test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anything is possible with STO

Guess what show these characters are from:
21731322_1640218192695031_3179691665880044783_n.jpg?oh=dcea00f38c8c7bfd4f1498b0db98fd80&oe=5A49E4E6
lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg

Comments

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    From STO?! :) No, seriously, I dunno.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    All my characters are based on anime characters, and I love the customization in the game.
    edited September 2017
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    LOL. I kinda recognize Misty now. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Well, still looks better than their newest redesign.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Never understood why everyone is so fascinated with Anime.. but good that you found something you like.

Your captain actually looks a little like the Vorta Weyoun from Deep Space Nine.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    Never understood why everyone is so fascinated with Anime.. but good that you found something you like.

Your captain actually looks a little like the Vorta Weyoun from Deep Space Nine.

Good stories, good characters, and so on.
    In the west, all ya had were either Disney, or 30 minute toy commercials.

That's just the quick answer.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Blech, never have liked pokemon, and if you think it was ever anything more than a "30 minute toy commercial" your fooling yourself.

I'm talking stuff like Slayers, Record of Lodoss War, Wanderers El-Hazzard, Mysterious Play, Moyashimon: Tales of Agriculture, Me mei me strawberry eggs, Dragon Quest Abel's Legacy, etc.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Blech, never have liked pokemon, and if you think it was ever anything more than a "30 minute toy commercial" your fooling yourself.
    Pokemon was originally a video game. The toys came later.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    I liked it a lot when I was young. Looking back however, it wasn't all that great and perhaps a bit silly even with all the repetetive speeches from Team Rocket and such. I still like that we have space Eevee's in STO though.

At least Pokémon was a bit ... normal I guess. Compare it to things like Dragonball Z with all the moronic shouting and it's not difficult to understand why some people don't like anime - or prefer their kids to watch different types of shows.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Speed Racer, Star Blazers, Robotech, Tranzor Z (Mazinger), and Voltron.
    Sailor Moon, Devil Hunter Yohko, Dirty Pair, Project A-ko.

The list of anime is expansive and exhaustive. From the silliest for small children, to the disturbing and mature. With even the worst anime besting the animation of Hanna Barbera who was saturating the American market for a while.
    Saying anime as one category is like saying movies. It contains so much for so many different tastes.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
    feiqa wrote: »

The list of anime is expansive and exhaustive. From the silliest for small children, to the disturbing and mature. With even the worst anime besting the animation of Hanna Barbera who was saturating the American market for a while.
    Saying anime as one category is like saying movies. It contains so much for so many different tastes.

For Voltron, you wanna see Go!loin, and Dairugger, the original Japanese. Far superior...and the story telling and dialogue is better, not the insulting one's intelligence dialogue, crazy censorship or male voice actors voicing female characters with bad falsetto like the American dubs had,
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    I liked it a lot when I was young. Looking back however, it wasn't all that great and perhaps a bit silly even with all the repetetive speeches from Team Rocket and such. I still like that we have space Eevee's in STO though.

At least Pokémon was a bit ... normal I guess. Compare it to things like Dragonball Z with all the moronic shouting and it's not difficult to understand why some people don't like anime - or prefer their kids to watch different types of shows.

You might wanna try Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball GT, which were more comical oriented.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    feiqa wrote: »

For Voltron, you wanna see Go!loin, and Dairugger, the original Japanese. Far superior...and the story telling and dialogue is better, not the insulting one's intelligence dialogue, crazy censorship or male voice actors voicing female characters with bad falsetto like the American dubs had,

Oh real dubs of the originals would indeed be better. . . Of course some make me want to learn conversational Japanese so I can just watch the originals. But I digress. The point of the list was to show a broader category as the rational of not seeing how someone likes anime is one I have heard a few times before. And it irked me that I never had a compelling answer. Till now.
    Anime is a medium, not a genre. Like television shows, movies, or books. You can have I love Lucy, Citizen Kane, or Harry Potter. And so much more in each. That is how you like anime. Look around and you may find something you like.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator

At least in Pokemon 2000, Ash actually did what we all wanted him to do for so long. Interrupt the Motto. Team Rocket started it up, James JUST said something about being on the silver screen, and Ash just cut them off by saying "I'll have to catch this on video."
    I frickin' LOL'd
    Anime I have liked, Ranma 1/2, Vampire Hunter D, and a few others I can't think of the name of right now.

Pokemon, bits and pieces of Digimon Tamers (season 3 of Digimon), Sonic X, GATE (Modern Military vs Medieval Fantasy type show), Arpeggio of Blue Steel (navy stuff), Fairy Tail, Appleseed (the CG movie followed by Ex Machina. Haven't seen the most recent)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    I have also made characters from Sailor Moon, Rozen Maiden, Girls and Panzer and planning on making Gundam characters.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I never think of Pokemon as anime.
  • alexhurlbutalexhurlbut Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    That's like saying why everyone is so fascinated with comic books, or audio books. It's a form of media, although with Anime, it specifically refer to *ANY* animation made in Japan or by Japanese studios.

Studio Ghibli movies are anime but some of them are considered very good; Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle, Castle in the Sky, Ponyo, My Neighbor Totoro, Graveyard of the Fireflies, Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away and so on.

Just like any form of media, you have bad apples and really rotten tomatoes. You get middle of road stories, great stories, bad stories, and unfathomable stories.

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User

Yup, and I bet people would say the same thing about Star Trek. ;)