test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I really love these new ships and everything.

And I know they make the game lots of money.

But I'm reachin saturation personally.

I mean I like ships and all, but It almost feels like a lack of imagination sometimes. There has to be something else that's cool they can sell too.

Why not sell more playable species unlocks too? (aligned with current factions of course).

Something unusual for a playable species, like Tholian, playable holograms or some entirely new kinda species for a change.

Am I the only one who thinks this way?
tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited February 2017
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Just look at the movies nowadays. Everything's a reboot or sequel. Making new things is hard. :'( And people are lazy.
  • Options
    captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Sell the Andy TRIBBLE EMH!!!!!!
  • Options
    captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Andy Dich is not a swear word! Hes a hollywood legend.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User

Why not sell more playable species unlocks too? (aligned with current factions of course).

Something unusual for a playable species, like Tholian, playable holograms or some entirely new kinda species for a change.

I’d love such a thing and prefer it over the release of new factions any day.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Andy Dich is not a swear word! Hes a hollywood legend.

She stole his whole everything from Andy Kaufman

• Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Just look at the movies nowadays. Everything's a reboot or sequel. Making new things is hard. :'( And people are lazy.

And even when they do they sometimes take a lazy route and come up with something that was best left in an art book or drawing board. I'm looking at you Fed/KDF hybrid in the past....

star-trek-discovery_1.jpg
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »

And even when they do they sometimes take a lazy route and come up with something that was best left in an art book or drawing board. I'm looking at you Fed/KDF hybrid in the past....

I actually LIKE that design, quite of few folks do.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options

Wu1Ooju.jpg
    Yep...everything is pretty much just a remake, now.
    Orginality is shunned in mainstream media and hollywood, one reason, of many, that I avoid both.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options

Think the basics of that design can be argued about however the implementation just feels poor for a teaser trailer in the 21c.

They should have given the design specs to ThomastheCrypticCat and he would have taken care of the rest much better than what we got to see here.
    animated.gif
  • Options
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Other things I would find interesting:
    • Account-unlocked EVA suits (various flavors)
    • Career change tokens (though less important than they used to be, with all the specializations)
    • Experience boosts that are actually worth something. Such as "new captain is Level 50 immediately, for 1000 zen".
    • New species with exotic features.
    • New, expanded ship interiors with actual functions that are useful in the game.

And a species change token, Neverwinter has those.

They also got a thing where you can buy a fully leveled level 70 toon in Neverwinter....useful because leveling takes a LOOOOOONG time in Neverwinter. I got a toon there for a year and half, and she's level 68 only.

I'd love some more interiors and interactivity in them. I'd also like to see some stations get a facelift. like K-7 getting the exterior a improvement, and make the interior look TOS, if they can make past Drozana look good, why not K7?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User

Yeah im digging the discovery design it looks tight
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User

I mean I like ships and all, but It almost feels like a lack of imagination sometimes. There has to be something else that's cool they can sell too.

Nope, you're definitely not alone. I also wouldn't mind if we saw some other new things in the C-store that isn't related to ships - I've also reached the point where I'm wondering why I'd need another ship. I had hoped that, with the addition of the Xindi, they'd release them as a playable species for example.

The problem is, though, that the species we currently have in the store do not seem to sell well. I think that, last time they produced one of those charts, Caitians for example were less than 1% of the species played? And that's the species with a truly unique ability that doesn't require a trait slot and is active 100% of the time.

If I recall, regular humans and maybe Vulcans were the only ones that were really popular.

• Options
    risian4 wrote: »

Nope, you're definitely not alone. I also wouldn't mind if we saw some other new things in the C-store that isn't related to ships - I've also reached the point where I'm wondering why I'd need another ship. I had hoped that, with the addition of the Xindi, they'd release them as a playable species for example.

The problem is, though, that the species we currently have in the store do not seem to sell well. I think that, last time they produced one of those charts, Caitians for example were less than 1% of the species played? And that's the species with a truly unique ability that doesn't require a trait slot and is active 100% of the time.

