test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 6 Constitution

Comments

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    talien wrote: »
    Given how rare it is to see one of these, I'm wondering if there isn't a lot of hoarding of unopened boxes. Maybe they're hoping for even larger prices down the road. Maybe they've ran of out people willing to pay insane amounts, but yet refuse to lower their price. Or maybe it's hoarding for spites sake, and maybe they'll sell or use them down the road.

I can almost guarantee you this is a big part of it, because I know a few people who are doing it.

It's almost certain that some people are doing it.
    The problem is I see less people buying all the time, like I mentioned in another thread most people who want it and can afford the 1b+ price tag already have it, most who want one and couldn't get one when an 800m price was slightly common can't afford to spend that much on one thing and likely never will be able to.

And then there's the people like me who could afford it but have a set limit on how much they'll spend to get one because it's not a "must have" due to nostalgia or feelz or whatever, people can ask 1b+ 'till they're blue in the face but it won't get me to spend that much.

Yes, and the sellers are refusing to admit they no longer have a market for the 1b+ people and are refusing to come off their price. Instead their hoarding them and awaiting some other day in the future when they think a bunch of those people are suddenly going to appear.

I wonder if people brought the ship to hoard, and attempt to resell at a profit down the line?

Myself, while I have a Connie for my main (pure lottery win)- I'd buy three more (one for my wife, a D7 and warbird for my alts), maybe four (another Connie for an Alt). But at these prices, whoever has them can keep them. The wife is happy with her TOS skinned Temporal Battlecruiser, and the alts aren't worth that type of expense. Heck, I don't have that much time to play them anyway.
    The price is what it is right now. It is that way because the buyers set the price. Buyers ALWAYS set the price because ultimately they are the ones that choose when to buy. The most reasonable selling offers that I see are 1.1 Billion. The typical Buying offer that I see is 1 Billion. That price will go up after the promo ends as the availability for the ship will begin to dwindle. If a second promo of this type occurs, expect a large price drop as it will give us the certainty that this is not a one or even two time promo. It will happen repeatedly like the Bugship. However, if say a year and a half goes by and we never see another promo, expect this ship pack to shatter the current "insane" price that the Bulwark is at.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    hartzilla wrote: »
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Honestly you don't really need the TOS Connie, yes the aesthetic is amazing, but I've killed 10 separate people who were flying the TOS Connie with my JJ Connie. In my opinion, the TOS Conjie is superior in looks, JJ Conjie is Superior in everything else :p

Yes it died really well in Beyond better then the REAL Enterprise did was the most satisfying death of a starship ever. You should have been there opening night in my city every cheered in the hteater when that ugly POS got destroyed.

And yet it seems to show up more in game than TOS Connies.

^^^ THIS is quite possibly the greatest thing I have ever seen on the STO Forums.

Why, not too long ago we all came here and were oppressed in our desire for a T6 Constitution class ship. We could barely talk about it and when we did we were met with all kinds of hostility about dead horses, and what cryptic or cbs may have said.

And now, in our bold new post-AoY era, we have come together like never before! And in true Internet Community fashion we have now crossed the event horizon and begun our journey down a path of new Forum greatness: Arguments about WHICH T6 CONNIE IS BETTER!

It chokes me up and brings a tear to my eye to know that I now live in a virtual STO world where the next generation of players and posters can troll/debate/argue/report each other over this hot topic of which endgame ship we used to think we'd NEVER get is the better of the TWO endgame ships we were assured we'd never get!

I'd say may the best debater win, but truly I feel that no matter how this debate goes, we ALL have won a little something special this day. We've gone from a world where they said NO, we'd never ever get this ship, to a world where we can now insult and argue with each other over which of the TWO options we have are better!

It's been a long road
    Getting from there to here >:)

Let the Star Trek Trek Wars 4 the final Trekining begin
    GwaoHAD.png
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    vampeiyre wrote: »
    I see a minimum of one TOS Connie a day outside ESD at log-in, and I'm not even looking for them. The supply is in line with a promotion like this. Anyone trying to sell them for almost double market cap is high as a kite and will not see a return on their investment. If they wish to continue fooling themselves and not make any profit, fine by me. One has a constitutional right to be a fool.

fDgPwI5.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    TRIBBLE what the buyer wants to pay, I will sit on mine and let them devalue then give some cheapskate a deal on it. I already unpacked one on my main and drydocked, just opened it for the card.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    Given how rare it is to see one of these, I'm wondering if there isn't a lot of hoarding of unopened boxes. Maybe they're hoping for even larger prices down the road. Maybe they've ran of out people willing to pay insane amounts, but yet refuse to lower their price. Or maybe it's hoarding for spites sake, and maybe they'll sell or use them down the road.

I can almost guarantee you this is a big part of it, because I know a few people who are doing it.

The problem is I see less people buying all the time, like I mentioned in another thread most people who want it and can afford the 1b+ price tag already have it, most who want one and couldn't get one when an 800m price was slightly common can't afford to spend that much on one thing and likely never will be able to.

And then there's the people like me who could afford it but have a set limit on how much they'll spend to get one because it's not a "must have" due to nostalgia or feelz or whatever, people can ask 1b+ 'till they're blue in the face but it won't get me to spend that much.

Yes, and the sellers are refusing to admit they no longer have a market for the 1b+ people and are refusing to come off their price. Instead their hoarding them and awaiting some other day in the future when they think a bunch of those people are suddenly going to appear.

I wonder if people brought the ship to hoard, and attempt to resell at a profit down the line?

Myself, while I have a Connie for my main (pure lottery win)- I'd buy three more (one for my wife, a D7 and warbird for my alts), maybe four (another Connie for an Alt). But at these prices, whoever has them can keep them. The wife is happy with her TOS skinned Temporal Battlecruiser, and the alts aren't worth that type of expense. Heck, I don't have that much time to play them anyway.
    The price is what it is right now. It is that way because the buyers set the price. Buyers ALWAYS set the price because ultimately they are the ones that choose when to buy. The most reasonable selling offers that I see are 1.1 Billion. The typical Buying offer that I see is 1 Billion. That price will go up after the promo ends as the availability for the ship will begin to dwindle. If a second promo of this type occurs, expect a large price drop as it will give us the certainty that this is not a one or even two time promo. It will happen repeatedly like the Bugship. However, if say a year and a half goes by and we never see another promo, expect this ship pack to shatter the current "insane" price that the Bulwark is at.

That's not entirely true, there are many people who want to buy one but have given up because their price point is around the 800m mark or less, it's either all they've managed to save up or all they're willing to spend, and there are few people who will sell for that price because most sellers want 1b+. You don't usually see people offering less than what the majority of sellers want now because the general response is getting laughed at, ridiculed, harassed, or otherwise insulted for "lowballing".

To compound that, sellers who would be willing to deal at that price are usually bought out by someone who wants to resell it. I know a few people who just sit in game and whisper people who win a 23c ship pack offering to buy for 700-800m, if the person sells to them they turn around and offer it for 900-950m in ESD or various chat channels, and are in turn often bought out by someone else who wants to resell for 1b+.
    valoreah wrote: »
    ^ What is that?

when someone makes a really good post, I put that up
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited September 2016

That's not entirely true, there are many people who want to buy one but have given up because their price point is around the 800m mark or less, it's either all they've managed to save up or all they're willing to spend, and there are few people who will sell for that price because most sellers want 1b+. You don't usually see people offering less than what the majority of sellers want now because the general response is getting laughed at, ridiculed, harassed, or otherwise insulted for "lowballing".

To compound that, sellers who would be willing to deal at that price are usually bought out by someone who wants to resell it. I know a few people who just sit in game and whisper people who win a 23c ship pack offering to buy for 700-800m, if the person sells to them they turn around and offer it for 900-950m in ESD or various chat channels, and are in turn often bought out by someone else who wants to resell for 1b+.

All that is true.

Sellers have far more control than people think. In real life, there are serious costs to holding onto inventory to maintain high prices. In an MMO like this, the price for doing so is significantly less. Basically just opportunity cost and even that is greatly reduced because the release of new products is at a slower pace than the real world.
    edited September 2016

duplicate post

Ok, but what is it?

What do ya mean?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Ok, but what is it?
    It's a Starfleet Officer with a Cookie and a Galaxy-X in the background. I think @smokebailey uses it whenever someone actually makes a post that is actually really good. For me, I just say; "You win a medal" whenever someone finds something worthy of such a response, or makes a good post. So yeah...
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
    Ok, but what is it?
    It's a Starfleet Officer with a Cookie and a Galaxy-X in the background. I think @smokebailey uses it whenever someone actually makes a post that is actually really good. For me, I just say; "You win a medal" whenever someone finds something worthy of such a response, or makes a good post. So yeah...

Yeppers B)

fDgPwI5.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User
    Ok, but what is it?

Yeppers B)

fDgPwI5.jpg

Aw, thanks! :smile:
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited September 2016

That's pretty close to how the exchange works too. You want to move your item fast? Put it up at a lower price. Someone then sees the differential, buys up what's there at the lower price, reposts at the higher price and sweeps up the profits. Until the max price the market will bear is hit.

So apparently this ship even though it's having to go through private messages and channels, is doing a-OK in terms of its value and its economic viability in the STO economy.

Good to know!

ALSO: Your business model there perfectly details to people exactly how they can acquire the ship for less than 1 billion EC. So now people know. Huzzah!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    ^ What is that?

It's very distracting Bailey. I keep staring at them cookie(s). ahem...

Does anyone else find it odd that you'll always hear people suggest, "Oh, no big deal, just buy it for EC"
    (While it is the best way to get a promo/lockbox ship for normal players who don't want to gamble) I can't help but feel this type of promo facilitates 3rd party gold seller operations.
    Think about it, Regular Players (who are not space rich) are being encouraged to drop RL $ on vast amounts of Keys and Promo packs, which are then being dumped on the exchange all at once (well - within a couple weeks - basically flooding the market)... Causing the supply to spike; More supply = declining EC value as sellers of these items (normal players) just want to get their EC's as fast as possible, and so keep under cutting each other.
    I estimate its a gold farmers dream scenario, turning virtual currencies into RL money on the back end.

Eh, I suppose if it stimulates the economy by getting regular players to drop RL cash on Keys/Promo packs, I suppose we can all turn a blind eye if it keeps the game going..... Or can we ?
    I still get at least several Gold Seller emails in game every time I turn the game on.
    They must be making a profit. And guess what they primarily sell ? That's right, Keys. Subject lines for those emails are usually something like this; Massive Key Sale Now ! 20% off !
    Then conveniently, you can also buy any ship from them your heart could desire...for guess what... cold hard RL cash.
    Seems like its a good racket.

Just food for thought.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg

Looks like the cover for an erotica Trek slashfic to me. No offense meant.

non taken, in fact, I take it as a compliment. :D
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    ^ What is that?

Does anyone else find it odd that you'll always hear people suggest, "Oh, no big deal, just buy it for EC"
    (While it is the best way to get a promo/lockbox ship for normal players who don't want to gamble) I can't help but feel this type of promo facilitates 3rd party gold seller operations.
    Think about it, Regular Players (who are not space rich) are being encouraged to drop RL $ on vast amounts of Keys and Promo packs, which are then being dumped on the exchange all at once (well - within a couple weeks - basically flooding the market)... Causing the supply to spike; More supply = declining EC value as sellers of these items (normal players) just want to get their EC's as fast as possible, and so keep under cutting each other.
    I estimate its a gold farmers dream scenario, turning virtual currencies into RL money on the back end.

Eh, I suppose if it stimulates the economy by getting regular players to drop RL cash on Keys/Promo packs, I suppose we can all turn a blind eye if it keeps the game going..... Or can we ?
    I still get at least several Gold Seller emails in game every time I turn the game on.
    They must be making a profit. And guess what they primarily sell ? That's right, Keys. Subject lines for those emails are usually something like this; Massive Key Sale Now ! 20% off !
    Then conveniently, you can also buy any ship from them your heart could desire...for guess what... cold hard RL cash.

Just food for thought.

But it's safer, easier and in the case of this ship cheaper to just spend RL cash for Zen directly from Cryptic. The third party operations are weaker in Cryptic games because of how Crytpic took control of the RL cash for in-game stuff market and made it their own.

You'll never get banned spending your money on zen through cryptic. You'll never get scammed by Cryptic. If you face any problems with the transaction you can go to Cryptic for support to sort it out. And with the zen - dil - ec economy that exists, it's really just baked into the process right now.

There's no need for third party sellers in a cryptic game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • apedilbertapedilbert Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    I think PWE should figure out how to integrate the Steam Marketplace into the game; let people put their lockbox ships up for sale and skim money off the secondary market.
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    ^ What is that?

Just food for thought.

But it's safer, easier and in the case of this ship cheaper to just spend RL cash for Zen directly from Cryptic. The third party operations are weaker in Cryptic games because of how Crytpic took control of the RL cash for in-game stuff market and made it their own.

You'll never get banned spending your money on zen through cryptic. You'll never get scammed by Cryptic. If you face any problems with the transaction you can go to Cryptic for support to sort it out. And with the zen - dil - ec economy that exists, it's really just baked into the process right now.

Someone posted in one of the t6 connie meltdown threads that gold sellers were asking like 200 bucks for the tos ships.

They're almost half as cheap if you just buy zen and the items for ec on the exchange.

8000% correct. It boggles the mind that so many people gamble, rather than sell keys/promo packs and buy what they want off the exchange from those who open the boxes for lobi farming and/or gambling addiction. Anyone opening boxes with the specific intent to win a ship is committing seppuku.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    $200? The spam in my mail was saying $195. They must have offered me a discount because they know I am, "young and hansom".
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• bjornborgiabjornborgia Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    So I'll admit that I'm a bit miffed that they put the T6 Temporal Light Cruiser in a lockbox instead of making it a purchasable ship. I would buy a bundle of all the Constitution if it was available but it seems lately all the good ships are being put in lockboxes and I honestly don't like gambling, which is what opening those things are.

Anyone know if there are any plans for a T6 Constitution that we can actually BUY?

Sorry, but I don't think so. You can always save up 1.2B EC for it though!
    l0HlK6uahbCkw285W.gif
    Hab SoSlI' Quch!
    edited September 2016
    ^ What is that?

Just food for thought.

Someone posted in one of the t6 connie meltdown threads that gold sellers were asking like 200 bucks for the tos ships.

They're almost half as cheap if you just buy zen and the items for ec on the exchange.

Hmm, keys for around 5 million EC right? And they cost what, a buck apiece on sale. So that's about $200.

Better return on Promo boxes, but soon you won't be able to buy those. Even so, at 15 million EC which was the price when I last checked (it was a while ago), at $2.50 each- that's still $166 and far from "almost half as cheap".

And all that assumes a $1b sale price, and it's been well above that for a while now.

Note: none of this should be seen as me approving of these third party sites. I don't. But we shouldn't be under estimating the actual cost in real money to get one of these of that's the route everyone keeps suggesting people take.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    ^ What is that?

Just food for thought.

Yeah I was just looking at a few emails last night; like 190$ USD for the T6 Connie.
    Pretty sure that's what they were asking.

FYI, I would never risk my account on something like this @snoggymack22 . But I keep getting the emails, like one or two new emails per day. So it just makes me wonder if these sites actually make money.. I just find the topic interesting. I wouldn't condone using any these sites.
    :P
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    People don't believe me when I tell them this, but someone sold one to me for one million EC, because they didn't believe in overcharging people.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You Drydocked your T6 TOS Constitution after getting the Admiralty Card? At the time you said in a other Thread that you deleted it. So were you just trolling then?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns