test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do Not Buy Zen - Black Friday bonus does not work

13»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »

Says I've got 0 points. I have a receipt for buying zen in my email. I'm not sure why unless I bought it too soon. I got it Thursday morning just after they posted the announcement. Too early maybe?
    yeah, apparently the sale didn't actually start until noon Friday. :/ You should ask nicely of customer service to see if they can help.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    ...fair enough to use steam to launch sto if that's the way you want to go but buying zen through steam seems like more trouble then its worth.
    Because it is only 2 mouse clicks to buy through Steam. One to click "Buy Zen" on the Z-store page, a second one to confirm purchase. Done. Zen appears instantly. I tried to purchase through Arc once. Never again.

perhaps a case of easier does not always mean better here.
    it may be only 2 clicks to buy but its the problems you have sorting it out when it goes wrong that makes it more burdensome.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• scarrnscarrn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    starkaos wrote: »
    scarrn wrote: »
    Three fleet mates and myself have bought through the website after clicking the in game [Buy Zen] box.

We got our Zen and bonus Zen, but none of us got ARC points, even though we clearly have the purchase history transaction showing.

Directions unclear, Zen stuck in nebula.

ARC, please advise!!!!!!!!

Try the following link.
    garaks31 wrote: »

Select which Tier to claim and then click claim.

THANK YOU StarKaos, I think that did it!

May the random factors be ever in your favor.
  • grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    They screwed up with the posted time on the news page. However, regardless of this a lot of my armada members bought Zen and also did not receive the bonus. We all put in tickets.

They responded that they are aware of the problem and that it happened to several people and will be looking into it.

Most likely the "big boys" who fix stuff won't be in until Monday morning anyway.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • summonerdeltasummonerdelta Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I bought the $200 and I can't clam the Hestia. Says I don't have enough points. Guess It's time to open a support ticket.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,907 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    So, is this Holo-Leeta different from the previous Holo-Leeta??

Answering my own question: It would appear to be different in that I cannot change the appearance of the Groupees Holo-Leeta. She defaults to Mirror Leeta and doesn't give me an option to change her appearance.

I never had a Leeta before, but I cannot change the appearance of this new one, either. Which is rather sad, as Dabo Leeta has the exact same face as Empress Leeta (who is decidedly much older).

Now I'm even wondering why I got her in the first place, as she has no SRO Trait, so I can't really use her anyway. :)

Wait. You're saying that the Holo-Leeta that you get from THIS promotion, the Black Friday Promotion, comes out of the box defaulted to Dabo Leeta in appearance??

no, when you claim her it pops up an option box, just like the chioce of marks box for completeling borg red alert. you choose which Leeta

Did you get the previous Holo-Leeta (Mirror) BOFF from the Groupees Promotion? Or is this your first Holo-Leeta BOFF? @meimeitoo actually said this is her first and only Holo-Leeta and it doesn't give an option for appearance when opened.

my first one per the text you cannot claim it if you already have her.
    leeta5_zps9bpm8twg.jpg
    sig.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Answering my own question: It would appear to be different in that I cannot change the appearance of the Groupees Holo-Leeta. She defaults to Mirror Leeta and doesn't give me an option to change her appearance.

I never had a Leeta before, but I cannot change the appearance of this new one, either. Which is rather sad, as Dabo Leeta has the exact same face as Empress Leeta (who is decidedly much older).

Now I'm even wondering why I got her in the first place, as she has no SRO Trait, so I can't really use her anyway. :)

Wait. You're saying that the Holo-Leeta that you get from THIS promotion, the Black Friday Promotion, comes out of the box defaulted to Dabo Leeta in appearance??

no, when you claim her it pops up an option box, just like the chioce of marks box for completeling borg red alert. you choose which Leeta

Did you get the previous Holo-Leeta (Mirror) BOFF from the Groupees Promotion? Or is this your first Holo-Leeta BOFF? @meimeitoo actually said this is her first and only Holo-Leeta and it doesn't give an option for appearance when opened.

I did get to choose which Leeta I wanted, but you can't change her appearance at the Tailor. I was able to reclaim her, though.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,746 Community Moderator
    edited November 2016

my first one per the text you cannot claim it if you already have her.
    leeta5_zps9bpm8twg.jpg

Ah! So, there's the answer in the description. The first Holo-Leeta from the Groupees promotion says that it displays the Mirror Leeta Admiral outfit only and doesn't mention any option of the Dabo Leeta outfit. So, this version of Holo-Leeta gives the appearance options.

EDIT: To include image of the Groupees Promotion Holo-Leeta BOFF

ZBOgt1A.png

I always thought it was odd that the Dabo Leeta was pictured with this BOFF even though that costume option isn't available with this version of the BOFF. It's essentially the same BOFF, except without the extra costume option. It's a shame really, because I'd like to use the Dabo version on more of my characters.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    it may be only 2 clicks to buy but its the problems you have sorting it out when it goes wrong that makes it more burdensome.
    I've never had an issue with Steam. I did have an issue with Arc. Took them 24 hours to give me the Zen I purchased. 2 clicks and an instant purchase vs several clicks a, a trouble ticket and a 24 hour wait.

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    redvenge wrote: »
    I've never had an issue with Steam. I did have an issue with Arc. Took them 24 hours to give me the Zen I purchased. 2 clicks and an instant purchase vs several clicks a, a trouble ticket and a 24 hour wait.

you may just be lucky with steam but as I said before I have seen an awful lot of comments regarding players having problems when buying zen through steam and this would be enough to put me off if I ever buy zen in the future.
    sure there may be problems from time to time with Arc or through the web site but it stands to reason they should be able to sort out the problem quicker if they don't have to confirm your purchase with steam.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    The point values don't seem to match what they said on the website advertising them.

It's kinda irrelevant for me, since I own the Regent and Hestia, and the only interesting thing would have been to claim the lower tier values several times, but that doesn't work either.

System needs work.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    First you go here to spend reward points: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/rewards

Then you look in the Z-store promotions tab.

Such TRIBBLE this was not explained to me when i spent all that money this past holiday!!
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    How many threads are you going to necro?
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    How many threads are you going to necro?

As many as I need to to find out how what went wrong, and to give some clarity to my support ticket!
    azrael605 wrote: »
    All your gonna do is get banned.

That would be an injustice as all I am doing is voicing my displeasure. They can't ban for that.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    They can ban for violating forum rules which is what your doing.

How so? These threads provide evidence of the confusion that I am trying to prove to ensure I get my rewards that were conned out of me.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    forum necromancy is against forum rules thats how
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
This discussion has been closed.