If I recall, regular humans and maybe Vulcans were the only ones that were really popular.

Oh, I see quite a few Caitians and their KDF counterparts in game quite a lot.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    risian4 wrote: »

You make a fair point here.

Still, given the incredible number of ships we have in STO by now couldn’t one argue that each of them is also only flow by around 1% of the games population?

Sure there is a difference between having a ship and actually flying it but we sort of have that with the concept of alts as well.

I could imagine that more races + the option to simply re-species a toon over a c-store token would be a huge success. Same counts for re-career.

I don’t regret much in my toon gang (10) however there a few things I do. If I’d get the option to correct it without starting from scratch I'd take it. Even for 5k zen per re-race or re-career.
    animated.gif
  • Options
    I doubt it to be honest. Not because I wouldn't want to see it, but because the few numbers that we have available as players tell us species aren't all that popular.

Yes, I see Caitians too. They're still only less than 1% of the total game population though, although I do agree that this doesn't say a lot about overall activity - it could indeed be that there's simply a lot of humans and vulcans created that aren't really used - but in the end I doubt that could account for such a large difference between the most and least popular races.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I think you're all GROSSLY overestimating the number of players who have any interest whatsoever in playing outside the comfort zone of Humans and almost-indistinguishable-from-human (half) Vulcans. Care to guess what the ratio of captains looks like in the Romulan faction because I'll bet you "Vulcans that can actually party" outnumber Remans more than 10 to 1. Three thousand races that all look like people in make-up and facial appliances really isn't one of the stand out strengths of the property.

Making a variety of ships available has much more to do with fulfilling the fantasies of Star Trek fans than races. People see a shape or a scene or a technology that appeals to them and that's what they want to fly, to command, to make an extension of themselves. The types of products you see made available in the zeni store is not the tail wagging the dog.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Perhaps you are right. I don’t know myself really but buying ships gets somehow tiresome after 5 years. We need something new and powercreepy stuff we have enough of as well. :)
    animated.gif
  • Options
    Or maybe we are just months away from Tier 7. :D

I can see the pitchforks and torches showing up if that would happen. o_O;
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    Or maybe we are just months away from Tier 7. :D

I wouldn't be very surprised if this turned out to be true. At the rate they've released new C-store ships the last few months, it is certainly possible.

Although at the same time it would be kinda silly; but then again, we have ships that are barely over 10 years old in-game that Starfleet felt needed refitting so who knows?
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    OP: In general maybe, but Romulans and KDF had to wait two years for their own faction-specific science ships. These ships (current and last bundles) aren't "more of the same" they are the ONLY real T6 faction science ships for non-Feds. No, the 31st C future Fedships don't count.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

Nope. That is one hell of an interesting and awsome ship.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    The Discovery looks like a miranda banged a D7 and pushed it down the stairs...
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    I'd buy more costumes, and more ground and ship weapons if they werent in lock box, lobi store or 2mil dil,..

Specifically, I'd like a full auto assault phaser, some Ferengi outfits, specifically the fur one from season 1 TNG, some of the better ones (like quarks) from DS9, and some sort of camo like the 22nd century M.A.C.O. that doesn't cost 2 million dil.

I'd also be willing to pay for some different visuals on already in game assets. Maybe take a regular phaser, and put a TNG skin on it. Introduce Cardassian phaser rifles/pistols,... there are lots they can do that people will pay for that wouldn't take much.

Take a regular phaser rifle, put a TNG skin on it, and I'd buy 'em in droves. Wouldn't even need different stats.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    I would love to be able to purchase dil directly from Cryptic and bypass purchasing it from the exchange.

Enhanced ignore options. Being able to ignore a whole fleet at once. Preventing people on my ignore list from purchasing my items off the exchange.

Auto instance removal if someone on my ignore list cannot join the same instance I am in.

Key blocks in sets of 100.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User

That thing is terrible...
    Tza0PEl.png