test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Another server failure!

The login server has died and it is not possible for anyone not ALREADY in the game to log in. If they are this incompetent under normal loads, I wonder what is going to happen when this new season is released and many more people than usual try to log in?

Comments

• haychewhaychew Member Posts: 1 New User
    Spoken like a true user.
  • snafu33snafu33 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    who has a spare virtual server to loan to STO so we can get back online?
  • ensignrandensignrand Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    well atleast it wasn't just me...
    Remember, getting mad at me and taking it out on your keyboard.... just means you need a new keyboard ;)
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    also consider something, this game may have been attacked by a hacker, the exact problem hapening tonight on this game happened on a entirely different game put out by an entirely different company same issue, you can get to the forums and it knew who you were but the game itself was unaccessable.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I think 'some' people are too harsh on them - cause they clearly not 'incompetent' as thread author suggests; but most are very skilled and vast majority of the time do a good to great job. o:)

Hopefully issue resolved soon. <3
    0zxlclk.png
  • syros04syros04 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    theres been no comment on this thread for nearly 20 minutes, im curious if any of yall got back in game yet? mine still says unable to authenticate AND the launcher changes its mind every little bit about whether its online or not. Just curious if im the only one or if this is still going on for others.
  • dankcobdankcob Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    It would be nice if I could get back to kicking some time travelling a$$ in this game. Can we PLEASE get the server back up before I have to go to bed to prepare for a long workday in the morning?
  • syros04syros04 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    yay dankcob its not just me haha, wheres the dev statement about this? ive checked the twitters i know too
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    syros04 wrote: »
    theres been no comment on this thread for nearly 20 minutes, im curious if any of yall got back in game yet? mine still says unable to authenticate AND the launcher changes its mind every little bit about whether its online or not. Just curious if im the only one or if this is still going on for others.
    What gets me is no comment from the tech team.
  • loki2215loki2215 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hey Khartan, you can't get in either, eh?
  • alexandraraimarkalexandraraimark Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Well, if was in the middle of a DDOS and I wanted to get my services back out there to my clients I would be doing the old daisy chain of blocks for all the IPs coming through border routers to where the shroud is hanging out. That's a lot of phone calls to upstream router providers and saying, "hey, this bunch of IP addresses is in a block of trojaned machines (or deliberate and dedicated) and set to DDOS people and we need any traffic from them to us blocked." All of these things takes time. The fact that we get a lot of our content in real time kinda makes us wonder why it takes a while. But, depending on what kind of initial investigating they're doing - like figuring out which border routers are passing the traffic by tracerouting back to the culprits and figuring out which ISP/Router provider to get on the phone with - this one might take a while.

And yes, the timing right before the release of a new season could very well be deliberate. Got booted off after a couple minutes of dilithium exchange being offline. I was SMDH for sure.
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    I think 'some' people are too harsh on them - cause they clearly not 'incompetent' as thread author suggests; but most are very skilled and vast majority of the time do a good to great job. o:)

Hopefully issue resolved soon. <3

I agree with this. I know I can and time ago have been very harsh.. But after taking a look at myself and thinking can I do what they do, do I have the skill to make such a game like this free for the most part. Would I like to be treated and talked to in such a matter. No to all the above so live with it or step up to the plate.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif