test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

arc games client

i have been trying to get the arc games client to install, but i've been unable to do so as i keep getting this messge 'another instance of Arc setup is already running. Please wait until it's finished and then try again' but i have no other instance of the arc games client working on my computer, i do have STO on on steam, but i don't know if thats part of the problem, I've been trying to redeam the Star Trek Online TOS Enterprise Bridge Officers Pack, but without the arc client i can't reedeam it, help please

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Can I ask a question when this problem happens do you have your Steam open or is it closed? If it is open, it might be getting confused with the Arc client. Otherwise, I have no clue what else to say why that would be happening. Unless in the background, you have a lot of processes of the Arc client running. If that is the case close out those processes and try again. Those are my two cents. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/guides/index

https://www.arcgames.com/en/redeem

about the app issue close steam ,razer ,raptr ... open win. task manager ,look up for background running tasks. right click on the tasks if there is one arc related ,end task

if above don't work delete arc (not the games just the app) new install ..
  • meta2012#3684 meta2012 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Can I ask a question when this problem happens do you have your Steam open or is it closed? If it is open, it might be getting confused with the Arc client. Otherwise, I have no clue what else to say why that would be happening. Unless in the background, you have a lot of processes of the Arc client running. If that is the case close out those processes and try again. Those are my two cents. Thanks. :)

I've tried to install it with steam cloced, still the same end result, and I've checked the task manager, i don't have any Arc client prosseccs running