test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO creating .dll's and cef-cache folder on my desktop.

I used to run the game from the original game folder, no ARC or Steam, never had a problem.

Installed Steam to play The Witcher then STO decided it wanted to run through that instead. Ok, whatever.

Un-install Steam and revert back to my STO folder. Now every time I quit the game it comes up with a Crypic error and wants to check files on restart, it also creates a bunch of files ON MY DESKTOP, every time it is re-started.

Anyone got any insight on this behaviour?

Comments

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I don't have any insight other than I don't have this problem. I have Steam installed to play Fallout 4, and Steam never attempted to lasso STO to force the game to run through Steam.

Steam may have somehow configured STO to run the game through it and since you uninstalled Steam STO is trying to find and inadvertently has started to create files on your desktop.

My only suggestion is to either re-install Steam or re-install STO. If you re-install Steam and it sees STO as part of your game library, then try to remove STO from your library. Not sure if that would result in STO being uninstalled. Otherwise uninstall STO and download it again. How quickly you will be able to download STO again depends on your internet speed. If you have a 20Mbps connection then it will probably take around 100 minutes to download.