test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] 26th Century Dreadnought R&D Promotion!

Comments

• Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    No man... you gotta get in your Oberth and then take another picture!
    So, not an Oberth, but I used a Phantom for the Universe:
    20170311234756_1.jpg?raw=1

And a Malem for the Valkis:
    20170311164436_1.jpg?raw=1
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,807 Arc User
    IMO this ship is worth it only for sentimental reasons or if you happen to be (like myself) a ship collector. Same as the T6 connie for some. In terms of functionality IMO there are much better ships all round.

Also, it is a money grabber if you sell ships and only time will tell if prices will go down as much as they were these weekend.

It is a very nice ship to have but for some it is not a must.
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    atnyan26#7363 atnyan26 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Greed is eternal.
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    IMO this ship is worth it only for sentimental reasons or if you happen to be (like myself) a ship collector. Same as the T6 connie for some. In terms of functionality IMO there are much better ships all round.

Well, consensus seems to be that the Promo TOS ships are very strong indeed - ironically the Connie probably the weakest of the bunch. The battle-cloaking, intel-seating D7 is a VERY strong contender for the best cruiser in the game.

But yeah - while the stats are rule-breaking, they still feel seriously underpowered for such massive ships. Really the major appeal is flying the biggest ships in the game - which to be fair is quite understandable :).
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    Anyone who flies the Enterprise J is just making a statement. They are saying look at me. I have the most money and the smallest phaser in game.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,807 Arc User
    monodoso wrote: »
    Anyone who flies the Enterprise J is just making a statement. They are saying look at me. I have the most money and the smallest phaser in game.
    just-so-fabulous_o_1167461.jpg
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I'll fly one, but I won't like it. And if I do like it, I'll suppress any evidence that I do.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    I so hope this is an ultimate 'april fools' troll..... if not I seriously worry that this game wont be here next year... cause releasing something this stupid oversized screams 'bad juju'

that said, scaled down to sale that Valkis is sexy

How does that even make sense to you?

Bigger = better. This is a good direction for the game.

It's not Crytpic's fault the art-school dropout working on "Enterprise" made the ship as ugly as it is. The two ships Cryptic designed are really good looking, and it looks like they faithfully reproduced the canon uggo boat for the feds.

I'd hardly call him an art school dropout
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeB35O3zQ_A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g39o0p9Uctk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=817szSGDJsw
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Well, well, well... how's that for luck?

I just got a SECOND dreadnought ship.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    I opened one box and got Lobi.

No J class for me.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    jcsww wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesn't care what ships they add as long they keep adding ships people want? Whether it's a [...] garbage scow [...]

They already released that, Temporal Light Cruiser :)
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    jcsww wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesn't care what ships they add as long they keep adding ships people want? Whether it's a [...] garbage scow [...]

They already released that, Temporal Light Cruiser :)

I know but that seemed to make some people a little unhappy. PWE and Cryptic always said there would be no T5 Connie so they waited until T6. :P I'm just wondering when that T6 Ambassador is going to come.

Congrats! If you decide you want to part with it, then hopefully you shoot me a message in-game or through PM to give me an idea what you would take for it.
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    This game will be around for many years to come. Just because a ship is released doesn't mean the game is heading to maintenance mode.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    merlinofliramerlinoflira Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    doublecha wrote: »
    jjbuka79 wrote: »
    Why u make this promotion when the chanse to get one is 1 to 100. I open over 150 lock box and no one ship T5 or T6 same whit RD staff and other promo. Game dev wanna only money and no fun.
    Chance is set to 0.02%

No it isnt.

For the promo pack the droprate is 1.00%
  • Options
    aa1238aa1238 Member Posts: 29 Arc User

My god you are so freakin lucky I wish I was that lucky. So are you going to sell it for a billion EC or what?
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    An apology;

I have one of these Enterprise Js ( I enjoy it) and flew it until I completed the Mastery and then moved on to the next ship that I needed to master doing PVEs to gain the experience I needed.

In a much smaller ship I encountered someone else in a J and it was so obstructive to the PVE mission that I wish to apologize for anybody that I inconvenienced in this manner.

I spent most of the mission trying to get around this navigational obstruction.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    It makes my Dorito ship look like an actual Dorito LOL

Pancake%20ship2_zpsxaq7x4it.jpg
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    aa1238 wrote: »

My god you are so freakin lucky I wish I was that lucky. So are you going to sell it for a billion EC or what?

Sold it for 210 keys and a Zahl. So a fair bit more than a billion.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    yanayugi#3666 yanayugi Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I managed to get one and I called it the NCC-110460 USS Clarkson since it's large, fast, powerful and many people find it obnoxious. The shuttle is of course, the USS Hammond.
    I really wanted to call it this below but annoyingly it was too long.
    latest?cb=20101031000014

• Options
    kitcherykitchery Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I'd love to have the ships for my collection, but I think I'm going to be smarter about this and just wait to see if they show up on the C store in a few months. Would rather go that route than trying to play dice on multiple characters.
  • Options
    havefaith82havefaith82 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Can someone please tell me what the drop rate is for these? It seems like the drop rate has been getting so small, it isn't even worth it to invest anymore, with little to no return on my investment....

• Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    kitchery wrote: »
    I'd love to have the ships for my collection, but I think I'm going to be smarter about this and just wait to see if they show up on the C store in a few months. Would rather go that route than trying to play dice on multiple characters.

Ummm, good luck with that. The closest precedent to what you want is the T5 promo ships turning up in the Phoenix packs - where they're still absurdly rare. There is NO precedent for Cryptic putting lockbox / promo ships in the C-store, let alone questionable-whether-it-should-even-be-ingame ones like the Universe class.
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Got a 26th Century Durgath Heavy Dreadnought on my KDF Delta recruit, and i'm loving it B)
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    So they shrank it down and nerfed it to fit the game. Whatever.
    kitchery wrote: »
    It'll never happen, they won't do it that way because they make way more money from people gambling to win these things, while at the same time limiting how many of them will be flying around, if they put them in the C-Store, everyone interested and able will want to buy one, then there would be too many of them around.

If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Now thanks to YouTube I have viewed all 3 of the 26th Century Dreadnought ships I would order them from best to worst: Durgath, Valkis, & then the Universe. I still think all 3 designs are good, but the stretched windows on the J deducts for it.
  • Options
    wildstar9912wildstar9912 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I would love to get one, but all I'm doing is wasting money while constantly getting spam emails from someone selling them on their own website. It's really frustrating. I guess I should just stick to zen store and lobi ships. At least I know I'm actually getting it.