test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Installation is frozen

I am a lifetime subscriber. I haven't had the game installed due to various reasons, and today started to install the game on my desktop PC under windows 10. I am on the launch screen, and it shows patching is at 22 %
"patched 3408.6MB / 15GB received 1290.3MB - 22%". It's been stuck there for a while now. What's going on? I have Verizon fios and just did a test and my download speeds are currently over 102mbps.

Comments

• Options
    vader#3999 vader Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here can't load game.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    All I can recommend is to allow the game to download over night.

I'm glad I installed the game before Arc existed. I simply keep a backup of the game on an external hard drive. Anytime I want to "install" STO on a new laptop or desktop, all I have to do is simply copy the game directory, then launch the game and allow the game to patch itself.
  • Options
    reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Same here. I installed STO on my new computer in July and everything worked fine until the August 24 server reset when everything STO related went to hell. Slow patching, slow logins or login server timeouts. If i was lucky enough to get into game I could not play because of slow loading, constant server not responding and server timeouts. One time the server not responding time went to over 800s. I tried everything I could think of to fix it but no go. Even the STO forum load is slow or I have to refresh the page to get it to show. So I got the bright idea to uninstall and reinstall STO. Now it won't even patch the game so I can try to play again. I don't know if I even want to waste the time on it if I will be back to the same situation as before.

PWI and Star Conflict patch, load and play just fine. This just seems to be STO related for me.

• Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Just google STO Stand alone, install without Arc or Steam, play and enjoy.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png