1235»

Comments

• Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    I'm just hear for the Fine Whine
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10153362-star-trek-online-50th-anniversary-giveaway

Excellent! Thanks Cryptic.

I've already got the set, but it's great that you guys acknowledged the anniversary!

I apologize for jumping all over you guys.

^this
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    It's good to see the anniversary did not go unnoticed by the devs.
    I have seen a "Black Friday" sale mentioned elsewhere, i wonder if that will materialize.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    It's good to see the anniversary did not go unnoticed by the devs.
    I have seen a "Black Friday" sale mentioned elsewhere, i wonder if that will materialize.
    That happens the day after US Thanksgiving Day, which is the fourth Thursday in November. "Black Friday" arose from an urban legend about this being the worst shopping day of the year; said urban legend has now become true, mostly due to store chains scheduling bizarre opening hours and incredibly deceptive loss-leader "sales" on that day.

It's now become a tradition for a number of online retailers to have their own "Black Friday" sales, as well as "Cyber Monday" (which originated when high-speed Internet was less common in homes, and many office workers would do their online shopping when they returned to work on Monday).​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Thank you for the nice gesture Cryptic. I already have the pack but the thought whats count tiger-2.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Thanks for the giveaway. Late breaking or not, it's a very good choice - I expect it's something a lot of people would like but not actually spend 2000 zen on, and it'll be great for all the Temporal Agents out there.

• Options
    miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    gonna say, the giveaway was terrible
    Oh I took it, but I'll likely never use it, my Fed is for unlocking temporal rewards only, the character I actually play is KDF.

It felt like the 50th was being somewhat hyped up, and then they drop this on us later on that day and it's like.... "That's it?" Some big sale or celebration could have been in order
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    I thought a TOS themed expansion

Which had less content than they one everyone wanted to roast the devs over, and ditched the TOS theme rather quickly.
    and the long-desired TOS endgame ships

The one everybody cares about being in a cash grab gamble box instead of the C-store, meaning only a minority of players will ever get it. Which seems to be an even smaller minority than usual.

• Options
    geekysoldiergeekysoldier Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    They definitely put more effort for the TNG 25th anniversary.
    DMoNDoR.jpg
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    They definitely put more effort for the TNG 25th anniversary.

Agreed. While the reward wasn't as good as TOS bundle, meeting Worf certainly provided more acknowledgement for TNG anniversary, Although, it is possible that Cryptic was working on the next Featured Episode set in the 23rd Century and have it available for September 8, but was delayed due to getting STO to the consoles.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Which was only playable by new Characters. That line is getting tired already. You know full well what people were talking about.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns