test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] 26th Century Dreadnought R&D Promotion!

Comments

• Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    Am I the only one who doesn't care what ships they add as long they keep adding ships people want? Whether it's a Borg Tactical Cube, Voth Fortress, garbage scow, or whatever. Even if it's a ship I have absolutely no interest in. More playable ships are better! Whether you like a ship or not, someone is going to and everyone should have every ship they want to play in this game. Stick your canon, blah blah purists, etc. It's a game and it's meant to be fun!
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    aa1238 wrote: »
    velqua wrote: »
    WORST IDEA EVER!!!

Seriously, what's next!? Playable Tactical Borg Cube? Playable Dyson Sphere? The game might not be ending, but with the release of these types of ships, one does begin to wonder.

First of all, no one in the STO dev team is stupid enough to make a playable Dyson Sphere. that thing is a whole MAP for goodness sake. Though I hope they put in like a borg Probe as a playable ship. That isn't too much right?

They said the federation would never have carriers and also they said that the standard cloak for defiant and galaxy-x would be the only ones to ever have a cloak so if it will make a dollar it'll get made regardless of their mental aptitude.
  • Options
    doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    Superb, but it's just a dream. The probabilities to obtain it are too low.
    Sorrow.
    Qapla'
  • Options
    jjbuka79jjbuka79 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Why u make this promotion when the chanse to get one is 1 to 100. I open over 150 lock box and no one ship T5 or T6 same whit RD staff and other promo. Game dev wanna only money and no fun.
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    sigh... this is stupid. Ships are way too big.
    Romulan one is pretty, if kinda obvious shaped.
    KDF is a stretch limo of the Bortas.
    Fed one, eh, front view reminds me of a whale shark's gaping mouth...

Unless Cryptic is going to fix the camera issues we have now, these will probably be sitting outside ESD/Qo'nos/DS9 just for the 'envy me!!!!' more than taken into combat.

I'll just hide in their blind spots laughing at them in chat.

Video of what the new KDF ship leaving space dock might look like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXPto7cqIVs
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    jjbuka79 wrote: »
    Why u make this promotion when the chanse to get one is 1 to 100. I open over 150 lock box and no one ship T5 or T6 same whit RD staff and other promo. Game dev wanna only money and no fun.
    Chance is set to 0.02%
    Qapla'
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    That is why I won't bother with the promo. If I really want this ship I will buy it from someone in the trading channel or reddit. The price would be high. The last time I saw a T6 Constitution was going for 250 lock box keys.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    doublecha wrote: »
    jjbuka79 wrote: »
    Chance is set to 0.02%

And even with that low it's still dépends on the server side to call it not on the player side which means if it was 1% drope rate if 99 guys open 1 before you, you will get a chance of being the winning 1% or you could never get it at all ;)
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I'll wager that they get a BOFF seating layout that includes Temporal and Intel hybrids.

I'll add to that wager and bet they come with the 5/3 weapon setup and a hangar including frigate pets...

Still waiting for a cstore Federation Dreadnought with that setup, too!
    Post edited by sunfrancks on
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    firstaid#5667 firstaid Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Didn't Drexler say (in regards to the Universe-Class): "But the number one purpose of the ship is... exploration, and exploration of the universe and ourselves; the more we learn about the universe, the more we know about ourselves, and that's the mission of the ship."
    Why are we classifying it as a Dreadnought (aka battleship) in this game?
  • Options
    tygerzztygerzz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Heck we should all be happy, if they are flyingn tier 6 ships in the 26th century then my current fleet of tier 6 ships should be viable for another 5 years.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    No man... you gotta get in your Oberth and then take another picture!
    I don't have the Oberth and I'm saving up some money for these packs, aiming for the Valkis.
    BUT
    I'll try to see with a D4X, a Malem or a Mobius, since those are the smallest I have. I'd try with the Aeon, but not only would it be overkill, but I don't think I can send a fighter in a non-fighter-only mission.

BTW, to give you an idea of the potential canon size compared to the rest of the ships:
    Eaglemoss_Starships_Collection_To_The_Same_Scale_Guide.jpg?dl=0

EDIT : and the stats have arrived.
    Once again: Sweet mother of Q...
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    The stats just got released. I like the hull on the fed ship. 62000 hull is very nice.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    5 base turn rate. Still too high for these behemoths. :D
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Eaglemoss_Starships_Collection_To_The_Same_Scale_Guide.jpg

image updated

Post edited by sarah2774 on
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    sarah2774 wrote: »

Based on image Enterprise J should be 1/4 of the borg cube.
    I just grabbed the most recent version of this image and overwrote the older one. The Ent-J is present.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    wow this will be one of the BEST looking ships ever.

Thanks Cryptic and take my wallet! B)
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Fugly stuff! Official starships of the International House of Pancakes.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    meiyo24meiyo24 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    rimmarie wrote: »
    monodoso wrote: »
    I will buy some r+d boxes to support the game but I won't be trying for the ship at all.

And what happens if you get one of those ships?

sell it for a Billion EC

you lobbyists are rich enough, i advise giving it to a friend or fleet mate that wants it or put it in a fleet raffle
  • Options
    szim wrote: »
    I'm really not a big fan of putting more and more canon faction ships into gambling boxes. In my opinion, these - just like the 23rd century price ships - should be a c-store pack.

totally agree with this, we suffer enough money grabs from the devs as is
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    all you have to do is resist the money grab and show them they messed up and they have to put it in the game in a more reasonable cost. by rejecting boxes you do this.
  • Options
    tomilak wrote: »
    all you have to do is resist the money grab and show them they messed up and they have to put it in the game in a more reasonable cost. by rejecting boxes you do this.

i'm a lifer so i get 500 zen for free every month. add to that i launch from Arc so by doing the Arc quests i earn points to exchange for more zen, for free!! so i'm done giving them money for zen, i can just get it the hard way
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    meiyo24 wrote: »
    I will buy some r+d boxes to support the game but I won't be trying for the ship at all.

sell it for a Billion EC

you lobbyists are rich enough, i advise giving it to a friend or fleet mate that wants it or put it in a fleet raffle

That's what I did with one of the many Kelvin Connies I got during the summer. Gave one to a friend who really wanted one. Put one hell of a smile on his face. :)
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    aa1238aa1238 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Never mind I guess the voth city ship is still bigger than the Enterprise J.
  • Options
    aa1238aa1238 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    That's what I did with one of the many Kelvin Connies I got during the summer. Gave one to a friend who really wanted one. Put one hell of a smile on his face. :)

I needed one of those lol
  • Options

sell it for a Billion EC

wish i had a friend like you dear :(
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User

sell it for a Billion EC

https://youtu.be/grVzHu-_LcU

;):DB)
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Yeah the pricing and pay walls with these ships these days I pretty much am just going to play with what I already have. I do have the assembly line to grind out all this TRIBBLE but its just not worth it anymore and hasn't been for a long time. I do like how they have been doing Klingon versions but it kinda came too little too late for me to get on board with this especially after the contraband nerfing.
  • Options

sell it for a Billion EC

https://youtu.be/grVzHu-_LcU

;):DB)

can send me a friend request in-game if you wish m'lady, it's nice to have friends around you even on a bad day