test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Only open to residents of the United States."

124»

Comments

• oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    I was under the impression that politics was against forum rules. If so, this thread should've been locked long ago.

In any case, I suspect it has more to do with not wanting to keep an army of expensive lawyers on retainer, than any desire to TRIBBLE foreigners out of a contest. Cryptic has always been about making the most while spending the least. It's what keeps the lights on and developers fed.

Deal with it. It's life. Whining about "first world problems" doesn't get you anywhere.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    So let me get this straight. Someone not in the US buys the WhizKids Wave 27, it has the STO code, but Cryptic will not accept the code? I don't get that. A code is a code is a code. It should just be accepted period. It's not like we don't get stuff in the Promotions Tab for EVERYONE as it is.
    No the issue was that they did a giveaway for the wave 27 ships but only for US people.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rancidmojo#7824 rancidmojo Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    I was under the impression that politics was against forum rules. If so, this thread should've been locked long ago.

In any case, I suspect it has more to do with not wanting to keep an army of expensive lawyers on retainer, than any desire to **** foreigners out of a contest. Cryptic has always been about making the most while spending the least. It's what keeps the lights on and developers fed.

Deal with it. It's life. Whining about "first world problems" doesn't get you anywhere.

I'd agree. I can't think of any reason why any company would do that without a monetary or legal reason. I'd suggest looking into what that reason is before just blaming the US for it.

• wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    ^
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    My bad. Missed the link in the OP. I remember this now, I Retweeted something I had gotten in my Twitter program to have a chance to win Sovereign related stuff. Never read the Blog so never saw the standard stipulations that have always been part of these cross-Company giveaways.

So now I get it. This is about a very slim chance at being able to win one of five of those Sovereign Packs not being available to people not in the US and all the face slapping that Cryptic is always administering over that sort of stuff. Pretty soon there will be more pages to this Thread than Packs given away.

I didn't get to go to that Event where they gave away free Photonic TOS Enterprise Boffs. Where does Cryptic get off having stipulations like that?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Pretty soon there will be more pages to this Thread than Packs given away.

:) Truth!

Qapla!
  • narxes081206narxes081206 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Legal reasons, I suspect. Giveaways like that are subject to some pretty Byzantine legal restrictions in the US; very likely not Cryptic's fault at all.

This^