test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Galor - Keldon Model

bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
edited October 2016 in The Art of Star Trek Online
So we got a new Galor and Keldon model, and that's great but why did it had to get the wrongly shaped wide main Disruptor Array again.

It's like the new model is based on the original STO release instead of original model.

Original Model:

caretaker_0037.jpg

CGI Model:

galor-cgi-views.jpg

New STO Model:

RTH2wPo.jpg

Bridger.png
Post edited by bridgern on

Comments

• Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    All I can say is that the first two pictures have pretty ugly ships in them.

The last one looks ok.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I'd suggest finding a better picture for the CG model because the weapons fire is obscuring the part you want us to compare.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Updated the picture of the CGI model.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    I think I see what you're saying; the TNG/DS9 models have what seems to be a equallateral square deflector whereas the STO model seems to have a horizonally rectangular deflector. The STO model also appears to lack the dividing lines on each side, having a single panel on each side rather than the TNG/DS9 model's two panels...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    Indeed, at least it is better than the original Galor release

cgc.jpg

but they did fixed it a long time ago

sto-galor-title.png

so I don't get it why they screwed it up again.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    bridgern wrote: »

cgc.jpg

sto-galor-title.png

It should be pretty obvious. When you are trying to copy an already existing design, every alteration is considered to be an error. They didn't look at the Galaxy class and thought " I don't like the engineering section. It's disproportionally small. Let's just make it bigger."

You can debate whether or not the new model looks better than the model from the series. But you can NOT debate wheter or not it's an exact reproduction.
  • Options
    szim wrote: »

cgc.jpg

sto-galor-title.png

It should be pretty obvious. When you are trying to copy an already existing design, every alteration is considered to be an error. They didn't look at the Galaxy class and thought " I don't like the engineering section. It's disproportionally small. Let's just make it bigger."

You can debate whether or not the new model looks better than the model from the series. But you can NOT debate wheter or not it's an exact reproduction.

I might miss understand you, but my point is they updated the model of the Galor, and screwed up a part that was fixed a long time ago with the new model.

Bridger.png
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I don't get it.
  • Options
    Maybe this will explain it better:

SND9oHh.png
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    Honestly, what bugs me more than anything else is more the shininess of most of the hulls lately; they end up looking like plastic. Otherwise, is that deflector on the new Keldon-class skin, or on an updated version of the Galor-class skin usable on the Keldon?
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    The Galor and Keldon Class skins were updated both have now the wrong forward weapons array. You can use the Galor skin on the new T6 Keldon but you can't use the Keldon skin on the old T5 Galor.
    Bridger.png
  • Options

SND9oHh.png

The texture is a bit different, I don't see why that's such a big deal.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    warpangel wrote: »

SND9oHh.png

Because it's something that was fixed on the original T5 Galor and was broken again with this revamp of the model.

7bOXCbN.jpg

Bridger.png
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User

SND9oHh.png

Its not the texture... its the physical shape of the weapons array. The new one is more rectangular than square.
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options

SND9oHh.png

Its not the texture... its the physical shape of the weapons array. The new one is more rectangular than square.

If we're on physical shapes, the saucer's shape and size difference is much more noticeable than the glowy bit. At least, in that front view comparison pic.
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User

SND9oHh.png

If we're on physical shapes, the saucer's shape and size difference is much more noticeable than the glowy bit. At least, in that front view comparison pic.

Literally is not.
    7NGGeUP.png