test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Here it comes - T6 Sovereign

Comments

• szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I think it's really cool that they're doing the tie in with the toys.

Helps throw business to another Star Trek business, and also it appears to be much cheaper than a c-store ship doesnt it?

Well, it depends. I would rather spend my fortune in Zen which I've been saving up to buy both T6 variants. Instead I now have to spend real money in order to complete my set. And frankly, I'm just not interested in Star Trek Attack Wing, at all.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    apparently she also wrecked the ship in an episode of TNG too, but as no one bothered to actually name the episode in question, i'm calling bull **** on that​​
    IIRC that was the episode where the ship got hit by a quantum filament. Technically she didn't wreck it, it was a random disaster unrelated to anything she did. memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Disaster_(episode)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    apparently she also wrecked the ship in an episode of TNG too, but as no one bothered to actually name the episode in question, i'm calling bull **** on that​​

*edit* hahaha @markhawkman beat me too it while distracted and looking up the Memory Alpha link :p
    Nope, completely true story: Season 5, Episode 5, "Disaster". Of course, *she* didn't wreck it, but was highest ranking officer after it happened...so maybe a bit BS lol
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    Well, it depends. I would rather spend my fortune in Zen which I've been saving up to buy both T6 variants. Instead I now have to spend real money in order to complete my set. And frankly, I'm just not interested in Star Trek Attack Wing, at all.

Then frankly they don't care if you get ANYTHING.

You're not the target audience. No big deal.

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
    stats wise, not impressed with this one. I think the Presidio is a superior ship. now a presidio with the sovvy skin.....
    Spock.jpg

• dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I think it's really cool that they're doing the tie in with the toys.

Helps throw business to another Star Trek business, and also it appears to be much cheaper than a c-store ship doesnt it?

Um, I'm with him ^^. Just checked Amazon and wondering how $60-70+S/H USD is cheaper than the C-store? What's the SRP supposed to be $30? That seems to be what alot of the other ones are going for.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    What you see from that reseller on Amazon is not the new version but the original.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    A shame how the c-store one is intel as I would prefer command, also yet another ship which requires a fleet version to be at its best oh well, at least the extra console slot is tactical.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    The console should have been a detachable pet captains yacht, perhaps with hull and shields healing abilities. Similar to the Aquarius on the Odyssey. That would be canon, however the captain can put his best pilot at the helm since obviously the captain cant be in it.

Oh beautiful, I like the way you think.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The console should have been a detachable pet captains yacht, perhaps with hull and shields healing abilities. Similar to the Aquarius on the Odyssey. That would be canon, however the captain can put his best pilot at the helm since obviously the captain cant be in it.

Probably would have been too close to both the Aquarius console AND the Aeroshuttle console from the T6 intrepid.
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I disagree...It should of been

Console - Universal - Betazoid at the helm Brace for impact

I still don't get the need to say Troi is a bad pilot. In Generations, it wasn't her fault because helm controls were knocked offline, meaning she didn't even have control at all. In Nemesis... she was acting under orders from Picard to ram the Scimitar.

Well the joke is that it was her first time at the helm in both situations.

The only thing that comes close is Disaster where she was the senior officer on the bridge after the scheduled Duty Officer (The Officer of the Deck) was killed. But it really doesn't count.
    nikeix wrote: »

Then frankly they don't care if you get ANYTHING.

You're not the target audience. No big deal.

The players of this game aren't the target audience for purchasing a ship of this game???

tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    Cryptic seriously, the stats section of the blog stills says it's an intel seat on the wizkids ship instead of a Commander seat, when you have commander seat in the paragraph immediately above it?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    ltminns wrote: »
    What you see from that reseller on Amazon is not the new version but the original.

Good, then what's the retail price for the new one?

captaind3 wrote: »
    Cryptic seriously, the stats section of the blog stills says it's an intel seat on the wizkids ship instead of a Commander seat, when you have commander seat in the paragraph immediately above it?

Hard to find good help these days...
    edited November 2016
    captaind3 wrote: »
    The players of this game aren't the target audience for purchasing a ship of this game???

