test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Edgy character and handle names that you encountered.

Comments

• Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    i agree with nabreeki, it is impossible to be edgy in sto. I'll go farther and say in any mmo. but names that amused me?

i think my favorite was a cure space i did with three "darth riker" clones.
  • Options
    Funniest toon name I've seen out there thus far: "Brought To You By Carl's Jr. (TM)" It made me bust up laughing when I saw it.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I have a character named Lucifer and I've had people message me and tell me how disrespectful it is to use that as a character name. I don't find that to be very risqué personally, but apparently it bothers some people.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Only one that ever really got my attention (and not in a good way either) was back in beta when I passed "Hitler Himself" in sector space ... pretty sure they block that name now thank God.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    My Romulan character's name is First name: Herp, Middle Name: Derp, Last Name: Deeps. And he used to fly the RRW McQuarters.

He was the lowest DPS character I had. By design.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Edgy? You mean like Triangle or Octagon?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    "Last night I found one of my KDF captains standing right next to a female Orion captain named Per'vert which was actually kinda funny, but not edgy. Other than that, I cannot remember any other names that were edgy."

LMFAO, I love it, every funny.

My main KDF toon is Dahar Master Susher, not edgy, but I tend to name my Orion Ships stuff like the OSS Debauchery and the OSS Depraved, it feels very Oriony.

Plus Susher is this huge, buff, shirtless green dude with kinky shoulder bolts, metal head plate, and Ferengi Energy Whip, he looks like he should be working in a BDSM dungeon somewhere, with a crew filled with mostly busty Orion females, plus a hot female Trill, Romulan, Krenium, Kolabi crew members.

He's rocking out like Emperor Caligula.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2016
    nccmark wrote: »
    "All the ones named Kirk. Also the misspelled variations of U.S.S. Enterprise"

I love that you used the completely nonsense spelling "misspelt" to describe bad spelling, since that is not an actual word. Brava.

"Misspelt" is British English (the original), and "misspelled" is an American adaption.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    devilment666devilment666 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    nccmark wrote: »
    "All the ones named Kirk. Also the misspelt variations of U.S.S. Enterprise"

I love that you used the completely nonsense spelling "misspelt" to describe bad spelling, since that is not an actual word. Brava.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/misspelt
  • Options
    devilment666devilment666 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    I created a char called "Robyn Fleet Banx". It was impressive how many fleet invites she would get.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »
    I have a character named Lucifer and I've had people message me and tell me how disrespectful it is to use that as a character name. I don't find that to be very risqué personally, but apparently it bothers some people.

i did that in neverwinter (on a tiefling, naturally) and never had anyone say that to me​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    I created a char called "Robyn Fleet Banx". It was impressive how many fleet invites she would get.

Someone should make a character with that name in EVE and see how many corporations they can join
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,642 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    My klingons.. Lagh, Servr'Fail and Dis'connekt... They are all named for the issues i find on the game... my son's is Bug'h

And I thought my 3.14159 of PI was cute...
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Lets see... Tyn'kan of many, Klinn Karr, Li'tar Bowx, Meatshield #1 to 6 (boffs, of course), Bygg'eers (Ferengi), Gryn'darr, Har'lott, Bug'uggli (naussicaan)among others...
  • Options
    roborobin96roborobin96 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Edgy? You mean either obvious screen names like "Stonecoldkillah" or "HEART7LE55" or "Psychopath666"; or stupid character names (often seen on female characters) like Luna Moonscythe, Sakura Blackheart, Sapphire Wolfclaw or Enoby Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way (if you know where the last one's from, you get a virtual cookie)? Haven't seen a single one of these in STO, sometimes (especially the latter variety) turn up in SWTOR.

Not exactly edgy, and I haven't seen one in a while, but more stupid/annoying: People who name their characters after My Little Pony characters. I've seen quite a lot of them when I started playing, and rolled my eyes every time I saw a "Twilight Sparkle" or an "Applejack". Sometimes they named ships after them too. Imagine a Klingon ship coming across a "U.S.S. Sweetie Belle".
    830px-Vesta_side.jpg

Who's the prettiest of them all?
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Wow, people are offended by the title "moist" ?

So, I happen to have a Romulan toon named Hugh'kok. Believe it or not, it was a one letter change from the random name the system came up with, and although Romulan, I sounded it out to myself the way a Klingon would likely say it. I was level 50 before someone pointed out an....alternate...way of pronouncing it.

Not gonna pay to get it changed and so far the person that pointed out the alternate pronunciation is the only one that has ever said anything, and he thought it was quite funny.

So, I'm about to go play that toon and give him the "moist" title ..... for a while, then I think I'll use "warped" for a bit, and see if there are any others that would go well with the name.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    Not exactly edgy, and I haven't seen one in a while, but more stupid/annoying: People who name their characters after My Little Pony characters. I've seen quite a lot of them when I started playing, and rolled my eyes every time I saw a "Twilight Sparkle" or an "Applejack". Sometimes they named ships after them too. Imagine a Klingon ship coming across a "U.S.S. Sweetie Belle".

Don't you be hating on ponies. It's a game; have some fun and let others have theirs. :)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Don't you be hating on ponies. It's a game; have some fun and let others have theirs. :)
    Also if you're not careful you will incite the wrath of @kaiserin. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    Well, I named my Borg drone boff "1337 of 1337". I take him on NR, Dyson, or Kobali occasionally and I get random tells once in a while from someone laughing about it. I even gave him a bio.
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User

I have a toon that had a LOT of pony-named ships. :p I may have scrapped/dry-docked some of them.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    the only character i know in game named applejack had been named after the alcohol. the player was amazed and unhappy to learn about the pony.
  • Options
    theotherscotty#9105 theotherscotty Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Another of my favorites I've seen out there was a liberated Borg toon designated "25 or 6 to 4."

(that's an old Chicago song, for those who don't know the reference)
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,407 Arc User
    So, how often was 25 found sitting crosslegged on the floor?​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    theotherscotty#9105 theotherscotty Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    ^ That sort of thing is why I normally keep zone chat switched off. I just find it so much more pleasant not to see any of that "noise" in there.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    I find the title "Moist" disgusting innuendo and Cryptic should remove it. Luckily you can turn off titles. Names referencing genitalia are wearisome. Not edgy, but if you are playing a title and use canon character names it's lame and unimaginative, like I'm playing Final Fantasy and there are infinite variations of XxsefirothxX or Cloud running around.

Yep, is obscene and should be removed.
    or how about don't bother and just look the other way?
    this aint rush limbaugh online, you know
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    on my first main character as fed, and his very first bridge officer, and it is klingon, name is Brekk'um, i didnt made that name, it was given random name when i got officers.

i wonder if anyone else got odd funny or offending name from officers that we didnt change or renamed, just original name that came with it.