• anyonkaanyonka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    anyonka wrote: »
    anyonka wrote: »
    kal36 wrote: »
    null
    I opened 400 and no epic token:(

It would be nice if there was a way to upgrade the Tokens to a higher rarity.

Why, no; cuz then everyone would have gotten at least 1 Epic token. With the Infinity boxes, there's already the danger of very rare ships becoming common. Got a Vonph, the other day, for a mere 150 mil (that market plummeting made MY day). But everyone in a Bulwark?! Where's the fun in that?

What's wrong with that? see I thought this was a game for a moment.

To each his/her own, of course. Me? I like the notion of rarity (which perhaps even translates to vanity a bit). It's fun to try and obtain objects that are rare. Like finally getting those JHAS Elite pets... or that Bulwark. It adds to the fun of the game, in that it gives you something to strive for (and thus enhances your excitement when you finally possess it). So, yeah, tl;dr: I really like certain ships to remain (relatively) rare.

at least you can be sure of the knowledge that your ships are account unlocked and reclaimable unlike the ships in this event, that in itself makes them more precious plus I shouldn't worry too much, its not like everyone is going to be flying these ships all the time especially as its quite hard to get an epic or ultra rare token.

If they were to allow us to upgrade tokens, we would still have to put in a lot of resources, so it wouldn't actually make those ships that common.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    One thing I keep seeing glossed over here:

While it's awesome that people get a chance to get missed items, the people that got them didn't get them for free!

And neither do those getting them through this event. A box still costs dil. The odds of the major prices dropping (UR/Epic) are small, judging from the 181 boxes I've opened so far (no UR, one Epic), so it's gonna be quite a few dil which also require time to acquire.
    chewmagna wrote: »
    4 year player here but I've never been around for the events. I've wanted a way to get the old ships for a really long time and was super excited when I heard about this. Sadly I spent all my dil on boxes before seeing what the drop rates were. Totally my fault. Instantly regretted it, I effectively set myself back months on dil for little to no reward. This is nothing but a depressing cash grab and a kick in the nuts for people who really wanted these ships and aren't able to drop a ton of money into the game for a slightly better chance of getting one. And if you want more than one? Better get ready to open thousands of boxes.

Yeah, small odds, but they were expected to happen. Luckily for me, I didn't care at all for Epic (already own all the ships) except in that they are 2UR, 4VR, ... My main intent going in was getting the Crystalline Spike for my AoY toons - which weren't around for that event, and I really like that console in my sucky ground game play - which I now can. I am also happy about getting the emotes (more or less guaranteed). So I will get stuff out of this and am very happy to do so. Maybe even some bonuses - the above mentioned Epic will mean two ships I don't need but would be nice to have for my main. Admiralty card is welcome, ZC Shotgun ain't half bad for those of my toons who missed the event, so is the torp launcher. Loads of things I may get. I won't get all, but before I had none, so that's an improvement.
    On a whole, catering to a few tycoons, with too much money, in need of a sink, is rarely a good idea when it adversely affects the vast majority of other players. Peeps seem to be happy, though, and I quickly converted my Zen to Dilithium before it was too late. Zen *buyers* of course, will be happy too.

I get the feeling that most of the complaints are from people "having it all" that there's nothing in it for them. I would prefer to call those the "tycoons". I also fail to see the "adverse effects on the vast majority of other players". The only effect - if not participating in the event - other players will see is the change in the dil exchange (and a possible slowdown on fleet projects), but that is not going to affect the "majority", and even of those affected, only half (the zen sellers) will be off worse.
    gholendhor wrote: »
    Take note of the title of this thread. The rewards for all the other categories are fine to me except Epic. Downgrading to ultra rare is known to me, but there I am limited to the 2 ships that were lottery chances to win.