Nope. Shelve the "I'm a customer so I must be the center of the universe" for a second. Cuz you're not. Current players are almost always the LEAST important audience to serve. Not every ship is aimed at every player, and a cooperative venture with another company is going to be shaped to help BOTH parties. This is an introductory product -- in both directions. If you already play STO and want no part of the other game and never will, you're not the target audience for this ship. If getting to a store or figuring out how to buy Attack Wing figures on-line is too hard, you're not the target audience for this ship. And if you only use play money and refuse to kick in $15 bucks for a T5 ship that comes with a nice little shelf knick-knack, you're not the target audience for this ship.

That's why it has twin sibling coming to the zeni-store: so they can still sell the time and effort that went into cleaning up the model to customers like you who are already invested.

• ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    At $59.95 yeah they can keep it. That is the price at the only retailer that is less then 75 miles of me. Buy an expansion for a game I will never play just for the code at that price sure I will...
    alphahydri wrote: »
    Well, it seems they've taken down the page for the ship. Maybe it wasn't supposed to come out 'til tomorrow? Or next week possibly, since the 22nd is the 20th anniversary of Star Trek: First Contact?

Interestingly, the announcement on STO's official Twitter is still up, with a link that now leads to nowhere...

Attack Wings web site is up and it is listed just use thier find a retailer. I went to it by the link in the news for STO.
    gaevsman wrote: »
    First response: Yay, finally a T6 sovvie!
    Second response: Cool, looks modern and sleek and--
    Third response: WHAT THE HECK WHY DO THE NACELLES HAVE CANCER?!
    Fourth response: Attack wing exclusive?! No!

I was looking forward to this, but I think I'll pass. Mostly because of that last point--I'm not going to buy a toy to get this ship after saving up zen for it.

The command version.. yes... Wizkinds, but i found it online for 16 dollars.. the Intel, soon on the C-Store near you!!
    I think you found the one without the code. The one with the code is 59.95 at least at the only seller anywhere near me.
    edited November 2016
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    gaevsman wrote: »
    The command version.. yes... Wizkinds, but i found it online for 16 dollars.. the Intel, soon on the C-Store near you!!
    I think you found the one without the code. The one with the code is 59.95 at least at the only seller anywhere near me.
    So where's that $30 "savings" compared to the other packs?? Aren't they usually $15-30? Sad...truth in marketing would have had it as: "Get an Exclusive STO version for an additional $45!!"

• nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I waited so long for it I began collecting something else. I don't really need another ship, and I definetly don't need to spend all of my dil to buy 2 more for the full 3 set. I already own Star Fleet Battles, and have no need for Attack wing, especially in light of the gift I received which compelled me to begin collecting the other thing I've got now...this:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/star-wars-armada/

Some will cry blasphemy, but I see diversity as a good thing.
    nikeix wrote: »

Keyword: suggested. We'll see...

edited November 2016
    Oh for ****'s sake. What is the goddam HYSTERIA surrounding this?

Its 15 ****ing dollars, and if you find a bozo seller who thinks they're getting more, buy it from any of the 200 others who will be happy to take your money without jerking your chain.

Look, I know critical thinking is hard, but what is WRONG WITH YOU? Do you want it to be more expensive? Is there a reason you're listening to the guy who pulled a random number out of his butt after utterly failing to type in basic keywords like "Wave 27" when looking for the price over someone who thoughtfully linked you a news story on the correct item?

I'm getting mine for $15. I have no idea what you're gonna pay. It's kind of frightening to even contemplate.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Heads are up the rear end on this page. I bought mine a month ago preorder for $9.99, $13 and some change out the door. I just checked the website i ordered from and theh are sold out with the availability date of the 16th.
  • fodda82#9013 fodda82 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Am I correct in thinking this is PC code only and not for PS/Xbox consoles?
    200.gif#900
    Admiral Butler - U.S.S. Caitlin - NCC 90306 D - Fleet: Weekend Warriors
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Did I miss something? Are people really THAT impatient that they can't wait just a little longer for the (likely superior) Intel version?

Erm - no, sorry - you don't HAVE to.....

Not true. If he doesnt do it, they'll go to his house and it will not go well for him.

Fear the wrath of the Angry Attack Wing Player mob!
    :D

What are they going to do with us, poke us with their minatures? :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg