test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Designing the T6 Nova Class Science Vessel (Make it So Cryptic Devs)

124»

Comments

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    It seems like there have been hundreds of threads each for the T6 Nova and the T6 Vor'cha (my personal favorite of the two).
  • Options
    vosorosvosoros Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    kyuso21 wrote: »
    To the Star Trek Online Developers Staff,

Since the game has been released, it met hundreds of technical and visual updates. Indeed, several important ships have been visually updated like the Sovereign, the Intrepid, the Constitution Refit classes and so on. These ships are, actually, the most important as it means a lot to Trekkers/Trekkies because they were ships of well-known captains or about History like the Enterprise A, D and E, the Voyager or even the Enterprise NX-01.

Star Trek Online is the best Star Trek game ever created and will still be in the future. Some people are playing it for the competition and some others are playing for the story arcs, for the gameplay and customization and further more people are liking this game because it is their only way of expressing their own fan-fiction with their own crew and their own ship. And the latter is also my goal of playing STO.

Ships are the most important thing in-game, it means this is a part of your character, of your character story and also your preference among all those Fed ships. Indeed, mine is the Nova Class, just like the U.S.S. Equinox seen in Star Trek Voyager two parts episodes "Equinox".

The Nova Class is a tough little ship ("Little?" as Worf would say...). I faced the Borg, the True Way Cardassians and even the Breens without being destroyed (well, I bought the Rhode Island type to be more powerful than the original dilithium-paid Nova Class). But this ship is lacking of visual definition.

Everything must be remade and redefined as the real Nova Class. Sure thing, redesigning a ship means money, time and efforts and I do know about time because of future STO episodes and upcoming new ships. However, as lots of ships have been modernized visually, I think some need these improvements as well. And the Nova Class and Rhode Island really need it.

On the Nova Class, from up to downside, external view:
    • Saucer: Windows are missing in the provided areas. The Secondary Deflector Dish needs to be recolored and redesigned, just as the Intrepid Class and the Rhode Island type. The bridge needs a remodeling as the blue circle is not that bright and there are white lights around it like the Intrepid Class bridge. Escape pods need to be replaced correctly on the saucer and the same about nav lights that are actually located on the RCS thrusters and, by the way, the RCS thrusters have to be designed and colored, the nav lights are just next to them. Starfleet paints have to be existent around the phaser banks, the escape pods, the fore turrets and the secondary deflector. The "light cube" to show the name and registry of the ship is actually inexistent. On the saucer bottom side, the torpedo launcher is actually located at the front of the sensor array (which the latter one is blue-lighted) and there are sensor arrays below the phaser banks. The ship name and registry is located at the correct place but on a specific hull plate. There are no lights on the Waverider shuttle, so no light for the registry. It should not include the UFP logo on the saucer.
    • Engineering Hull: The major issue is the absence of the main deflector dish. The orange polygonal deflector needs to be created and added, just as the Intrepid and Nebula classes ships. Starfleet paints are needed around the phaser banks, the warp core ejection and the landing struts. The warp-core door ejection has to be made, just as the Intrepid Class and the landing struts are missing. The landing floor of the shuttlebay needs to be extended and actually, the aft torpedo launchers are not visible and are located on the dorsal side. There are no escape pods.
    • Pylons: Nothing to say about them, excepting a better definition.
    • Nacelles: The nacelles are good in shape, but Bussard Collectors are too little. On the wall that separates the collectors, there are a particular "crossed" hull part just like the Sovereign Class. The RCS thrusters are inexistent (but existent on the Rhode Island type). Nav lights are needed on the dorsal-aft part. It also need the Starfleet paints just as the Rhode Island type.

To be honest, the Rhode Island needs a few improvements but not that much as this ship received those which are not on the original Nova Class. If you pay a ship, you must need all the improvements.

To illustrate my suggestion (and nearly a demand), there it is the picture of the Nova Class (sorry about it, it is the damaged Equinox from Voyager, the CGI ship from Drex files):

069745c36a6cb473d32ad2c748906a99--star-trek-nova.jpg

The Luna, Cheyenne, Saber and Olympic Classes (which is a fake Olympic Class) need improvements as well.

I hope my suggestion would be read by the STO developers staff and by people from here.

xTS X Elite21 X on Xbox One (mostly Sylvain@xTS X Elite21 X) and also Sylvain@kyuso21 on PC.

Yes please...
  • Options
    kyuso21kyuso21 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    069745c36a6cb473d32ad2c748906a99--star-trek-nova.jpg THIS is the Nova Class how it is supposed to be! And if they redesigned the Miranda/Conney, the Sovereign, the Intrepid and the Defiant correctly, they can do it honestly!
  • Options
    You're welcome. However, there's umpteen threads about a T6 Nova, so the improvements are either 'on the board' or 'waiting for consideration'.

Yeah I've read them, but it seems like there would not be any redesign. I mean, making a T6 Nova is a good idea, but before that, it should be important to remake the ship before releasing any T6 ship. The Nova Class needs too much, non existent windows, too angular saucer, wrong main deflector design and lack of the dish, outdated visible torpedo launchers, low-quality phaser banks, low-quality shuttlebay... And so on so fourth...
  • Options
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    It seems like there have been hundreds of threads each for the T6 Nova and the T6 Vor'cha (my personal favorite of the two).

