test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pheonix Prize Pack Epic Failure For Long Time Players

Comments

• steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    I'm loving this event, it gives me a chance to hopefully pick up things like the RMC and the Tribbles I've missed or wasn't around for, and if fate smiles on me sufficiently to get a ship then so be it. If not, well there you go - that's life.
  • hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    Don't wory - you won't get any of those. I got about 300 and only got very rare and lower.
    However - the Upgrades are good - and I finally got the admirality ship and the red matter capacitor.

JH ship and Bullwark would have been nice (got the Bastion on one toon), but neither of those is essential.
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    Don't really care about any of the UR/VR stuff, but finally being able to get the Khan emote is nice.

But it makes me wonder if the 23c Temporal ships are going to be in it next time it shows up.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I don't understand why people would complain about these prize packs. They are targeted at players that missed out on things yes, but you can also get tech upgrades and such if you've been around for a while. If you don't need any of the stuff in the packs then you can simply ignore them. Imo they are a great dilithium sink. Look at the exchange rate. I haven't seen it this low in at least a year.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    talien wrote: »
    Don't really care about any of the UR/VR stuff, but finally being able to get the Khan emote is nice.

But it makes me wonder if the 23c Temporal ships are going to be in it next time it shows up.

Which event gave them away? (JHAS was originally an event ship.)
  • admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Yes, this isn't for the uber vets that has it all with hundreds of omega upgrades...for the other 99.9999999999999% of us...well it's great.

I go with that! :)

Qapla'!
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    I think you're kind of missing the point behind these packs. Being a "long term player" you likely have all the things you want from these packs. I'm much in the same boat (except I hardly have any of the lockbox ships) but I do have things like the Samsar cruiser etc. My new AoY toon however? She missed out on all this cool stuff, and one thing I'm pretty desperate to get for that toon is the console from the [T6] Samsar since it completes the Command Battlecruiser set and is also a really handy tanking console for Tactical/Science heavy builds where you might be light on hull healing abilities. I know that my Kelvin Dreadnought would love that console and for that reason alone I intend to dump as much Dilithium into the packs as I can and no doubt get some nice goodies for my efforts.

I think that while it's not a perfect system, Cryptic have really done a good job by introducing these patches. They've given players who like to roll alts a great way of getting gear they essentially couldn't get until now, while also giving players a mechanism into which they can sink Dilithium into and thus hopefully bring the crazy exchange prices down to something a little more realistic. So yeah, Cryptic get a cookie from me for these packs and I hope they continue to add more items to them for future reruns so any other characters I might make between now and then also have the chance to get them.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • pappy02upappy02u Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Only thing I wish for these things was if there was a trade up not just a trade down. Maybe a five to 1 trade up, like the doffs. But other than that it is mostly a decision of whether I really want the item so now I might just get the ones I would actually use.
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    talien wrote: »

If Cryptic did that I would likely throw my wallet, debit and credit card at the screen until one materialised in my inventory ;). Sadly I was flat out broke during that promotion so after six years nearly of wanting an end game Constitution from the prime universe (I do have the Kelvin one - but it's not the same) I missed the one chance of getting it. So yeah, I'd totally be up for that.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • anyonkaanyonka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Why can't people just be happy. Being a long term player means you do not have to take part, you've got the items already. this is a good way for people to get hold of items they've wanted but not there when they were first offered. there are rewards thee for those that have everything, so your not really missing out.
  • admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    anyonka wrote: »
    Why can't people just be happy. Being a long term player means you do not have to take part, you've got the items already. this is a good way for people to get hold of items they've wanted but not there when they were first offered. there are rewards thee for those that have everything, so your not really missing out.

Exactly! :)

Qapla'!
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Here's hoping to getting a Red Matter Converter for my KT Connie....
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Seriously LMFAO at "jaded grinder farmer veterans" pictures of some grizzled old timey miner type guys with dirt on their face......

Take note, shitload and dil-do are okay.
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    This prize pack ISN'T MEANT for long-time players. It's a means for newcomers to have a shot at rare, retired loot that can no longer be obtained. You aren't losing anything, and many others are gaining. Grow a heart and have some decency and compassion mate. I'm glad noobs can get the Red Matter Capacitor I've been enjoying since day one, as well as a host of other rarities I and other long-time players have been able to have. Why are you butthurt OP? You didn't lose anything.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Fyi guys, this phoenix box is in response to all those people asking for the jester dance and other odd emotes people clamor for.
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    gholendhor wrote: »
    Now this was a novel Idea but it fell short. I as a long time player who has completed all the events for ships, find the prizes lacking for the epic voucher. If I was to be awarded an Epic voucher, It would be useless to me as I already have all the ships offered. Maybe the Jem'Hadar Strike ship could have been offered, or maybe that new Ferengi ship only a chosen few received. All I'm saying is this pack is wonderful for those players who are very new to the the game,but us veterans get a selection of rewards that are already owned.

Hmmmmm......Nope. OP's logic busted. Those tech upgrades are worth downgrading those vouchers for, only if you have all the Eipc level ships from the pack. I just want the Bug ship which is UR tier in the pack. Otherwise getting the jester emote and upgrades. I have most of everything else. I kinda wished this phoenix pack was a permanent addition. But alas, I'll have to ignore fleet dil requirements just for these pack while they are available.
  • aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    Just buy all your characters the Admirality ship, the two Duty Officers, Red Cap. item and for the Anitproton builders - get the Crystaline console and the Antiproton torpedo.

I filled in the gaps with all my characters, so that's something. I may of used about 300k dil or something.

Sadly enough, no epic or ultra rare ones for me. It's a shame though that they aren't account unlock. So I hope I get a chance to get the Breen Dreadnought, since I missed that one.
    giphy.gif
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    One thing I keep seeing glossed over here:

While it's awesome that people get a chance to get missed items, the people that got them didn't get them for free!

They spent the time grinding or they bought the special game boxes for the codes.

Again, great for those that missed them, but the people that did get them worked for them.

The one thing that could have put this event over the top would have been to make the lower level coupons upgradeable to higher level ones.
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Well I thought this was going to be awesome, but 2180 Phoenix packs later without any UR or Epic drops and I'm thinking the new jester dance emote was made just for me.
  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    So are the odds on the lock boxes this bad too, like <0.04% chance of a UR or Epic?
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Yet ANOTHER example showing that the Devs just can't win.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • chewmagnachewmagna Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    4 year player here but I've never been around for the events. I've wanted a way to get the old ships for a really long time and was super excited when I heard about this. Sadly I spent all my dil on boxes before seeing what the drop rates were. Totally my fault. Instantly regretted it, I effectively set myself back months on dil for little to no reward. This is nothing but a depressing cash grab and a kick in the nuts for people who really wanted these ships and aren't able to drop a ton of money into the game for a slightly better chance of getting one. And if you want more than one? Better get ready to open thousands of boxes.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    The drop rate on a $1 lock box is 1 in 250 for a ship, so even if the drop rate is 1 in 1,000 for 10 cents worth of dil you still have better odds. Equal odds per dollar would be 1 in 2,500.
  • wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    It doesn't really matter, peeps.

The event for P.Packs is one week.

At the end of that week, they will no longer be available.

So it's not like they are simply giving the defunct items away.

They're just tossing a couple more out there.

If you have them already, fine.

Buy upgrades.

Or send me your Dil!

That way you won't have anything to b-tch about...

For the New peeps! Go! Buy! Get!

Then you too can join the b-tching circle... :/
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    well as a long time player I have opened 30 boxes and got loads of great stuff, I may even open a further 30 just for the upgrade tech, I think this promotion is awesome and hope they run it often.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.