test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cannot do new Featured Episode (Beyond the Nexus) on a team larger than 2 people

gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
The new Featured Episode, Beyond the Nexus, is bugged when you try to do it as a team.

In short, it is not possible to do the Episode as a team larger than 2 people. It places you into seperate instances when you try to enter the Rotanev system. Even if you beam out after reaching the USS Madison stage, and reenter the mission, it still splits you up into different instances.

A group of us tested this from multiple angles. It didn't seem to be a problem localised to just us - we invited a couple of others to try and they also had this problem.

A team of 2 people does not cause any issues - both enter the same instance without issue.
A team of 3 people, ends up with 2 people in one instance, and the 3rd in another. As they were in a different instance, mission progression tracked seperately for them, thus rendering the teaming pointless.
A team of 4 people, ends up with 2 people in one instance, and the other 2 in another
A team of 5 people, ends up with 2 people in one instance, 2 more in another, and the final guy in another instance.

yjkZSeM.gif
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    That actually makes sense after having run the mission. If you play the mission solo, you are only allowed to bring one away team member, which means the maximum team size is two. Although I haven't played every single (non solo) mission in the game with a team, I have done enough of them to see that the size of your away team, counting you, in solo play is also the max team size for multi play, at least it has been that way on every mission I have done with a team. It sucketh quite muchly, especially for groups of fiends who like to play together but it is what it is. Really not much worse than having all the solo only junk stuff mixed into the middle of everything.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    not a bug; see tomorrow's patch notes​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.