To be fair though, especially with common usage of the word "Epic" on the 'net, as well as common grammar, your title of "PHEONIX PRIZE PACK EPIC FAILURE FOR LONG TIME PLAYERS" will more often be read as "Phoenix Prize Pack: Epic Failure" than "Phoenix Prize Pack Epic Rewards: Failure"
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • gaparkergaparker Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I finally able to get hold of Risian luxury cruiser from phoenix lockbox, that I missed it from event due to health issue. I found out that my other toons won't able get it from rep. store. I am not happy.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    gaparker wrote: »
    I finally able to get hold of Risian luxury cruiser from phoenix lockbox, that I missed it from event due to health issue. I found out that my other toons won't able get it from rep. store. I am not happy.
    Are you not happy because you didn't read the blog post stating that ships would not be account wide unlock? I can understand. I always get upset at myself when I don't properly read directions.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    gaparker wrote: »

#1 - It is not Crpytic's fault you had health issues.
    #2 - It is clearly stated that the ships are character bound.

Me? The only thing I really care about are the upgrade kits

• boachevboachev Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    As a person that never grew out of his "TRIBBLE YEAH DINOSAURS" phase, I've always been a huge fan of the Voth (as big as someone can be of a race that only appeared in one episode).

Finding out that I missed out on the Voth Bulwark while I didn't have time to play crushed me a little inside... I want all the space dinosaur goodies some day.

But you know what? NOW I HAVE A VOTH BULWARK! Oh, you have a problem with the Phoenix boxes? I don't care, because I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome my Dinosaur Starship is!
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    ^Pretty much how i feel. I was able to get the JHAS and am extactic.

But i know im very fortunate to have gotten an UR token in opening only 60 boxes.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Now this was a novel Idea but it fell short. I as a long time player who has completed all the events for ships, find the prizes lacking for the epic voucher. If I was to be awarded an Epic voucher, It would be useless to me as I already have all the ships offered. Maybe the Jem'Hadar Strike ship could have been offered, or maybe that new Ferengi ship only a chosen few received. All I'm saying is this pack is wonderful for those players who are very new to the the game,but us veterans get a selection of rewards that are already owned.

BFD I have 99.9% of the ships and gear that is in them that I wanted but it is worth the FREE gear upgrades! So quit yer Btching.
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Now this was a novel Idea but it fell short. I as a long time player who has completed all the events for ships, find the prizes lacking for the epic voucher. If I was to be awarded an Epic voucher, It would be useless to me as I already have all the ships offered. Maybe the Jem'Hadar Strike ship could have been offered, or maybe that new Ferengi ship only a chosen few received. All I'm saying is this pack is wonderful for those players who are very new to the the game,but us veterans get a selection of rewards that are already owned.

BFD I have 99.9% of the ships and gear that is in them that I wanted but it is worth the FREE gear upgrades! So quit yer Btching.

Exactly! If you have all the ships and the emotes, just downgrade the token to get the upgrades. The upgrades themselves rival the awesomeness of the Omega upgrades.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    I'm going to guess that I opened 3-400 of these boxes on my AoY character. She recieved 1 legenday, 2 UR, and a mix of the other rarities... Pretty much got her everything she hasn't had access too, now to spread the rest out amongst the other characters...

Very much a success in my book.
  • boweninugamiboweninugami Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Hey...long time player also. Been here since launch. I got all of the event ships save the JAS and the Bulwark. And I'll say this..enjoying this. I got a lot of my gear up to MK XIV and even some EPIC and UR rarities tossed in as I was upgrading it. And got the stuff I was missing like the Admiral Ship and a couple of the other things. Heck, even got the Bulwark and gave it to my Tac toon. So me, loving this. I might open some more later.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    Until I get my first (and second) ultra-rare from this box this promo is a bust for me.

Nice upgrades though.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Does the legendary token get you a playable T6 borg tactical cube or a gold plated marauder?

Or maybe just fly through space on a giant red iwin button?
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    tec upgrades are amazing, i always wanted a bug ship, stop complaining about stuff
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Okay if this promo was not for a long time players then where's our specific promo?

Certainly us long time players deserve our own special promo if they are singling out different classes of players for promos.

