test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Perfect idea for Dilithium Sink

Add admiralty cards to the Dilithium Store. Boom. Plain admiralty cards for 10k, Rare for 25k, Very Rare for 50k, Epic for 100k. People would buy them, esp on Klingon chars and Rom. And heck, running the Klingon Admiralty is the easiest 30k dilithium every 10 days per char. Just a though, and SUPER easy for Cryptic to implement since all the ships in game already have cards. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Its not a bad idea, but would undermine their ability to sell ships.
    And based on how cryptic/pwe price the stuff in the Dil store, the prices would probably look more like;

Common 125k / Uncommon 250k / Rare 500k / Very Rare 1mil / Epic 2 mil

..And that's if they feel generous :mrgreen:
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Maybe somewhere in between? The Dil/Zen exchange rate has been floating around 400 for quite some time, and I don't see that changing. With all the events they've been running, a LOT of players have MILLIONS of dil hoarded and aren't all keen to dump it into fleet holdings. This would be a valid option I think. 1 mill dil is still only about 2500 zen on the current market, so still a savings vs paying 3000 for a T6 ship. And they could bundle maybe? Buy the command cruiser bundle of admiralty cards for 2 mill or something?
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    This idea might work if the Dilithium price were right. I might add that selling x1 packs of ship might be an even better idea, but I feel that these type of packs would end up at the C-Store rather than the Dilithium Store since Admirality Cards are pretty much the same a Duty Officer Cards; however, if they are just selling x1 packs, that might be enough to have them be sold at the Dilithium Store.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    If they put a package together of say 10 mid grade (mirrorUni like) cards, as a one time purchase, it might be a nice little idea for new characters who don't have a lot of ships.
    As a one time purchase it wouldn't affect ship sales adversely I don't think.

"Admiralty starter pack"
    Not a bad idea really.

EDIT: That's an even better idea @Velqua - I like that x1
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    if tweaked carefully could be cool
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Make it a true sink, 1 mil, 2 mil, 3 mil, 4 mil and so on and so forth. Real dil farmers can make 100k plus in less than 15 minutes.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    cidjack wrote: »
    Make it a true sink, 1 mil, 2 mil, 3 mil, 4 mil and so on and so forth. Real dil farmers can make 100k plus in less than 15 minutes.

but are "real" dil farmers dumb enough to then TRIBBLE out that much dil for an a.s.s. card or 10?
  • Options
    Actually, I think the 1x cards might be on to something. Don't make them ridiculously expensive, but that could work. 10 pack of 1x cards at some discount, or individually for 10k or something? Good point about that the dilithium farmers aren't going to be buying these, but new players or players with minor alts that don't have a lot of ships.....might work?
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    And obviously removing the incorrectly placed faction uniforms and placing them in the C-Store where they belong.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    A Fleet Colony holding would be a MUCH bigger sink, especially if it provides benefits anything like the R&D lab... ;)
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    But a LOT of players stopped contributing dil to fleet holdings. Dil farmers and currency whales throw down dil for sure, but look at most fleets, and check the ranking for contributions: usually a handful of players in a fleet with over 1mill fleet credit earned, and most everybody else.....a lot less. For players that aren't interested in giving away dil, or are done upgrading what they want, this might be a logical alternative? And based on their track record, adding another Fleet holding isn't a matter of IF as much as WHEN. Seem to put one out every 6 - 12 months, so something else is coming. Colony holding, or temporal operative monitoring stations, or something.....
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I dunno... The people with the most Zen and Dilithium probably have no lack of A.S.S. Cards.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    I would have used the x1 card idea on my temporal agent when I was leveling up the campaigns, if it were an option. Otherwise, I have more than enough ships for my usual purposes. Even though I would not use it (maybe once in awhile), I'd like to see that idea implemented.
  • Options
    It could have its purposes.....add EPIC missions to admiralty campaign that REQUIRE something like 250 or 300 of each Sci, Eng, Tac. With special rewards on those missions like......I don't know......500 ZEN on crit. So you HAVE to buy say 3 epic cards for 100k dil EACH for a chance to get 500 zen (not really a good deal since 300k dil would get you about 750 zen on exchange right now) but just spitballing, make is something WORTH doing, but you HAVE to use the purchased admiralty cards.
  • Options
    People will only spend Dil if the cost is low. I think Cryptic needs to look at Dilithium like micro/nano-transactions. Items should not cost thousands of dil. If anything, they should cost between 10 - 500 Dil per item, especially if it is consumable. The reason is that the lower the price the higher the likelihood people are going to purchase the item. Look at what happened to the DOFF grinder. Nobody really upgrades DOFFs because the cost is too much. If anything, the Dil cost should be low that people don't feel the drain, but because of consistent use, it does drain the available Dil.
  • Options
    velqua wrote: »
    People will only spend Dil if the cost is low. I think Cryptic needs to look at Dilithium like micro/nano-transactions. Items should not cost thousands of dil. If anything, they should cost between 10 - 500 Dil per item, especially if it is consumable. The reason is that the lower the price the higher the likelihood people are going to purchase the item. Look at what happened to the DOFF grinder. Nobody really upgrades DOFFs because the cost is too much. If anything, the Dil cost should be low that people don't feel the drain, but because of consistent use, it does drain the available Dil.

good point. So implement THIS with admiralty cards! 125 each; 5 pack for 500; 10 pack for.....something.....etc?
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    There's no need for a sink until they raise the refinement cap. That will never happen as long as dil/zen is where Cryptic wants it. They have really put a hurt on the folks who trade for it as opposed to buy it.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Meh, 1x cards are just roster clutter. I'd rather they added a way to sell them off.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    I'd like for all my single-character promotion/lockbox/lobi admiralty cards to be available for my other characters to purchase with Dilithium.

I'll only ever have one Annorax, but I'd pay a pretty good amount to have that card on my other captains.

Heck, I' even be interested in paying Dilithium to unlock the I.S.S. Skadi on other captains that don't do the 14 days of Mirror Invasions or get made later on after the event's over.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    An account token for past event rewards would be a good sink. One for each item unlocked on an account. For example one for the Crystaline Shard pet, one for the shotgun, one for the Mirror Hakeev DOff... and so on. If you have an item on one character, an appropriate token to claim one on a character who didn't exist at the time is made available. Kinda like how the Andorian Phasers are locked until you have an Andorian ship.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »
    Meh, 1x cards are just roster clutter. I'd rather they added a way to sell them off.

Cryptic really needs to find a way to stack those x1 cards that accumulate. I agree, the list can become very clutter-some. Maybe there is something in the works or listed on the "White Board".
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    An account token for past event rewards would be a good sink. One for each item unlocked on an account. For example one for the Crystaline Shard pet, one for the shotgun, one for the Mirror Hakeev DOff... and so on. If you have an item on one character, an appropriate token to claim one on a character who didn't exist at the time is made available. Kinda like how the Andorian Phasers are locked until you have an Andorian ship.

I can see those type of tokens easily being posted for a couple of million Dil. It would be nice to have even if it was expensive. The same goes for consoles associated with retired ships.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    velqua wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »

I can see those type of tokens easily being posted for a couple of million Dil. It would be nice to have even if it was expensive. The same goes for consoles associated with retired ships.

Oh yea! The Samsar thing... I forgot about that. Having set pieces on a limited time available anniversary ship was kind of a flashpoint on the forums.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    The promo box worked for me. It basically wiped nearly all my Dil. So now I have to rebuild.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    The problem with admiralty cards for dill, is that the admiralty system awards easy dill and this would place people in a better position to exploit that.

The price of the cards would need to be calculated based upon cryptic's metrics of the time people are willing to invest running admiralty missions before they get bored and stop. I am guessing the cards would need to be quite expensive to offset the harm to the dill economy that they would do.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Add admiralty cards to the Dilithium Store. Boom. Plain admiralty cards for 10k, Rare for 25k, Very Rare for 50k, Epic for 100k. People would buy them, esp on Klingon chars and Rom. And heck, running the Klingon Admiralty is the easiest 30k dilithium every 10 days per char. Just a though, and SUPER easy for Cryptic to implement since all the ships in game already have cards. Thoughts?

why would we need to buy admiralty cards with dil when we get so many free ones of every type from plain all the way up to epic through normal gameplay?.
    I already have more then I need and I will get another epic for each of my characters when I complete the current mirror event and yet another when they run the winter event.
    this may be of interest to newer players but its hardly going to gain much of a drain on dilithium from seasoned players who are the ones with the biggest reserves of dilithium coincidentally.

not such a perfect idea after all I'm afraid.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    The problem with admiralty cards for dill, is that the admiralty system awards easy dill and this would place people in a better position to exploit that.

The price of the cards would need to be calculated based upon cryptic's metrics of the time people are willing to invest running admiralty missions before they get bored and stop. I am guessing the cards would need to be quite expensive to offset the harm to the dill economy that they would do.

That would be the likely scenario with Admiralty Cards being sold in the Dil Store. If anything, it seems much more likely they would end up in the Z-Store like the Duty Officers. It was, nonetheless, a good idea.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    lets put it this way, as a seasoned player I currently have 42 ship cards, 5 of which are epic and 12 of which are ultra rare the remaining 25 being a mix of common, rare and very rare, I have around the same amount on each of my characters and also like i said in my last comment at least two more for each very soon one of which will also be epic.
    bearing this in mind how in the world do you think this is going to make a useful dilithium sink.
    why would I need to spend anything when the many I have now didn't cost me a bean, I would not even waste EC on this.
    maybe if it was for Gold Pressed Latinum but then that junk is virtually worthless anyway and I have tons of the stuff.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Its not a bad idea, but would undermine their ability to sell ships.
    And based on how cryptic/pwe price the stuff in the Dil store, the prices would probably look more like;

Common 125k / Uncommon 250k / Rare 500k / Very Rare 1mil / Epic 2 mil

..And that's if they feel generous :mrgreen:

Which they won't.