. It might help our situation if you could file a ticket, too, to show that this issue isn't isolated to just one player. I'll post any updates to my ticket here.
    I've filed one in-game a few days ago when I encounter'd the issue. I'll file a ticket with support here soon
    Update: Not sure if this is just a workaround or if it's how it works, but I have all my old toons in the same fleet. I had a guildie add my new toon to the old fleet and now I can send mail to myself.
  • teratoma#1326 teratoma Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I am experiencing the same thing. No mail - with or without attachments - will send either through the HUD or a mailbox. The ticket I filed in-game can't be seen under 'view my tickets', so I just filed another one at support.arcgames.com.
    Same here. I've gotten the automated "we received your ticket" email, but no actual response yet.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Check your privacy tab, if you're anonymous make sure the allow fleet/friends email is off, well even if not make sure it's off. If it is (this works for some people) switch it on, accept (done), then turn it off and accept (done).
    That was the first thing I tried. Didn't work.