test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] 26th Century Dreadnought R&D Promotion!

Comments

• Options
    captwilhelmcaptwilhelm Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    nikolunus wrote: »
    By the great bird of the galaxy I think this is a bad idea putting these in game, there really should be some ships that should not become playable and the J should be one of those.

Agreed. I dearly miss the times when you jumped to fight the Borg surrounded by Defiants, Vestas, Galaxy-X etc. Now a typical team has Breen, Jem'Hadar and Kobali ships everywhere. This isn't more a MMORPG. This is only a MMOG. It is sad that the cost of the game beeing alive costed its identity.
    Pre-forum change name: Captain Wilhelm

Thanks Cryptic for introducing the Kelvin Timeline. It remembered why I decided to never more put any money on this game.
  • Options
    aa1238aa1238 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    monodoso wrote: »
    I will buy some r+d boxes to support the game but I won't be trying for the ship at all.

And what happens if you get one of those ships?
  • Options
    rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    aa1238 wrote: »
    I will buy some r+d boxes to support the game but I won't be trying for the ship at all.

sell it for a Billion EC
  • Options
    Honestly though. Some people actually LIKE playing in those Herald or Vaadwaur or Kobali or Breen or Cardassian or Jem'Hadar or Krenim or Risian or Temporal or Mirror or Tholian or Ferengi or Voth or Tal Shiar or Kelvin Timeline or Hazari or Benthan or Kazon or Nihydron or APU or Malon or Xindi or Vorgon or Elachi or Lukari or Na'kuhl or Sphere Builder or Zahl or Undine or Hirogen or Suliban or Solanae(Obelisk Carrier) ships. Yes I am a bit of a nerd when it comes to this stuff. I am in no way trying to judge anyone's opinion on this matter, I simply am trying to provide my own.
  • Options
    rimmarie wrote: »

sell it for a Billion EC

two things 1. That's a good idea but you better be one of the first to do it good luck
    2. Do you like playing a fair game not being so overpowered? that is very honorable.
  • Options
    dieorcomplydieorcomply Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I thing I will give this a miss, last time i spent way to much to try on the last one and got nothing and lucked out on the lobi too, so I thing I will save my money and buy mass effect andromeda instead ,say what you will about EA but at least you get something with your money and not have to gamble with your money and not get enything at the end.
  • Options
    lexintonlexinton Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2017

Could give it to me. B)

Seriously though I'm pretty surprised they'll be releasing such huge ships. I mean couldn't the size become an issue on some maps and missions? Well even if, these ships are gonna be prized for their size alone for years to come. Its the new Kelvin Dreadnought x10.
  • Options
    ash352ash352 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Now tell me what is the bridge, weapons, and console layout of this ship? it's gotta be, like, SO overpowered.

I highly doubt it. Remember these are 26th century ships. We already have 29th Century ships in the form of the Wells/Korath/R'Mor Lockbox and the Lobi versions. We also have 31st century temporal ships in the C-store. These will be around as powerful as the Temporal Cruiser (T6 Connie) since they're a R&D gamble pack reward.
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Best idea ever. This game needs these ships, and I will happily try my hand at getting all 3. You guys did good honoring the community by bringing in these ships. Kudos.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    Best idea ever. This game needs these ships, and I will happily try my hand at getting all 3. You guys did good honoring the community by bringing in these ships. Kudos.

I feel like sarcasmdetector is feeling a disturbance in the force right about now.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

I feel like sarcasmdetector is feeling a disturbance in the force right about now.

I'm not being sarcastic. I am 100% serious.
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    Guys, guys... April Fool's is NEXT month.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    I'm really not a big fan of putting more and more canon faction ships into gambling boxes. In my opinion, these - just like the 23rd century price ships - should be a c-store pack.
  • Options
    alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I believe the Alliance just got some awesome new toys to play with against the Tzenkethi. Next thing we know we're getting the Voth Fortress Ship or V'Ger (from Star Trek: The Motion Picture). No but seriously... WHAT THE HECK ARE THE DEVS THINKING!
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I believe the Alliance just got some awesome new toys to play with against the Tzenkethi. Next thing we know we're getting the Voth Fortress Ship or V'Ger (from Star Trek: The Motion Picture). No but seriously... WHAT THE HECK ARE THE DEVS THINKING!

They're thinking of ways to keep the money rolling in, and ships like this will do it. Also, I wouldn't like a Voth fortress ship, I would LOVE to have the Voth Citadel available though. Maybe in the next promo pack. :D
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Umm... It's still March. April 1st is still weeks away this blog is waaayyyy to early...
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    For the first time in likely ever, the KDF ship in a promo ISN'T the ugliest one of the bunch. The Federation takes the cake on that one. That is one ugly ship.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    frostyslyfrostysly Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    OMG really cryptic? This ugly thing? Ok, Ill keep my Zen :)
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    A voth citadel class would definitely interest me!! Though even more so would be THE Narada.
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    *still laughing*

Thats... ridiculous.
    iconians wrote: »
    P8AyX25.jpg

Oh good, we're finally going to get the USS/IKS/RRW Freudian Nightmare

Awesome :D
  • Options
    havik292havik292 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    So when does this promotion start?
  • Options
    berryme570berryme570 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    This is insane.
  • Options
    For the first time in likely ever, the KDF ship in a promo ISN'T the ugliest one of the bunch. The Federation takes the cake on that one. That is one ugly ship.

Blame Star Trek Enterprise, not STO.
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    More ships locked behind a less than 1% chance of winning. Sigh !.

I can understand doing the Enterprise F if you wish to limit the numbers but why lock those original Cryptic designed KDF and Rom ships behind RNGebus and not make them accessible to everyone via the c-store. Give them good enough stats and they'd sell.

I'm sorry i just can't justify throwing money away at these anymore. Beautiful design for the Rom ship again thou shame she won't be part of my fleet.

On another note thank you for the recent new Romulan and KDF Science ships and now 2 more pop up in this promotion but where's my T6 Vor'cha

Can i please have a T6 Vor'cha

https://youtu.be/f5WSYq7ZxfI
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    I'm really not a big fan of putting more and more canon faction ships into gambling boxes. In my opinion, these - just like the 23rd century price ships - should be a c-store pack.

And Cryptic is a really big fan of counting their money while laughing at posts like this unfortunately...
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    ships gonna have more than 8 weapon slots right? those ships are huge... they have to be able to fit more weapons on em... 6 fore, 6 aft, 2 starboard and 2 port... game's jumping the shark
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    The chances of getting this ship are so far out there. I tried with the T6 Constitution promo. After 150 boxes, no ship.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    My biggest problem with this promo is that i cant figure out which one I want the most. Serious toss-up between the klink and rommie ones.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    Well, I'm not gonna comment on wat makes sense or not, that space whale sailed a long time ago....

But...I'll comment on the appearance of those new ships:

1. The Universe Class looks pretty enough, if a bit front heavy.
    2. The Klingon ship is a giant TRIBBLE. Nothing wrong with that.
    3. the Romulan ship looks very nice.

I also want to mention how horrible it can be to fly a huge ship in this game. Things that die far away kill you anyway (yes, I'm looking at you Scimitar). Also extreme ship sizes (small or big) really don't work well with the camera.