test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How soon will we see a New Enterprise 1701 G ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User
    seaquest42 wrote: »
    spiritborn wrote: »
    seaquest42 wrote: »
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Just a minor correction, USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-A) was never commanded by Spock, or Kirk before his demotion, Captain Spock was the last official CO of USS Enterprise (NCC-1701), with Admiral Kirk being her temporary CO during the fight with Khan and return to earth after Spock became KIA. ENT-A had only 1 CO Kirk after he was demoted back to captain.

If I recall, U.S.S. Yorktown was renamed Enterprise 1701 A at the end of ST4.

that's the commonly accepted theory (and it was NCC-1701-A it got renamed to, not NCC-1701) but there's nothing in canon about it.

umm I did say 1701 A... just no dashes.

dash is the proper way to seperate the parts of the registry just to avoid mistakes like this one aka I didn't see the "A" there, my bad. I'm dyslexic so I read the "A" as part of the next word, while I recognize my mistake here. I would suggest you use the dash in the future just for the sake of clarity.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    We know Data returned to active service by the time Sela asked to speak to someone about her mother. Also... Wasn't Robert April captain of the Enterprise before Pike?
    in TAS yes but is that canon this week or not, TAS that is, we know that there was a starfleet captain by the name of Robert April as he was mentioned in Discovery as a famous starfleet captain though no mention was made what ships Captain April commanded
  • Options
    jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Searching for Enterprise-E would make a cool story mission.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    rattler2 wrote: »
    We know Data returned to active service by the time Sela asked to speak to someone about her mother. Also... Wasn't Robert April captain of the Enterprise before Pike?
    according the the novel best destiny and a TAS episode i can't remember the title of, yes
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,791 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Hopefully not soon. The Odyssey class is not old enough yet. Even if a new Enterprise were needed, it would likely be a ship of an already existing class and thus the change from old to new would be very different from what we had when we went from the Galaxy to the Sovereign for example. This new Enterprise would actually be a bit boring because this ship wouldn't be all that special I think.

I think it's already a bit strange that many ship classes get one or multiple refits in less than two years - especially in cases like the Vesta, Odyssey, Sovereign etc. which are still relatively new designs too. So I don't think it would be a good idea to suggest that one of these classes becomes obsolete in less than a year, or at least not good enough anymore to bear the name Enterprise. In the series, there was at least a good reason to have the new Enterprise be a ship of a new class.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    If the Enterprise F is to be destroyed any time soon, then that would mark Captain Shon as either a bad captain or a very unfortunate captain. It should survive at least as long as the Enterprise D which is 8 Years... unless of course a STO movie franchise is in development, then the Enterprise F might be destroyed at the end of the 1st movie.

Since time in the game progresses very slowly (4 real years = 1 game year) I expect the Enterprise G will not show up in the game until the year 2045... at the earliest.