test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(Xbox one) Earth spacedock broken

Comments

• jzhnutzjzhnutz Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    why is world of tanks allowed one then?

Good question - of course, it might simply be an issue of having a test server where only those who have purchased the game can play. Honestly, right now, STO's live servers feel like a test server. It's not like we didn't have issues before maintenance: Account bank crashing the game, camera view, Na'Khul red alert, fleet roster/rank issues, etc. Now everything just went to hell with yesterday's maintenance. I really loved this game on PC when I played a few years back, but I've always been a console gamer. it's not like there aren't people playing on both PS4 and Xbox - plenty of instances are full, and I know people have spent a lot of money already - I'm at around $150 so far myself. PW's release of Neverwinter had issues, but nothing like this. Their support department also did a lot better job keeping everyone informed and acknowledging there were issues, unlike what has happned here. Like I posted on Reddit - one tweet, 19 hours ago, one forum comment, 19 hours ago, one reddit comment... again, 19 hours ago. I understand it is free to play, but I also know a lot of people who are playing have spent some money on this game. I understand games have bugs, but publishers and developers should be reassuring their player base, not seemingly brushing them off and leaving them be. I don't pretend to know what the problem is - and maybe Cryptic doesn't know either - but letting us know that, or giving us an idea of what is going on would go a long way to reassuring us that they care about us, the players, and not just making money. Console players can be a fickle group - a lot more then PC, and if they are not careful, they run the risk of losing a lot of the player base they have right now, which in the end could TRIBBLE those of us who want this game to be here and to succeed - those of us willing to invest in the game itself with real money and time.
    jpg.png?ssl=1&w=900

just for the proof on one tweet
  • bloodenragedbloodenraged Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    one tweet in 19 hours on multiple gamebreaking bugs is hardly what i call acceptable communication
  • hellcatx805#4438 hellcatx805 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    And that one tweet was them trying to be cute and clever. They need to get a clue and get their **** together.
    And that one tweet was them trying to be cute and clever. They need to get a clue and get their **** together.

and seriously, they have found coding in string theory, i think we can dispense with all the cutsey roleplaying and just say there is a bug in reality
    one tweet in 19 hours on multiple gamebreaking bugs is hardly what i call acceptable communication

and seriously, they have found coding in string theory, i think we can dispense with all the cutsey roleplaying and just say there is a bug in reality

Agreed
  • symbobsymbob Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    So many bugs in this game. It makes it unplayable. Having major problems on new romulus with the warehouse mission using my fed toon. Cannot even progress. Cannot find a way to report any bugs on the console version either
    symbob wrote: »
    So many bugs in this game. It makes it unplayable. Having major problems on new romulus with the warehouse mission using my fed toon. Cannot even progress. Cannot find a way to report any bugs on the console version either

you have to submit a ticket through the support section of this website
  • sgtbandit#0971 sgtbandit Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Sound like fun for us all. Thankfully my account bank works fine and i can beam to the academy but not much else. The list of i cant do is redardedly long ...
    Transwarp - no where
    Any starbase - no
    Klingon episodes on 2nd character - nope
    Change ships - nope
    Slipstream - not at present
    Upgrading equipment - nope
    Exchange - youre joking right?
    Fleet anything
    Pve - crystal cataclysm only
    Pvp - again a big fat no
  • rogue6800rogue6800 Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    PvP stopped existing years ago
    Sound like fun for us all. Thankfully my account bank works fine and i can beam to the academy but not much else. The list of i cant do is redardedly long ...
    Transwarp - no where
    Any starbase - no
    Klingon episodes on 2nd character - nope
    Change ships - nope
    Slipstream - not at present
    Upgrading equipment - nope
    Exchange - youre joking right?
    Fleet anything
    Pve - crystal cataclysm only
    Pvp - again a big fat no

I was able to change ships... then got kicked back to space shortly after. Once I was able to get back into ESD, I got right back into my main ship haha. We were able to do all PvE queues, but I think that is more of an issue of how many people are actually queueing for it versus them not working.
    rogue6800 wrote: »

On console, it is pretty active still... granted, we are only a month old.

