What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Text input boxes fail to display cursor in leftmost position

frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
Yesterday, I posted this to the February 17th patch notes thread:
frtoaster wrote: »
Bugs

1. The cursor in the chat window is broken. On Tribble, when the chat window is selected, the cursor is not shown if the text input box is empty. On Holodeck, you can see a blinking cursor regardless of whether there is text in the input box or not. I became confused several times when trying to chat on Tribble, because my brain kept expecting to see something that wasn't there. I thought, "Didn't I just hit Enter to chat? Why can't I type? Oh wait, I can type; the cursor is just missing." Yes, the border of the text input box changes color when the chat window is selected, but that's still not visually distinctive enough. Please fix the cursor in the chat window.

It turns out that this bug affects more than just the chat window, and it occurs in whenever the cursor is in the leftmost position, not just when the text box is empty. If you type something and then move the cursor all the way to the left, the cursor will disappear. This appears to be a general bug that affects most text boxes in the game. I've found that the bug affects the following text boxes:
  • the text input box in the chat window
  • the "To" and "Subject" fields in the "Compose" tab of the Exchange. (Curiously, the box where you type the message body is not affected.)
  • the search field in the "Buy" tab of the Exchange window
  • the price field in the "Sell" tab of the Exchange window
  • the quantity field in the "SELECT AMOUNT" window that pops up when you try to sell a stack of items on the Exchange
  • the quantity field in the "Buy" window that pops up when you try to buy a stack of items from a vendor. (This field also has another bug: the leftmost digit cannot be deleted. This bug is also present on Holodeck.)
  • the "Username" and "Password" fields on the login screen
Waiting for a programmer ...
qVpg1km.png