test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stuck at "patching" but it already patched earlier today!

That's it. I got the current patch earlier in the day, and then dared to close the game. Now it sits there on "patching" and won't let me even try to sign in. Now what has been broken?

Comments

• Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    I have had this happen twice as well. Just leave it for a few minutes, it will get to just over a megabyte, then finish, and you can launch the game. Definitely annoying but they always break more than they fix.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Yeah, sometimes when I attempt to log into the game regardless what day of the week, the launcher is stuck on "Patching". I simply wait a few seconds and if nothing happens, then I close launcher. After that, I simply start up the launcher again, log in, and then click the "Start" button a few seconds later.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue, but waiting, and closing / restarting isn't doing the trick.

I've tried using the proxy patch servers, proxy gameplay servers, force verify, safe mode.... nothing is helping.

Any caches I can clear out?
  • Options
    tieberionetieberione Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    Account Server crashed about midnight, so if your not in game, your not getting back in till they fix it sadly :( I'm in your same boat, couldn't sleep, came to play, and bam, sorry, authentication server down.
    Tieberion, Captain of the USS Excalibur NX-97000-B

• Options
    vormarionvormarion Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    It actully booted me from game in the middle of a Borg invasion match. Now it tries to connect to the launcher but fails after 5 attempts telling me to check my internet connection... which is fine as I am making this post.
  • Options
    iridiumfluxiridiumflux Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Server crash?
  • Options
    drquack#7825 drquack Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I cant even get passed the autoupdate launcher
  • Options
    jthomas52jthomas52 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The same thing is happening to me.
  • Options
    geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Yep, I'm in the same boat. Wish the system would let an operator know when it goes down so they could at least try to restart it. Lol
  • Options
    iridiumfluxiridiumflux Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Is there no "Server Status" on this website?
  • Options
    negativesolnegativesol Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    There are people streaming STO right now, so its not the entire server. I was dc'd between loading zones for an STF and have been stuck at the Launcher Autoupdate since. Cat power!
  • Options
    torri#4857 torri Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    count me in with this group, i just get the small window that says attempting to patch. fails at 5 trys.