What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is J'mpok a great Chancellor?

2»

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    ltminns wrote: »
    Did we ever get an explanation of how he survived the assassination attempt in 'The Temporal Front'?
    The same way players survive absolutely everything.

He respawned. :D

Or I suppose someone could've wave a tricorder at his corpse when we weren't looking.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Maybe not the main target but if you are going to poison someone, you don't just give them a very bad stomach ache.

Maybe the Na'kuhl should have conferred with Kim Jong-un before the Mission.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    it could be they vastly underestimated a klingon's constitution and didn't use a strong enough dose of poison

it might not have been j'mpok either, but a double; someone pointed out that there were differences in the character model from what everyone was used to back when that mission first came out​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Well, maybe he has an iron constitution, would he be the Klingon Iron Chancellor.

Otto von J'mpock. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    warpangel wrote: »
    lordgyor wrote: »
    Lets count his glorious victories.

1. made the Orions. Gorn, Nausicaans, and Ferasans (possibly the Letheans) into vassel states, vastly increasing the size of the Empires armies, fleets, worlds, technology, etc... In the process, serious made the Empire vaster.

2. Likely took some extra territory from the Romulans as well.

3. Sort of victorious in their war with the federation in the sense of helping to free it of Undine Influence.

4. Won a series of proxi wars with the Iconians, both servitor races like the Elachi, Vaudwaar, Heralds, and manipulates powers like the Undine, Voth, Federation, Gorn, ect..., and ultimately gain peace with the Iconians in a war the Empire should never have won.

5. Shares the two Dyson Spheres with the alliance powers.

6. Defeated the Borg, Tholians, Feklri.

7. Increased relations with Gamma Quadrant Worlds

8. Helped create the Alliance

9. Has presided over the greatest advancement of Star Ship technology in recent memory

10. Gained technology from the future.

11. Defeated the Sphere builders and their allies, including the Terran Empire.

1. May be correct although IIRC only the Gorn were actually conquered, the rest paid to work for them
    2. Is your own guesswork
    3-11. Is all the stuff the Player Character did

This all falls under J'mpok's watch as Chancellor. We as players are nothing more but trigger men to make these things happen. The accomplishments still fall under the leader's watch. For the same way IRL national leaders are revered for successful events, wars etc. even though they were not the ones drawing up the plans and pulling the trigger themselves.

And it wasn't J'mpok that was poisoned at the conference. There are tons and tons of KDF NPCs that look like that.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

1. made the Orions. Gorn, Nausicaans, and Ferasans (possibly the Letheans) into vassel states, vastly increasing the size of the Empires armies, fleets, worlds, technology, etc... In the process, serious made the Empire vaster.

3. Sort of victorious in their war with the federation in the sense of helping to free it of Undine Influence.

4. Won a series of proxi wars with the Iconians, both servitor races like the Elachi, Vaudwaar, Heralds, and manipulates powers like the Undine, Voth, Federation, Gorn, ect..., and ultimately gain peace with the Iconians in a war the Empire should never have won.

9. Has presided over the greatest advancement of Star Ship technology in recent memory

1. May be correct although IIRC only the Gorn were actually conquered, the rest paid to work for them
    2. Is your own guesswork

This all falls under J'mpok's watch as Chancellor. We as players are nothing more but trigger men to make these things happen. The accomplishments still fall under the leader's watch. For the same way IRL national leaders are revered for successful events, wars etc. even though they were not the ones drawing up the plans and pulling the trigger themselves.
    Except 85% of the time, it isn't even a KDF player character doing that. o:)
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User

2. Is your own guesswork

Except 85% of the time, it isn't even a KDF player character doing that. o:)

Doesn't matter. It is all under J'mpok's watch as Chancellor of the Klingon Empire. People hold up historical leaders up for their accomplishments all the time, despite them not doing the actual military planning and most definitely not the one facing the enemy in battle.
    XzRTofz.gif