test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Client crash on launch

This problem just started this morning for me, the game has been working fine up until now.

Game starts the launch process, goes to the Cryptic splash screen and the loading bar progresses to just after half way then crashes. Tried re-installing and in safe mode and get the same.

Error.log
160814 12:52:08 1 [1] ESC : Unrecognized command: track trans_id:12301\nUnknown command \qtrack\q.
160814 12:52:08 2 [1] ESC : Unrecognized command: track offer_id:0\nUnknown command \qtrack\q.

Alerts
160814 12:52:39 1 InvalidType[1]: InvalidType[1]: TriggerAlert(\r\n{\r\n\tKey Get_Dcm_Keys_Failed\r\n\tString \qCOuldn\st find key DCMKeyValues while trying to read DCM keys from registry\q\r\n\tLevel CRITICAL\r\n\tMostrecenthappenedtime 524494359\r\n\tIdofobject 1\r\n\tIdofserver 1\r\n\tMachinename DESKTOP-\r\n\tAlertuid 1\r\n\tAlertuidstringed 1\r\n\tPatchversion \qST.64.20160709a.15 (SVN 196590(http://code/svn/StarTrek/Baselines/ST.64.20160709a.0(branch svn = 198200)) Gimme 07091600:08:59)(+incrs)\q\r\n}\r\n)

Checked windows update and nothing has been downloaded since the 10th Aug so my Win 10 is the same as yesterday when I last logged in, I also have the entire STO directory as an exemption in defender so that shouldnt be affecting it.

Any help with this would be most appreciated.

Comments

• occisorxxoccisorxx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Had this for a week now cant even send a bloody crash report as error tracker is broke WTF
  • chilleechillee Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    Just got this last night. Deleting, cleaning registry nad reinstalling did not seem to work. I suspect its Antiviral related, and will try pausing later. What AV do you use (I use Kaspersky)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And do you launch from Arc or Steam or standalone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • enyojarosenyojaros Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    chillee wrote: »
    Just got this last night. Deleting, cleaning registry nad reinstalling did not seem to work. I suspect its Antiviral related, and will try pausing later. What AV do you use (I use Kaspersky)

Yeah I tried cleaning the registry and got no joy either. I get the crash on both Arc, Steam & standalone seems related to the client rather than install method.
    Unsure on the AV thing, I only use defender but have the entire STO directory in the exemptions.

I've got a support ticket in at the mo & have had some help back though nothing yet has worked :(. If/when a solution appears I'll post back with an update.
  • meinland#1533 meinland Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    My problem is a long loading in the launcher, same in the character list, it's been 2 hours, and i cant still get in game -_-" this is getting annoying and probably it will make me drop the game... A game with lot of bugs and troubles makes me drop my interest, the game isnt bad :/ tbh...
    I'm a longtime player, and have much invested. My 100K+ DPS skills are going to deteriorate if I don't practice soon... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • enyojarosenyojaros Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I finally got back in game :)

With help from the support team I got it narrowed down to the Roccat software I was using for my mouse and keyboard.
    Roccat Talk
    Roccat keyboard drivers
    And another one I forgot the name of

After removing all three and rebooting I could get in game no problem.

Hope this helps