test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

constant disconnects

2»

Comments

• hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    still no luck - for about 24 hours now I have not been able to log in - except once today, checked a mail I had received, got 3 "Server not respronding" Messages before I had finished reading the mail, then tried to do a Crystal Event Queue and got 3 - up to 60 second - Long "Server not responding" after accepting the Mission and never made it into space.
    I am also from Europe.
    I hope they'll add a few days to the Event - I really enjoy the Mission and use it to grind out marks that are otherwise not as easily to get (having 18 toons I really have to farm when I can...)
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • adshadowadshadow Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    im on VM one thing i have noticed if i try to use any of my main toons i get constant lag and disconnects but if i go on to my new toon that i made last week i can play the game fine so, it aint just a problem with VM thats causing this
  • dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Download Winmtr and run it. That will give you an idea of which server is causing the issue enroute to the blizzard server. I tried the US, UE and none as the proxy servers. And while the EU one went from the US to what looks like Amsterdam in 23 hops I was still fine. If in EU might I suggest trying the EU proxy server as it may work better. With me being in the US I do swap from None to US proxy servers when I get some rubberbanding.

I've not personally experienced any issues today and that includes when using the EU proxy server. Note i did not try CE. I'm in Ogden, Utah, USA and the highest latency I got using the EU proxy server was at ae-8.r02.londen03.uk.bb.gin.ntt.net with 218ms with an average of 182ms. Using the US proxy and no proxy server was about the same. Worse was at border11.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn.pnap.net (proxy) and border11.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn.pnap.net (no proxy) both with 339ms with an average of 89ms. This is common for all games as Boston, MA. has been terrible for years now for gaming. Typically when I run winmtr for an extended period of time and have an issue in game, latency will got up to 3000ms at the Boston servers.

That's not to say there isn't an issue at the game server. Especially as regards the CE event. Just saying to test a few things out and suggesting you try the proxy servers. And as a quick note, the US proxy server appears to be slightly better for me today. Especially if I check latency via task manager and also in game using /netgraph 1

And zaichal, yes Cogentco is notorious for being extremely crappy for gaming. I think they use shaping and slow down traffic typically when it's busy. The result is gamers getting screwed over.

I had to quit playing 2 other games because I was routed thru cogentco servers and I got pissed off 1 too many times. I did use wtfast during the 30 day trial which routed me another direction so I wasn't going thru a cogentco server and everything was fine. But my choice was to pay to use that service or quit playing 2 games. I chose to quit those 2 games. Luckily playing STO isn't like doing PvP in an MMO or getting out of the fire during an mmo raid. Up to 3 second lags is unplayable. At least in this game if it happens you typically just continue on without issue. Except for when you DC that is. But for me this is fairly rare.

Post edited by dragonsbite on
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    soo if your on a Console without a pc. Sto has become unplayable..
  • odoetalodoetal Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    update for those haveing difficultys after a discussion with the fleet im in (ty fleet for helping) the only fix i found was to change my proxy server ( for those that dont know its in the settings where you can select safe mode change and test your prox for best effects personally im useing eu after several tests *admittedly i was on steam as i had more issue with arc doing the same tests) this may point to an issue with arc connecting to the usa servers from the uk hope this helps someone )

either way it highlights the issue with time bound event rewards that are not account wide you may be able to grind on 1 but any more than that your done in the event of errors such as this
  • hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    soo if your on a Console without a pc. Sto has become unplayable..

I am having the probs on the PC - essentially haven't been able to log on for 36+ hours. With the exception of 3 short in games without being able to do anything due to "Server not responding"

18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • wasago02wasago02 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    So im mising event revards on console cus cant connect thx much arc.
  • lilgoth89lilgoth89 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    yeah i have been unable to log in and get anything meaningful done, half the time i cant log in, the other times i cant stay logged in long enough to accomplish anything useful, pretty much 2 full days missed for the event :(
  • rooster241rooster241 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    been having this problem for a while now, really pisses me off :-(
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Just to clarify, if you're having connection issues on console, that's a completely separate issue from connectivity on PC and should be in a new thread. They aren't the same servers.

As for PC players having issues, it might help them track down the issue if people posted some trace-route data.
    1xe027q.png
  • umeki#3129 umeki Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Looks like I'm not the only one having issues, then...I got randomly DC'ed last night and haven't been able to relog since. It gets to the STO loading screen and freezes.
    It's been happening for a long time now, constant snrs
    Makes me want to quit the game