test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What would you like to see added to the C-store?

12345679»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I've come up with a few ideas, but mine are better as alien ships.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    Um... it's ok, but.. not great.

Thank you for the input. :smile:
    I like it* :sunglasses:

*But I'd lose the red rings, and make the grey ring more identifiable as a phaser strip (or strips), make the 'homeplate' RCS thrusters about 40% smaller, and only have four at 2,4,8 and 10 positions, and switch the grey-stripe/panelling for the recent Connie skin Thomas released.

I DO like the overall hull shape and proportions, the JJPrise-esque impulse engines, and the overall nacelle design. It's definitely a better design than anything I could come up with :sunglasses:

Interesting observations.
    Since this ship is supposed to be a Tier-5 or Tier-6 Exeter refit (I should have stated that already) mixed with the Emissary class star cruiser, and JJ-Enterprise Connie, your suggestions are excellent.
    I did this model in 3Ds Max, mapped it in UV Headus, and used Photoshop for the textures so changing the texturing is relatively easy.
    In fact, I think I'll do a second texture scheme using your advice and see how it looks (minus Thomas' texturing because I don't have access to that, nor permission to use it).
    The armor-plating is supposed to reflect Klingon influence and was for a Universal-Console proposal for this craft I'd like to pitch to Cryptic: Universal-Console "Belted Neutronium".

However, it does detract from the traditional Star Trek aztecs and armor plating style.
    If I had access to Thomas' texture maps (material, normal, bump, specularity, etc.) and his permission to use them, I would certainly fit them to this model.
    I thought about using my armor-style for only the bump and specularity maps (meaning it would be subtle), but then I started looking over the Klingon armor plating styles and decided to make it more pronounced.
    However, that can be easily changed.
    The inspiration for this design is the current season of STO, since the alliance plays more of a role against the heavy armor Tzenkethi ships I was going for more of a heavily armored Federation/Klingon mix starship.
    I have both Klingon and Romulan variant ideas for this ship, but I'd have to make the components for them (saucer, engines, pylons, main hull, neck, devices).

Thank you for the input, it is very helpful in fleshing out this model. :smile:
    You're very welcome, I think it's a fantastic design, I'd be happy to fly it, and now that you've said that it's an evolution of the Exeter, the overall silhouette definitely makes sense :sunglasses:

If the hull design is representative of armor, then that definitely explains the aesthetics, and the need for a different hull appearance. I just love the skin Thomas did for the Connie and Miranda, and figured that if your hull had that skin, it would look SuperClean, especially in environments like the Briar Patch :sunglasses: But, if it's supposed to be armor, then that's a perfectly valid concept :sunglasses:

"I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    ship interiors. T6 Science K'vort. a token to move a single character to another acct (Anne REALLY wants 3.14159 of Pi on her acct) If STO could get the rights, The Firehawk heavy cruiser from Starfleet Command II
    Spock.jpg

• tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I've always wanted more playable Delta Quadrant species.
    I'd even pay c-points to unlock the options I am interested in via C-Store, that's how much I want them.

More melee weapons would also be nice, I've been wanting a Kar'tarkin and a D'k-tahg ever since the game launched.
    Sulu's folding katana, one handed daggers, dual daggers, mek'leth, it could just keep going on and on.
    And we have the Furiadon Fangs, so dual wielding is definitely possible now.
    But let's not repeat that again, the fangs are left/right/left/right striking, you can't use both at once for a synced dual strike.

Combat pets, I'd love to have those too, as long as they were permanent (no cooldown) and don't despawn when defeated.
    A rez mechanic would be better.
    Dogs, Hathons, Furiadons and Gorn Saurs would be my top choices.
    And just for the rule of cool/funny, attack cats and birds too. If it's a pet, make it a combat pet!
    Enemy NPC: AHHHHH! Someone get this cat off my head!
    I vote for German Shepherd for an option, just so I can play like Fallout! B)
    Husky would also be nice, I like them as well.

Ultimately though, it does eventually end up being a case of "I'm bored, so I'm putting the wallet away".
    I didn't get the playable species I wanted, which translates to no new captains and by extension, less c-store purchases.
    Everytime I make a new Captain, I buy a fair amount of stuff from the Lobi store, which means I'm spending money on lockbox keys to acquire the Lobi. I would also purchase some ships I haven't already unlocked (for console sets) from the c-store as well, so there's more money incoming. Add to that the DOFF roster increases and the drydock slots, there's more purchases involved.
    None of which happens if the captain can't be created in the first place!

And if the suggestion of Custom Alien imitations is about to be made, please let that poor horse Rest In Peace!
    Everyone who has tried to convince me that I should do this has failed, so it's not worth the time or effort to mention it again......

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • bruccybruccy Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    theres more than enough garbage in the zen store and its lobi version . i would like to see a patch to address issues players have asked for on the quality of life thread
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    > @zero032 said:
    > Vulcan ships for the love of god still waiting years for more....also make em t6 or atleast have fleet variants

I've been wanting the Suurok class to be added for a while now.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I think every species you can pick from the character creator should have at least one C-store top tier faction ship available to them. So that means a Telarite, Vulcan, Andorian, Ferengi etc ship.
    I know there's already the Ferengi lockbox ship buy why the heck did they ever think to put a faction ship in a lockbox to start with. Especially as they can be a playable species.
    SulMatuul.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    I think every species you can pick from the character creator should have at least one C-store top tier faction ship available to them. So that means a Telarite, Vulcan, Andorian, Ferengi etc ship.
    I know there's already the Ferengi lockbox ship buy why the heck did they ever think to put a faction ship in a lockbox to start with. Especially as they can be a playable species.
    Every race? Including Trill, Bolians, Betazoids, Rigelians, and Benzites? :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    .....even the Pakleds?
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    .....even the Pakleds?

Especially the pakleds!
    We need to make it go!

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    An Item Unbind Token so you can pass those really sweet Mk XIV epic phasers on to your alt. If it can only unbind one level, say from Character Bound to Account Bound to Unbound, you would need two Unbind Tokens to put the item up for sale.

If this is a problem for certain items, exclude those from what an Unbind Token can effect. The easiest way is to exclude any Bind On Pickup items, only allowing Bind On Equip items to be unbound.

If you really want to limit the use of such items to prevent a glut on the market or whatever, then make each use of an Unbind Token reduce the item's rarity. If the item does not exist at a particular rarity level, then it cannot be unbound if it would fall below that item's minimum rarity level. For example, Caustic Plasma weapons begin at blue rarity. If unbinding such a weapon would reduce it to green quality, then that item could not be unbound.
  • wilusawilusa Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    ship interiors-seriously we can do better than we have
    costumes-been a long time since any new ones appeared
    race change token-sometimes you get sick of the same thing all the time
    ee35678e98b44a8e156730c58125ec53.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Could we please get a the Cardassian uniform added to the store?
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    @avoozuul
    I think they could be holding that Uniform for a Cardassian Reputation if they ever make one.
    Or alternatively, the Cardassian faction when it comes out.
    That faction might even include the Cardassian Reputation as part of the content update.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(