test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game keeps crashing upon character login.

recently I've uploaded Windows 10 on my MacBook Pro via Parallels Desktop 12 VirtualWare; it was intended to run STO since would no longer be able to use my trusty old Crossover wineskin much longer due to the DirectX 11 switch which the wineskin can't use.

Anyway, game was successfully loaded, installed and patched. As soon as I hit engage, I get a message stating that the computer may not be able to run the program due to an unsupported video card; it gives me the choice to either run with default settings or with lower settings. It doesn't matter which I choose the results are the same.
The game loads normally at first, I get to the login screen then the character selection screen. However as soon as I pick my character the game starts loading but the quits one it's own and i get the following message.

Fatal Error: Direc3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while Creating pixel shader.

Happens every time I even if I use the lowest settings in the game.
Never had a problem like this on the crossover wineskin; maybe a little on the old Mac version whenever I'm at earth space dock but not this bad.

Current Hardware is 2.7 Intel Core i7, 8GB 1600 Mhz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650 M with 1024 MB and/or Intel HD Graphics 4000 and 750 GB HD.

Any suggestions to fix this?

Comments

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Try installing the most recent drivers for both the GT 650m and the Intel HD 4000.

If that does not work, then use the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer to download updates. It will install missing DirectX runtime files that the OS does not currently have. Windows 10 may be missing some older runtime files that STO's graphics engine is still reliant on... at least until March 1st when the new graphic engine is patched into the game which will drop support for all runtimes that is older than DirectX 10.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35