test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

curious

otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
make_peace_or_else_by_otisnoble-db9uw7p.jpg

why would a xenophob traditionalist wear items from both the Romulan and Klingon culture?
Fleet Admiral Stephen

Comments

• ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    he got his outfit from the local charity shop - its all they had in his size
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    You forgot what looks like an Iconian belt.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    You forgot what looks like an Iconian belt.

missed that, he is quite eclectic and accepting of other cultures
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    The Minister is wearing the Sphere Builder hood and Romulan Senator robe too.
    Obviously, Cryptic isn't concerned with making one-off costumes for minor characters we'll only see once or twice.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    7FjqSkC.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited May 2017
    i5zxNM9.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Most of their outfits were ruined by the radioactive slurry, so they put together outfits from the pieces they have leftover. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    otisnoble wrote: »
    i5zxNM9.png

Sorry, not sure what I said but OK.

Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    Maybe he just likes how those clothes look.

Isnt that planet very poor? Maybe they just get hand-me-down stuff.

To me, everyone I see wearing those dual "capes" looks more like they are wearing drapes. Which is ok, as long as they match the carpet. Or shave.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Because this season was rushed out. The queue UI was (and still is) unfinished, one of the new queues couldn't go live at the season start, NPCs are not wearing unique clothing, armor and weapons, even the Husnock bridge looks like something that from 4 years ago. They obviously had to take many shortcuts in order to meet the deadline.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    Because this season was rushed out. The queue UI was (and still is) unfinished, one of the new queues couldn't go live at the season start, NPCs are not wearing unique clothing, armor and weapons, even the Husnock bridge looks like something that from 4 years ago. They obviously had to take many shortcuts in order to meet the deadline.

Indeed. Notice how both the Kentari and the Lukari use Starfleet issued phaser rifles? The first sure hate foreign cultures, but they gladly take their weapons pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    The Kentari, and most of the aliens in the old exploration cluster missions, used Talarian fighter ships as well.

I can however excuse a ship (that is not distinctively Starfleet, Klingon or Romulan) a lot better than the phaser rifles. Star Trek has for budget reasons reused old ship models quite a few times, the Talarian starship was seen in use by different peoples in the show as well. I have no problem to believe that some generic starship designes are shared/traded amongst the galactic community, as well as generic phaser and disruptor weapons. However, using clearly Starfleet issued items was just lazy in regards to the Kentari. We have generic phaser models in the game (the old "assault" type weapons) - but all in all, the lack of any unique models for the new episodes is quite disappointing in that regard.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Aw c'mon, we went 200,000 years into the past to Iconia and fought people who were using the exact same weapons being used "today", one of the fights I was in, one of the enemy was actually named "Starfleet Officer".

If enemies from 200,000 years ago can use the same Starfleet issued items that we use, why not the Kentari ?
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    otisnoble wrote: »
    make_peace_or_else_by_otisnoble-db9uw7p.jpg

why would a xenophob traditionalist wear items from both the Romulan and Klingon culture?

One word... Kitbash just like the Klingon Light Cruiser I see some bits off several ships tweaked and changed around a bit in it like the warp nacelles look like they are off a Matha. Rom light cruiser looks like the Shuttle with a tweaked Warbird nose on it. Nothing wrong with kitbashing. It can make some really interesting outfits and ships. Long live the time honored art of kitbashing!
    Side note wish the Klingon Light cruisers "wings" were swept aft instead of forward it looks odd and out of proportion with them swept forward to my eye good little ship however having a lot of fun with it.