• stickystickstickystick Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    jzhnutz wrote: »
    rogue6800 wrote: »

On console, it is pretty active still... granted, we are only a month old.

Funny. Every time i enter a PVP match, people start leaving :(
    Honestly, I've only ran it twice :)
    directly chatting with them didnt help, they refused to speak about the issues at hand
  • humanerrol#8272 humanerrol Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Still no update on fix progress? The fact that Lockboxes are changing to faction specific Kelvin timeline boxes tomorrow seems like too big of a coincidence, seeing as how many of the bugs seem to be faction related. Whenever I get zapped back out of Earth Spacedock my transporter animation is either that of Klingon or Romulans. Anybody else getting this?

Still no update on fix progress? The fact that Lockboxes are changing to faction specific Kelvin timeline boxes tomorrow seems like too big of a coincidence, seeing as how many of the bugs seem to be faction related. Whenever I get zapped back out of Earth Spacedock my transporter animation is either that of Klingon or Romulans. Anybody else getting this?

im getting romulan sometimes i think
    Yes they said on Twitter that there is a problem with their patch servers and that their engineers are now investigating but no ETA on a fix.
    they just said due to the problem, Fed captians were reconized as KDF, and vice versa, that might account for the problems beaming in
    they just said due to the problem, Fed captians were reconized as KDF, and vice versa, that might account for the problems beaming in
    That sounds logical. And now we wait, I guess.
    yeah, seems they could have made that determination yesterday, instead of letting the playerbase seeth in rightous anger for an entire day with a broken as #%^& game
  • d0nomegad0nomega Member Posts: 202 Arc User

Took them long enough. I figured that out the moment it showed my fed character use the Klingon "beam out" graphics while being forcefully beamed out of ESD lol

That would likely explain the problems with the missions as well
    The thing that gets me is that yesterday before maintenance they said "no new patch notes" and now the problem is likely because of a patch. Maybe they think us console folk less savvy but with better communication in the first place, maybe we could help identify or eliminate possible reasons for bugs.
    The thing that gets me is that yesterday before maintenance they said "no new patch notes" and now the problem is likely because of a patch. Maybe they think us console folk less savvy but with better communication in the first place, maybe we could help identify or eliminate possible reasons for bugs.

agreed
  • gandy1980gandy1980 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I solved this issue by updating my Xbox one Microsoft had released a update that hadn't come down automatically
  • deathbykarmadeathbykarma Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    null
    Xbox update has nothing to do with this lol
  • zeroenyazeroenya Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Just got on earth space dock i accepted mission for borg advance arc "report on borg activites" and it let me in
  • dev1lr3aper#6432 dev1lr3aper Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am just curious, but has this issue been fixed,, I deleted characters and the game thinking, that it was an issue on my end,, now i start over, and cant get into ESD to start Charaacter, Or atleast any type of ETA for the fix? and news would be great
  • bigbadnonjabigbadnonja Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue on Xbox One this morning, and I've been having it since yesterday.

I'm either not able to dock with Earth Spacedock at all, or if I do get the option, it beams me to the teleporter pad and then immediately beams me out before I'm able to take any action.

Today:

Stuck at the end of the Mindscape mission set. Can't leave the NW Passage, stuck there with the USS Voyager.

After aborting that mission, I get the option to continue the same mission I just aborted. Hitting A, and accepting puts me back in the closed, no exit NW Passage. Instance change does nothing, abort doesn't abort, but it does get me out of the closed area.

Can't enter ANY instance if any kind > No events, No queues, No Incursions, No solar systems, No Earth Spacedock, no transwarp to Alpha quad, zip zilch NADA.

This all better be fixed with the maintenance patch !

Rico