What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Extended Maintenance 5/16 and 5/23

13»

Comments

• Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Green light on PC! This is not a drill! Prepare to be vaporized, Terrans!
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    PC is back, everyone! We'll let you know on Xbox and PS4 as soon as they're ready.
  • Options
    edworthy1edworthy1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Upset take so long bring the ps4 severs back doesn't take this dam long update the severs should of made a patch
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edworthy1 wrote: »
    Upset take so long bring the ps4 severs back doesn't take this dam long update the severs should of made a patch

That does not make much sense so I will provide you will a broken english answer.

Hardware no software patch to be made. Must make space, move hardware out and bring in new.
  • Options
    magikman79#5713 magikman79 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Xbox back up yet or are we not playing star trek today?... Call me crazy, but the middle of the day just does not seem the best time to go offline for hours at a time...
  • Options
    doug#3513 doug Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Now we have to wait another hr for PS4. And I thought Xbox one was already up and running??
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Xbox back up yet or are we not playing star trek today?... Call me crazy, but the middle of the day just does not seem the best time to go offline for hours at a time...

The servers are located in Boston, Massachusetts. I am sure the employees there have normal business hours like the most other businesses in the US of between 9am to 5pm EST. Though I am sure they are expected to work extended hours if the servers cannot be brought back up before the end of the normal work day.
  • Options
    thornore#3637 thornore Member Posts: 4 New User
    I am more curious as to why their servers have not been migrated into a cloud platform by now and removed the need for any major down time...
  • Options
    doug#3513 doug Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    > @thornore#3637 said:
    > I am more curious as to why their servers have not been migrated into a cloud platform by now and removed the need for any major down time...

Me to, it makes no sense
  • Options
    con1976#2852 con1976 Member Posts: 1 New User
    R they still download
  • Options
    > @con1976#2852 said:
    > R they still download

PS4 is...
  • Options
    doug#2800 doug Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @thornore#3637 said:
    > > @con1976#2852 said:

> > R they still download

>

> PS4 is...

Yep
  • Options
    magikman79#5713 magikman79 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Did they just add Another hour to it???
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    Xbox One and PS4 are back! Enjoy!
  • Options
    But now I am confused because of numb nuts up there giving the one guy a hard time about his usage of English and talking about hardware maintenance because the message I receive says it is shard maintenence which would imply database maintenance...

So maybe their servers are on a cloud platform but they are having to deal with database over runs and they shut down service to prevent any writes but there are certainly better methods at dealing with those issues as well.

Too many unknowns to know for sure and I guess they don't really care to explain for those of us that maybe able to understand. Plus the fact that "it is what it is so just deal"...
  • Options
    > @ambassadorkael#6946 said:
    > Xbox One and PS4 are back! Enjoy!

Hahaha

And now I get a message from PSN that their network is undergoing maintenance! !!

Perfect!
    Goodnight everybody!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    Thor, the posts made by Cryptic specifically state that the long maintenance windows last week and this week are due to hardware maintenance and replacement. And if you think the solution is as simple as "just put it in Da Cloud", I might be able to interest you in some oceanfront property in Nebraska...

Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    yulianhuayulianhua Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    PC is back, everyone! We'll let you know on Xbox and PS4 as soon as they're ready.
    Is the XMPP server going to be up anytime soon? At this point, it's been down 10 hours and counting -- almost 3 hours longer than the PC game servers. :(

• Options
    yulianhua wrote: »
    Is the XMPP server going to be up anytime soon? At this point, it's been down 10 hours and counting -- almost 3 hours longer than the PC game servers. :(

The team is aware and is looking into it.
This discussion has been closed.