test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

May we please have the Chat Cursor back?

That is, the cursor that used to appear at the start of the chat entry line, when you selected chat. It currently appears AFTER you start typing, but it is very hard to visually detect whether you have activated the chat window.

While you're at it, can you also restore the Delete/Enter/Enter functionality for Email that you removed 2 patches ago? When you click on an option like Delete (or Buy, in Exchange), you used to be able to hit Enter once to select the OK option, and Enter again to trigger it. That function still works in Exchange and other areas, but has stopped working for Email Delete.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    I thought the cursor issue was just me. Yes please bring the cursor back.
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    Yes, its annoying without. :|
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    The cursor helps to realize if I've accidentally hit enter (usually when missing the shift key) or something.
    Without it, I've been typing wasdawsdwdds... into the chat several times. :D
    Please change it back. <3
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Agreed, a most irksome thing to be sure. Would appreciate it going back to how it was previously :)
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    Please bring the cursor back :-)
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    This thread +100

Chat is annoying without the cursor
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Wow, seriously I thought it was just me.

^this

YES BRING IT BACK
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Sometimes I have this other issue. I hit enter, type /bind, select the appropiate bind command ... and cannot type anything in the chat window. I just want to type the name of the bind file, but it is impossible.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    People couldn't figure out how to remove it - resulting in them getting lost as they were too much focussed on it when flying around the Galaxy.

So Cryptic removed it, to improve the quality of the game and all that :)
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    It almost sounds like a bug, but we should probably get some official response on this to be sure.

And yea it is annoying as the only way to tell if your chatbox is active or not before typing is the color change around it to indicate its active... which is pretty easy to miss most of the time.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    That is, the cursor that used to appear at the start of the chat entry line, when you selected chat. It currently appears AFTER you start typing, but it is very hard to visually detect whether you have activated the chat window.

While you're at it, can you also restore the Delete/Enter/Enter functionality for Email that you removed 2 patches ago? When you click on an option like Delete (or Buy, in Exchange), you used to be able to hit Enter once to select the OK option, and Enter again to trigger it. That function still works in Exchange and other areas, but has stopped working for Email Delete.

Thank you!

Holy snacks, both of these things. What an enormous step back in quality of life both of these changes has resulted in.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    they nerfed the chat window when the ground nerfs went live.

it's not listed as a 'known issue' or anything so it might be working as intended :(

I mean, I really like when I go to type, thinking the prompt is active, and have it smush me into the corner and open up 8 different windows... but it might rub other people the wrong way.

IKR? I love thinking I'm Armada chatting on the bridge of my D'Kora, but instead I open eight windows, start doing the Truffle Shuffle, and start sexually harassing Holo-Leeta, but maybe other people might be annoyed by that. Asking for a friend and all that, you know?
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Blinking cursor v1.0 was clearly OP. This next iteration ascended everyone to the next plane of communication.

wwwwwwwd wadddaas r
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    radonneradonne Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I, too, miss the cursor.

-R
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    That is, the cursor that used to appear at the start of the chat entry line, when you selected chat. It currently appears AFTER you start typing, but it is very hard to visually detect whether you have activated the chat window

It's not just the chat window. Almost every text box in the game is affected by this bug. And it doesn't matter if there's text in the box or not. After typing something, move your cursor all the way to the left. When you hit the left end, the cursor will vanish.

This bug was introduced by the Holodeck patch on February 23, 2017. I reported it in the Tribble bug forum on February 21. It was also reported in "PC Gameplay Bug Reports" on February 24. See the links below.

Text input boxes fail to display cursor in leftmost position
    Major Bug - Chat Cursor Gone
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    narxes081206narxes081206 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    +1 bring it back!
  • Options
    parish#5017 parish Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Agreed, this is very annoying and time consuming immersion ruining etc. Please fix this. Thanks