What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Winter Event Tips and Tricks 2016!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    As long as I'm playing, I intend to keep doing this every year.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'd like to thank everyone for another successful year helping others.

Hope to see everyone again at next year's winter event!

I hope will see you sooner than that. ;)
    STO-Party-001.png~original
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Yap, thanks for takling care of this.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Summer event is a bit trickier to do a tips and tricks thread. Floaters are pretty easy in Shooter mode. But... I guess we'll see what happens.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Has anyone ever gotten stuck in the Winter Event after is was closed? If so, how did you get out? :o

I'm not stuck, just curious. :smile:
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    it's impossible to get stuck; the game automatically boots you out to the instance you entered the winter wonderland from the next time you log onto that character after the event ends​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    huijianhuijian Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    GG
    3GIYBa2.jpg?1
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It boots you back to your Faction's homebase (ESD, First City, New Romulus Command) at the Transporter. All of my Romulans went back to New Romulus even though I never went to QWW from there.

The interesting thing was that my TOS Character stayed in QWW. I guess they couldn't take you back to ESD 23rd Century. This just tells me they have coding issues in the background for TOS Characters.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    it are the awesomez. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    TOS didn't get tossed out of the Winterland.
  • Options
    TOS didn't get tossed out of the Winterland.

Were you able to use the beam out button?
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You can and Q is still there to send you home as well. I was able to run an ice race there and got 40 thingamajigs but there was no Project to slot to expend them on.

There were quite a few people there, all fellow time-travellers, I assume. As I stated in my post about four up, the issue probably has to do with what they consider a TOS' Character 'homebase' to be, not wanting to send you to a 23rd Century ESD.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    You can and Q is still there to send you home as well. I was able to run an ice race there and got 40 thingamajigs but there was no Project to slot to expend them on.

There were quite a few people there, all fellow time-travellers, I assume. As I stated in my post about four up, the issue probably has to do with what they consider a TOS' Character 'homebase' to be, not wanting to send you to a 23rd Century ESD.

I wish our TOS Captains could go back there by choice the way a Rom Captain has a choice of Rom or faction base.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    It would even make sense for Q to be able to send you there...
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    xyquarze wrote: »
    It would even make sense for Q to be able to send you there...
    Yup. Then do a little TOS "shopping" and then either Q or Daniels could be waiting then send our "Time Captains" back to ESD as if we had just completed the Mission: The Battle of Caleb IV.

That would be a nice little annual Secret Santa Q gift. :smiley: