test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Edgy character and handle names that you encountered.

Comments

• Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    I once flew by a "Niggerkiller" (or very similar, with a similarily themed ship name), I thought that was worth a report - at least STO should know about it, if they decide it's okay. As for "funny" names: they probably work on different people differently. I quite liked (need to make this name up, since I don't remember it exactly) "Hurl Rockthrower, Esq.", a Gorn obviously. Obvious screennames with numbers or "TRIBBLE" or similar are not my cup of tea, but not decidedly edgy.

But as somebody else pointed out, you might miss a meaning yourself which others see. Not exactly edgy, but my AoY Vulcan (also inspired by random generator plus letter change) got the name of "Spaceyk", not realizing at the time that there is an actor hidden not so deep in that name. Nor that it includes "Space". I was too much in a Vulcan mindset when naming him. ("T'Pikal" for my other Vulcan I don't have that excuse, that was intentional. Well, I was younger back then)
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    The asterisks were to represent a row of "x"s, not a dirty word.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    roborobin96roborobin96 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Not exactly edgy, and I haven't seen one in a while, but more stupid/annoying: People who name their characters after My Little Pony characters. I've seen quite a lot of them when I started playing, and rolled my eyes every time I saw a "Twilight Sparkle" or an "Applejack". Sometimes they named ships after them too. Imagine a Klingon ship coming across a "U.S.S. Sweetie Belle".

Don't you be hating on ponies. It's a game; have some fun and let others have theirs. :)

Ponies are a pet peeve of mine. I started playing during a time when bronies tended to shoehorn them into everything, from STO to SWTOR to Sonic The Hedgehog. So, I was already sick of them when I started playing, I expected to see these names, but I rolled my eyes nontheless. Don't worry, I'll be keeping off the pony hate in the future, I just had to say this.

Addendum: I saw a "Queen Elsa" commanding a "U.S.S. Arendelle" once. Also not edgy, but I was kinda surprised. I have to repeat what others already said, it's hard to find edgy names in STO.

830px-Vesta_side.jpg

Who's the prettiest of them all?
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,369 Arc User
    A real brony would have said "someponies", not "somebodies". :lol:​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    The most edgy? Easy. The ones where people get around the profanity filter. They're usually something vulgar or offensive in some quarters.

I won't repeat them since that would violate forum rules.
  • Options
    galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    I now have the urge to create a new toon named David Rider. And name all my ships Dirk HardPec, Blast HardCheese, Punt SpeedChunk, Smoke ManMuscle, etc

Just to see who gets it.
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    galatt wrote: »
    Blast HardCheese

too late, someone beat you to it​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    I remember seeing a rather risqué name once outside of ESD, but it was in a different language (Italian), so I guess the game didn't catch it.
  • Options
    imarookieimarookie Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    you can find me ingame with the handle @imarookie
    (I play this game for quite a long time now but still am a bloody newbie)

but the character names are somewhat boring to be honest...

also, I don't get what should be wrong with "Moist" *shrugs*
    .o0( The gods of deutsch data recovery have prevailed! The techno will continue. )
  • Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    Emergency entertainment hologram is my favorite "funny" name that I have seen. Not edgy, but really, what would be an edgy name in STO?
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    a better question would be...what does edgy even mean?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    faxmachine2faxmachine2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Not exactly edgy, and I haven't seen one in a while, but more stupid/annoying: People who name their characters after My Little Pony characters. I've seen quite a lot of them when I started playing, and rolled my eyes every time I saw a "Twilight Sparkle" or an "Applejack". Sometimes they named ships after them too. Imagine a Klingon ship coming across a "U.S.S. Sweetie Belle".
    Same. MLP is cancer.

GO7jaHx.gif
  • Options
    squirrelgirl#9643 squirrelgirl Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    My klingons.. Lagh, Servr'Fail and Dis'connekt... They are all named for the issues i find on the game... my son's is Bug'h

Wasn't there a Klingon kid in an episode of voyager that had the doctor and his virtual family called "Lagh"?
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,987 Arc User
    I once put my holoboff into a TOS redshirt costume and then called him the ERH, (Emergency Redshirt Hologram)
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
      [

~grabs notepad~ I think a d7 named Sweetie Belle would rock

dvZq2Aj.jpg
    • Options
      axegaijin13axegaijin13 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
      I have a Cardassian looking alien named Dar'heel, I guess that's pretty edgy :)
      Ofcourse it's not the correct spelling, it should've been Darhe'el, but I've been using it in other games for characters ever since EverQuest. Usually as evil aligned warlock/wizard.

for the Dutch speakers out thereI have a Klingon char fly the I.K.S. Bar'Kruk , and for the classical music lovers, I have a Romulan name D'Vorak. ;)
    • Options
      theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,987 Arc User
      edited September 2016
      A few of my ship names have come close to getting me in hot water, A few of those names were USS Goose Green, USS Tumbledown and USS San Carlos with registry numbers corresponding to those events
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • Options
        arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
        Ya know, I caan't but wonder how the people who something as innocuous as "moist" offensive feel when seeing a lot of the ships go by. Face it, a large number of the ships in this game, if shown in nothing but outline/shadow form, have almost the exact outline as items commonly found in 'adult toy" areas.
        LTS and loving it.
        Ariotex.png
      • Options
        swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
        Not edgy, but amusing.
        I once did an STF with Larry and Moe. Their ship names were "Where's Curly?"
        My Orion has Elsa and Anna as boffs. Anna's a Kobali. (And she flies a Saar Thiln named the "Elsanna." It's a Frozen ship.)
        One of my fleet mates flies the "Tribble Nibbler."
      • Options
        fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User
        arionisa wrote: »
        Ya know, I caan't but wonder how the people who something as innocuous as "moist" offensive feel when seeing a lot of the ships go by. Face it, a large number of the ships in this game, if shown in nothing but outline/shadow form, have almost the exact outline as items commonly found in 'adult toy" areas.

You can make it sound pretty creepy if you voice it right. Try it.

But I have a soft spot for naming characters "Lusty."
        One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!
      • Options
        arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
        As soon as one of my AoY toons maxes everything and I get the account rewards, it is getting deleted. I am going to create a new toon named "kitty", use the title "moist" and name all my ships "Cathouse".
        LTS and loving it.
        Ariotex.png
      • Options
        zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,769 Arc User
        Over on The STO Amusing Moments Picture Thread there are caps of characters that look like cartoons and even some real life people. It's been a while since I been through the whole thing but I remember posting and seeing other posts that include known trademarked characters of all sorts.

I know that this thread is about names, but the character names might be part of some of these caps. :smile:
        f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
        Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
      • Options
        gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
        I'm amused by those that use a "Death" moniker of sorts to project toughness and end up dying.

I'm not amused by disparagingly racialized toons and their disparagingly racialized names that I encounter.
        Joined STO in September 2010.
      • Options
        thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
        gaevsman wrote: »
        My klingons.. Lagh, Servr'Fail and Dis'connekt... They are all named for the issues i find on the game... my son's is Bug'h

Is the h silent in your sons... if not, from a UK perspective it could be even funnier.

• Options
        kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
        I had a toon called Saddhu Satanas...
        Now I use it as a ship name.
        Klingons don't get drunk.
        They just get less sober.
      • Options
        zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,769 Arc User
        I forgot to mention I named one of my Characters Captain Dunsel.

Not really edgy or anything, but a good enough for a jokey Trek Nerd kind of thing.
        f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
        Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
      • Options
        catch21catch21 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
        For some reason all my ships are named I.K.S Kevin Spacey :)