test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do Not Buy Zen - Black Friday bonus does not work

Comments

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    zulisvel wrote: »
    I bought mine by clicking the "buy zen" button in the c-store then going through the arc games billing page the popped up.

K, thx. I'll do that, then.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Yeah, just noticed that too. This could use some clarification.

Well by direct testing, it's account wide :).

^^ Just want to confirm: purchase went thru fine, and I received my Leeta :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,907 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    stolir wrote: »
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    So is that Holo Leeta, or the Mirror Holo Leeta? Basically, Dabo girl or Empress? I got the Empress, but I could get behind a Dabo girl.​​

You get to choose Dabo or Mirror appearance, Tactical/Intelligence either way.

Does anyone know her stats? Too bad she's Tactical, actually, as that means sacrificing 1x SRO.

i posted the stats in the network thread., but here she is Tac, Intel spec you choose between Admiral or dabo. if you already HAVE admiral you won't be able to get her, it says so on one of the pages.
    leeta1_zpspttsjdyg.jpg

we followed the gold CHARGE PAGE link. I think that's the only way to get the points
    sig.jpg
    stolir wrote: »
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    So is that Holo Leeta, or the Mirror Holo Leeta? Basically, Dabo girl or Empress? I got the Empress, but I could get behind a Dabo girl.​​

You get to choose Dabo or Mirror appearance, Tactical/Intelligence either way.

Does anyone know her stats? Too bad she's Tactical, actually, as that means sacrificing 1x SRO.

i posted the stats in the network thread., but here she is Tac, Intel spec you choose between Admiral or dabo. if you already HAVE admiral you won't be able to get her, it says so on one of the pages.
    leeta1_zpspttsjdyg.jpg

we followed the gold CHARGE PAGE link. I think that's the only way to get the points

^^ Thank you kindly! :)

N.B. I was able to claim her multiple times, btw. I first claimed Admiral Leeta (aww, Leeta used to be such a sweet girl! What happened to her, going to play pirate and all?!), but then decided I wanted 'softer', Dabo Leeta, after all.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    heavensrun wrote: »
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Did you buy through Steam, by any chance?

Dunno about the OP, but I did, and I'm feeling pretty annoyed ATM.

I really don't know why anyone buys zen through steam, I see so many reports of problems resulting from this.
    why not just use the sto web page or by clicking <buy zen> in game, it must save some hassle and at least if there is a problem you haven't got a third party to confuse the issue.

fair enough to use steam to launch sto if that's the way you want to go but buying zen through steam seems like more trouble then its worth.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    if you already HAVE admiral you won't be able to get her, it says so on one of the pages.

So those of us who got the Admiral Leeta boff from the Groupees promotion are now permanently locked out of the Dabo version?
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,746 Community Moderator
    So, is this Holo-Leeta different from the previous Holo-Leeta??
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    if you already HAVE admiral you won't be able to get her, it says so on one of the pages.
    So those of us who got the Admiral Leeta boff from the Groupees promotion are now permanently locked out of the Dabo version?
    No. It's apparently like the Vet Androids. If you have one version you can't have another at the same time. So to swap you must discharge the first.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • cvstoscvstos Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    How do you claim the Leeta bonus?
    First you go here to spend reward points: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/rewards

Then you look in the Z-store promotions tab.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing

Answering my own question: It would appear to be different in that I cannot change the appearance of the Groupees Holo-Leeta. She defaults to Mirror Leeta and doesn't give me an option to change her appearance.
    GrWzQke.png
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    How do the reward levels work? for $10 is it an R&D pack AND an orange tabby or just one? $20 doff AND fighter or just one?

you get the pack AND the cat.

I went through the sto website and it went w/o a hitch. Someone in Delta Command went through steam and it wasn't working for him, I wondered if maybe steam has a delay on it, like they confirm the payment then process, THEN tell pwi its good, and you can finally get your rewards? Frankly I just don't use steam for zen charges myself, too many horror stories have popped up.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    ...fair enough to use steam to launch sto if that's the way you want to go but buying zen through steam seems like more trouble then its worth.
    Because it is only 2 mouse clicks to buy through Steam. One to click "Buy Zen" on the Z-store page, a second one to confirm purchase. Done. Zen appears instantly. I tried to purchase through Arc once. Never again.
    redvenge wrote: »
    ...fair enough to use steam to launch sto if that's the way you want to go but buying zen through steam seems like more trouble then its worth.
    Because it is only 2 mouse clicks to buy through Steam. One to click "Buy Zen" on the Z-store page, a second one to confirm purchase. Done. Zen appears instantly. I tried to purchase through Arc once. Never again.
    It's not that hard. Sure it's a dozen or so clicks, but it's not hard.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    As I posted in another Thread, you cannot get the rewards from a Tier more than once. As I already had the Hestia, I was going to Claim a bunch of Tier 1 (R&D Packs). It will let you claim and eat up 1,000 Points all you want but will only award the Pack ONCE.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    No. It's apparently like the Vet Androids. If you have one version you can't have another at the same time. So to swap you must discharge the first.

Ahh, okay. That makes sense, kind of. Still doesn't explain why my Admiral Leeta C-Store item has a picture of both versions, but ah well. *shrug*
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    Why would anybody want the screechy mirror version when they could have the soft spoken dabo girl?

I used the links in this thread to first buy the zen then claim the rewards with no problems.

Answering my own question: It would appear to be different in that I cannot change the appearance of the Groupees Holo-Leeta. She defaults to Mirror Leeta and doesn't give me an option to change her appearance.

I never had a Leeta before, but I cannot change the appearance of this new one, either. Which is rather sad, as Dabo Leeta has the exact same face as Empress Leeta (who is decidedly much older).

Now I'm even wondering why I got her in the first place, as she has no SRO Trait, so I can't really use her anyway. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited November 2016
    Now I'm even wondering why I got her in the first place, as she has no SRO Trait, so I can't really use her anyway. :)

cause shes sexy? Or just give her a decent intel power for commander rank and plonk her on your away team.

or don't obsess with the min/max TRIBBLE of having to have SRO and just enjoy a rare as hell BOFF
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.

cause shes sexy? Or just give her a decent intel power for commander rank and plonk her on your away team.

or don't obsess with the min/max **** of having to have SRO and just enjoy a rare as hell BOFF

I'm not complaining. :) It's all good. With trainable boffs now (that can switch abilities at will), 95% of my maxed boff roster has become de facto obsolete as it is. So, having 1 Leeta there, just for good measure, doesn't hurt, really. And can always be used in role-play scenarios, where I may need her on the bridge.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    Ahh, okay. That makes sense, kind of. Still doesn't explain why my Admiral Leeta C-Store item has a picture of both versions, but ah well. *shrug*
    I think the pic was made before they decided how to make it unlock. It's always been like that, even before they announced that the dabo version would even be usable.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Just use Leeta on the Ground Team if SRO is important in Space.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I prefer mixing in superior Subterfuge (I think that's what it's called) because it boosts damage over crit I'm sure i read somewhere the SRO crit bonus caps
    sig.jpg
    I prefer mixing in superior Subterfuge (I think that's what it's called) because it boosts damage over crit I'm sure i read somewhere the SRO crit bonus caps

You probably read wrong. :) SRO doesn't cap. The extra dmg of Supior Subterfuge actually *does* come with diminishing returns.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »

I'm not convinced "two clicks" is a meaningful advantage over five to seven clicks if those two clicks DON'T WORK...

• goldenavarielgoldenavariel Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »

Says I've got 0 points. I have a receipt for buying zen in my email. I'm not sure why unless I bought it too soon. I got it Thursday morning just after they posted the announcement. Too early maybe?

I never had a Leeta before, but I cannot change the appearance of this new one, either. Which is rather sad, as Dabo Leeta has the exact same face as Empress Leeta (who is decidedly much older).

Wait. You're saying that the Holo-Leeta that you get from THIS promotion, the Black Friday Promotion, comes out of the box defaulted to Dabo Leeta in appearance??
    GrWzQke.png

Wait. You're saying that the Holo-Leeta that you get from THIS promotion, the Black Friday Promotion, comes out of the box defaulted to Dabo Leeta in appearance??

no, when you claim her it pops up an option box, just like the chioce of marks box for completeling borg red alert. you choose which Leeta
    sig.jpg

no, when you claim her it pops up an option box, just like the chioce of marks box for completeling borg red alert. you choose which Leeta

Did you get the previous Holo-Leeta (Mirror) BOFF from the Groupees Promotion? Or is this your first Holo-Leeta BOFF? @meimeitoo actually said this is her first and only Holo-Leeta and it doesn't give an option for appearance when opened.
    GrWzQke.png
This discussion has been closed.