Not even making a T6 Nova, but beginning by redesigning the T2 Nova Class! It really needs it! That ship (my best ship), needs it, it is too outdated nowadays... And I also like the Vor'Cha :smile:

• Options
    tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Seriously everytime some Fed player starts crying for a ship they get it. Wish the devs would listen to KDF players for a change.

So much this.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    Thread: SHIP DESIGN IMPROVEMENTS @kyuso21

pIWTn8y.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    tremere12 wrote: »
    Seriously everytime some Fed player starts crying for a ship they get it. Wish the devs would listen to KDF players for a change.

So much this.

Rubbish.

Though PLEASE feel free to provide firm evidence of any instance where a new ship was introduced to the game specifically because of "players crying for a ship".

The amount of Fed-ism in the game is obviously toxic. I main mostly Rom/Kdf, and have 1 Fed purely to unlock some account-wide traits, otherwise I wouldn't even be playing this mundane faction.
  • Options

So much this.

Rubbish.

Though PLEASE feel free to provide firm evidence of any instance where a new ship was introduced to the game specifically because of "players crying for a ship".

The amount of Fed-ism in the game is obviously toxic. I main mostly Rom/Kdf, and have 1 Fed purely to unlock some account-wide traits, otherwise I wouldn't even be playing this mundane faction.

So you are saying that the game's biggest 'crime' is that the faction which the whole series has always been based upon is too popular?

Oh yeah and let me add that KDF people are generally cooler and less whiney - quality over quantity.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    @tremere12 you’ve gone from sensibly discussing the subject to making daft subjective trash statements.
    Try harder next time.

The Federation gets more ships because more people play it. You play to your best market if you have any sense, that’s how Cryptic works.
    And in fairness, these days nearly all ship releases come as part of a 3-set for each faction or a massive 9-pack like the new MW ships. Very few single faction ships get added these days. Gone are the days of the KDF or RR having no toys, or lack of science ships.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    I wish the Klingon and Romulan fans more good stuff in the future...but for here and now, it's literally a T6 Nova class dream.

;)
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User

So much this.

Rubbish.

I'd argue that the Ambassador was laregly a fan-demanded inclusion. There was no particular reason to include it - sure, one was an Enterprise, but it was never a hero ship.

Incidentally, we were also given the Kamarag at the same time, which means that, while there's still a case to be made that the KDF doesn't always get what it wants, it did still get something out of "Fed crying". Funny, that.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    This discussion must be slowly becoming a Cryptic Dev's worst nightmare; a T6 clamoring that just won't die...

>:)

Happy Halloween? *does the STO zombie dance* lol
  • Options
    I now demand more Harry Kim (with actor apt voice acting) in future episodes...in a (hopefully not so) lame excuse for the Cryptic Devs to go crazy and make the T6 Nova class and keep up with the fine trend. And dare I hope the bridge? Interior? Oh go on, you know you want too Cryptic overachiever guy or gal. lol
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    vosoros wrote: »
    This discussion must be slowly becoming a Cryptic Dev's worst nightmare; a T6 clamoring that just won't die...

This is a T6 Nova discussion...

...it cant be bargained with, it cant be reasoned with, it doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear, and it absolutely will not stop...EVER, until you release a T6 Nova!
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    vosoros wrote: »

This is a T6 Nova discussion...

...it cant be bargained with, it cant be reasoned with, it doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear, and it absolutely will not stop...EVER, until you release a T6 Nova!

ORRRR...

We are the T6 Nova thread. You will make us a T6 Nova. Resistance is futile!

:p
  • Options
    The more I read about this thread, the more I see disgust between Fed and KDF/RR players. We are all playing a game that is mostly based upon the major topic: Star Trek, Humans and the UFP. Klingons was, is and will be always considered as the 2nd major role into the franchise, and Romulans at the 3rd place. However, KDF/RR are not forgotten. There are more players into the Federation than into Klingon Defense Force or Romulan Republic, that is clearly obvious.

The devs' choice has been made clearly, more ships to the Fed, and a set if you wish to buy ships for all the factions. And no way, other players have a great choice of ships (but I do agree there are not so much Klingon ships in the C-Store, or redesigns...).

Here, it is a T6 Nova/T2 Nova redesign thread. No shame on that, no hate on that. Thanks. Be respectful.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    kyuso21 wrote: »
    The more I read about this thread, the more I see disgust between Fed and KDF/RR players. We are all playing a game that is mostly based upon the major topic: Star Trek, Humans and the UFP. Klingons was, is and will be always considered as the 2nd major role into the franchise, and Romulans at the 3rd place. However, KDF/RR are not forgotten. There are more players into the Federation than into Klingon Defense Force or Romulan Republic, that is clearly obvious.

The devs' choice has been made clearly, more ships to the Fed, and a set if you wish to buy ships for all the factions. And no way, other players have a great choice of ships (but I do agree there are not so much Klingon ships in the C-Store, or redesigns...).

Here, it is a T6 Nova/T2 Nova redesign thread. No shame on that, no hate on that. Thanks. Be respectful.

I see you have successfully leveled up your diplomacy...

:D

...thank you kindly for such wise words.