test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

3D printed copy of your own custom ship!

12345679»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    aww.... even foundry doesn't have the old purple Jupiter any more.

Speaking of which, the mustard yellow one clashes with the design aesthetic of my mission.... *replaces with a Fek'lhri dread*
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    aww.... even foundry doesn't have the old purple Jupiter any more.

Speaking of which, the mustard yellow one clashes with the design aesthetic of my mission.... *replaces with a Fek'lhri dread*

Ey! the yellow Terran ships look awesome!

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    Yes, they're pretty, but they're obviously Terran. I was using it in Darkness Between the stars as an alien ship of ancient origin.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    And there will be a cottage industry of people doing mods to light them. Or do what current custom model builds do, send them your purchased ship they send you a completely reprinted model with lighting.
    atlmykl wrote: »
    Why does the happiness of other people make you so sad and angry? :#

I didn't realize having a conversation would trigger you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7jBSQRJzuQ
    trumpsarcasm1-619-386.jpg

nikephorus wrote: »
    Still curious to know what the price of this will be and what the quality of the model will be as well. If both are decent enough I will definitely get my favorite ship done.
    https://eucl3d.com/apps/help-center#!how-much-do-your-products-cost
    https://eucl3d.com/pages/startrek
    This printer starts at $60k US. No legos or marzipan involved. :)
    https://www.3dhubs.com/3d-printers/projet-660

coldnapalm wrote: »
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    No torment, just a youtuber taking videos of his cat. You & a few others have tried to turn it into some kind of cruelty scenario just to fabricate yourselves some justification for your fake outrage, flaming posts, and harassment. Funny thing is, you are kinda like the cat in this metaphor - the more exposed you are, the louder you yowl.
    Yeah, the video was funny because the cat was freaking out over nothing. It wasn't hurt, it wasn't in danger.... it was yowling at a tiny lap dog that was sitting on the other side of the room.
    Just because there wasn't any physical danger to the animal, it's okay?!? The cat, no matter what the circumstance is was CLEARLY tormented and you find that FUNNY? Yeah...you are on **** list now too. I bet you are one of the people who think that verbal abuse isn't a think because the person being abused wasn't in any danger either. Yeah...no. You have once chance to back up now...or you wanna be in the same **** show that nick is in? Because as far as i am concerned, finding things like this funny makes you worth less then the scum I find on the bottom of my shoes after walking in a swamp.
    And this is why the guy used it as an example.... You're screaming and ranting over inconsequential things.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    What I'd like to know is if the customizations include Fleet Emblems. Also a bit concerned about ships with more "delicate" details, like the Vastam Command Warbird that has a lot of antennas which look like they could be very brittle or prone to bending if 3D printed, or maybe even omitted from printing period?
    Post edited by alexraptorr on
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
    What I'd like to know is if the customizations include Fleet Emblems. Also a bit concerned about ships with more "delicate" details, like the Vastam Command Warbird that has a lot of antennas which look like they could be very brittle or prone to bending if 3D printed, or maybe even omitted from printing period?
    Or the Borg Deflector....

lapland_by_marhawkman-d83rd6y.png
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Post edited by thlaylierah on
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    If you want ships just to light them why not just get something like this:

[IMG]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/Thlaylie/Mobile Uploads/20160913_170403_zps1axupcya.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Maybe because the vast majority of ships in STO don't actually exist like that? :P
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    I really hope this makes them go back and look at the launch era models and fix them. I'd love to get a printed out Sovereign but I'm not wasting 30 quid (excluding shipping I'd imagine) on the model ingame currently.​​

So 30 quid's about about what ?, 40$ USD ?

I gotta admit, they'd look real nice on my desk. ( ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    So 30 quid's about about what ?, 40$ USD ?

I gotta admit, they'd look real nice on my desk. ( ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)

Which? The 30 Quid or the grainy ship would look nice on your desk?
  • telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    Caitian carrier please =P
  • dagorherudagorheru Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    has anyone seen how you are supposed to order these models yet in game?
  • wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    you may have to go to the actual site for them - once they release them to the public.