test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Warp Shuttles in the Mid 23rd Century ?

ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 523 Arc User
In the Third Episode of Star Trek Discovery we see Shuttles going to Warp do they really had that in Cannon the answer is YES THEY DID matter in fact there was script in the Original Series to have Shuttle craft going to Warp matter in fact Matt Jeffery's him self did some sketches of a Warp Powered Shuttle in the Original Series this is a 3d rending of it hqdefault.jpg
So yeah they are still using cannon in Star Trek Discovery while keeping it fresh matter in fact we see different once in TAS as well plus in Enterprise we Saw Different Shuttle Crafts with Warp Drive in them from the Xindi all the way to Vulcans so it makes sense that they have Warp Shuttles in Discovery and TOS The thing to kept remembering folks Star Trek Discovery is trying to kept things in Cannon and at the same time be fresh show that people can watch theses guys are doing there Star Trek Homework here that's one of the reasons why Discovery looks like she dose so please lets just be happy we have Trekkies that know what there are doing have Free Will to kept it Star Trek not like the Executives at former UPN that Killed Enterprise with the TRIBBLE Time Travel TRIBBLE these are good stores and lets try to kept an Open mind the Cannon is ever evolving both past present and Future
May the Shwartz Be With You
CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I would like to introduce you to a close, personal friend of mine: the period.

period.jpg

s8BAIrY.jpg

greater-than.jpg

Post edited by evilmark444 on
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    ryuranger wrote: »
    In the Third Episode of Star Trek Discovery we see Shuttles going to Warp do they really had that in Cannon the answer is YES THEY DID matter in fact there was script in the Original Series to have Shuttle craft going to Warp matter in fact Matt Jeffery's him self did some sketches of a Warp Powered Shuttle in the Original Series this is a 3d rending of it hqdefault.jpg
    So yeah they are still using cannon in Star Trek Discovery while keeping it fresh matter in fact we see different once in TAS as well plus in Enterprise we Saw Different Shuttle Crafts with Warp Drive in them from the Xindi all the way to Vulcans so it makes sense that they have Warp Shuttles in Discovery and TOS The thing to kept remembering folks Star Trek Discovery is trying to kept things in Cannon and at the same time be fresh show that people can watch theses guys are doing there Star Trek Homework here that's one of the reasons why Discovery looks like she dose so please lets just be happy we have Trekkies that know what there are doing have Free Will to kept it Star Trek not like the Executives at former UPN that Killed Enterprise with the **** Time Travel **** these are good stores and lets try to kept an Open mind the Cannon is ever evolving both past present and Future

So in canon do they shoot warp shuttles out of cannons?

P.S. Google search run-on sentence and when to capitalize and when to not.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    Just like in TNG where there were multiple shuttle types, it makes sense that there would be in the 23rd Century as well. The Class Fs typically seen aboard Connies were most likely only short range impulse. Doesn't mean that Starfleet didn't have any that were capable of warp travel at all.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    The Type F has used warp drive in TOS. Despite dialogue to the contrary they are warp capable. Unlike this non-canon design.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I see no reason why they should not have the ability to build warp-capable shuttles in the 23rd century. The first warp capable ship was the Phoenix, and it's not larger than a shuttle. I see no reason why their ability to build small warp engines should have diminished.

I am sure they also have the capability to build shuttles without warp, and maybe they did that.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Picasso - Kirk took this in pursuit of the Enterprise in Menagerie after Spock hijacked the ship.

It ran out of fuel, but Kirk was gambling Spock would come around and pick him up rather than let him run out of air.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    That is So True Guys Matter in fact the Design I showed was for a Script that never got produced that intrudiced a Warp Shuttle in TOS so it made sense in Discovery to have them that being said another point go to Star Trek Discovery for being Cannon
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • Options
    That is so true guys, as a matter of fact the design I showed was for a script that never got produced, which would have introduced​ a warp capable shuttle in TOS. It makes sense for Discovery to have them, so that's another point for Star Trek Discovery being canon.

While I haven't been impressed with the show so far, I agree that it makes perfect sense. If anyone had an issue with it I don't understand what their problem is.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    I see no reason why they should not have the ability to build warp-capable shuttles in the 23rd century. The first warp capable ship was the Phoenix, and it's not larger than a shuttle. I see no reason why their ability to build small warp engines should have diminished.

I am sure they also have the capability to build shuttles without warp, and maybe they did that.

A lot of it has to do with cost and purpose. A warp-capable shuttle will always be slower than a warp-capable ship provided that the same technology is used. So using a warp-capable shuttle on an exploratory ship is just asking for trouble due to the dangers of unknown space while it is safe to fly in known Federation space.

Although, the main reason why shuttles in TOS didn't show warp capacity is likely due to shuttles being the 23rd Century equivalent of a tender (small boat used to ferry people and cargo for a much larger ship). So shuttles in TOS were meant to ferry people from the Enterprise to a planet and not travel to another star system.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Spock used one in TMP though. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
    In the Menagerie, Kirk and Mendez were following the Enterprise, which WARPED out of orbit, in a shuttle craft. It HAD to have warp capability.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yeah, It's nothing new really. In TAS, the Enterprise was said to carry six different types of shuttle including a warp capable one.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    In the Menagerie, Kirk and Mendez were following the Enterprise, which WARPED out of orbit, in a shuttle craft. It HAD to have warp capability.

Maybe it even had a mushroom drive? ;)
  • Options
    szim wrote: »

Maybe it even had a mushroom drive? ;)

Was very inefficient if it had.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    Maybe the Mega Brains made the Enterprise look further or closer then she really was.

The shuttle had those warp pods on the bottom, hence I say it was warp capable.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User

period.jpg

s8BAIrY.jpg

greater-than.jpg

Giggles...that made my afternoon.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options

period.jpg

s8BAIrY.jpg

greater-than.jpg

A period is a length of time of unspecified but regular duration. That is a 'full stop' or simply a 'stop'.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »

period.jpg

s8BAIrY.jpg

greater-than.jpg

A period is a length of time of unspecified but regular duration. That is a 'full stop' or simply a 'stop'.​​

Your point? :tongue:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options

period.jpg

s8BAIrY.jpg

greater-than.jpg

I have never once in my 31 years heard someone refer to the 'period' punctuation as a 'stop', sounds dumber than referring to soda as 'pop'
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    then you've clearly never heard someone send a telegram​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Do telegrams still exist? Only ever seen them mentioned in movies and history books
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options

period.jpg

s8BAIrY.jpg

greater-than.jpg

A period is a length of time of unspecified but regular duration. That is a 'full stop' or simply a 'stop'.

I have never once in my 31 years heard someone refer to the 'period' punctuation as a 'stop', sounds dumber than referring to soda as 'pop'

May I just take a moment (or even a period) to congratulate you on your correct usage of the quote mark (') instead of the dialogue indicating speech marks (") more favoured amongst those whom we exiled.

I will now retract it and offer strongly worded (and yet unspoken) insult for your egregious use of 'soda' to refer to 'fizzy pop'.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options

period.jpg

s8BAIrY.jpg

greater-than.jpg

A period is a length of time of unspecified but regular duration. That is a 'full stop' or simply a 'stop'.

May I just take a moment (or even a period) to congratulate you on your correct usage of the quote mark (') instead of the dialogue indicating speech marks (") more favoured amongst those whom we exiled.

I will now retract it and offer strongly worded (and yet unspoken) insult for your egregious use of 'soda' to refer to 'fizzy pop'.​​

Actually, we are specifically taught in school to use quotation marks (") when quoting sources and such.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    The Spore Drive was pretty much a fallier and we will see that later on in Star Tre

period.jpg

s8BAIrY.jpg

greater-than.jpg

I want you to stop posting on this forum you are abusing it and making fun of people Stop it you Troll!
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 10,347 Community Moderator
    While grammar and punctuation lessons can often be useful to help someone more clearly convey their thoughts, especially on the internet and for those whose first language may not be English, let's not use such knowledge to belittle or shame. Regardless, I think everyone here knows what the topic is, so let's get back to it. Thanks. :)

Qsn3vFp.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    I want you to stop posting on this forum you are abusing it and making fun of people Stop it you Troll!

A forum is designed to be posted on making a post not an abuse of use. At no point (in this thread anyway) did I (or indeed anyone here to be fair) 'make fun' of any one. And if you class off topic posts as trolling then that covers about 60% of all posts on these forums which kinda devalues the whole word.

I can't tell if you're talking about Marks post to you about the sentence ending punctuation mark or me for my reply to him but your sentence dosn't apply to anybody in this thread.

This is Ten Forward (this is also partly in reply to @baddmoonrizin ) once a thread has run its course they're often taken over by idle chatter. I don't believe there's much more that can be said about warp capable shuttles so this thread has gone the way of most overs in TF.​​

#TASforSTO