I suggest using a cut-and-paste of this promo, just whenever a box is opened it gives you a single Omni voucher that you can pick any of the items in this promo.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Okay if this promo was not for a long time players then where's our specific promo?

Certainly us long time players deserve our own special promo if they are singling out different classes of players for promos.

I suggest using a cut-and-paste of this promo, just whenever a box is opened it gives you a single Omni voucher that you can pick any of the items in this promo.

this promo is for everyone, there is stuff there from events like ships for example that might have been run before you started playing or maybe missed for some other reason and for players who might have done all of the events there is stuff that is useful no matter how long you have been playing those being Fleet Credit Bonus Pools, Fleet Mark Bonus Pools, Reputation Mark Bonus Pools, Commendation XP Bonus Pools, or the special Phoenix Upgrade Tech.
    given how hard it is to get the event items if anything this event is more favourable to long term players.

I don't really understand your cut-and-paste comment, surely if you are a long time player as the first part of your comment suggests why would you want a voucher that you can pick any of the items in this promo, surly you have everything from the hard to get items and all you should be interested in is the easy to get stuff.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    As a long time player that already has almost everything in the Phoenix Box.. I can say that this promotion has been fantastic for me.

It's been the best promotion in years and I'm not being the least bit sarcastic. I was sitting on millions of Dilithium just storing it up because I wasn't wanting to buy Zen at 450 to 1. This box has lowered the exchange rate by almost 200 points in a couple days. I decided today that 270 was fair enough and cashed in, walked off with just over 8,000 Zen.

I can either buy whatever I want from the store, or I can sit on the Zen and wait for the promotion to end and the rate to increase again to sell it back. I can also wait for a key sale and make a few hundred million EC.

Either way, I cleaned up on this thing so as a long time player I definitely don't feel that this promotion didn't offer me anything.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

this promo is filled with all the promos long time players have had, in other words you already got your goodies.
  • altran3301altran3301 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    How do I downvote this dumb thread?
    tnl3Zwx.png
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    sure we could all suggest things about this event that would have made it perhaps a little better like maybe making the vouchers unlocked so you could perhaps gift them to a friend especially if you got an ultra rare or epic and wanted to give them a chance to buy that event ship they always wanted or perhaps just sell them on the exchange to give some other player the opportunity to buy a ship and make a small fortune in EC in the process or just to swap for a goodly amount of lower value tokens but all in all I think its a brilliant idea.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    Guys, even if you never open a SINGLE Epic/UR from the Phlockboxes, everything you get is still a prize. Even the tech upgrades are awesome at common level.

Reading this post, i've seen people moaning at opening loads of gambling boxes and complaining that they didn't win - That's why its a GAMBLE not a GUARANTEE. or players complaining that they can't put a single ship over a dozen characters. Sheesh, you guys seriously don't have a clue on how to appreciate special goodies. I mean, even the common rewards are useful, even those universal upgrade tokens are bloody handy to get!

If you don't like the idea of spending dil for PhLockboxes, then don't. If you want a guarantee of a ship, then buy one with Zen. Or if you want a free T6, then wait for an event (like the current winter event) and get grinding, and lets be honest, 1 min of your time per day sliding on ice is not something you can call "a grind"....

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    altran3301 wrote: »
    How do I downvote this dumb thread?

Nice picture in your signature, head to the Epic Screenshot thread to post some more! :)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    ironmako wrote: »
    Reading this post, i've seen people moaning at opening loads of gambling boxes and complaining that they didn't win - That's why its a GAMBLE not a GUARANTEE. or players complaining that they can't put a single ship over a dozen characters.

If you're at least a bit interested in upgrading, it isn't even a gamble as such. The Phoenix Upgrades are worth more than the cost of a single box (again: if you upgrade items, so it's specific).

But I guess if I offered some people 5$ "and a small chance of 100$", they would still complain about not winning the 100 and the odds being bad, even though they just won 5$ for nothing...
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries