test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please add the Kelvin timeline Klingon "warbird"

These ships were designed for use in the 2009 movie, in a scene where the Narada was captured by teh Klingons after being disabled by teh Kelvin:

latest?cb=20130616073537&path-prefix=en

latest?cb=20091211192153&path-prefix=en

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Klingon_Warbird

Since they got permission to use things from the first 2 movies can we please get these?

Comments

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I believe that were also seen in Kirk's Kobayashi Maru test.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    I believe that were also seen in Kirk's Kobayashi Maru test.
    B)

Yup, the same, and would be cool to have them :smile:
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Grand!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Yes. We all want them.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    I'm sure we'll get that in Kelvin Lockbox II: The Search For More Money
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    There's certainly enough material for a second lockbox or promo stuff. Kelvin 2 box: Feds get the Kelvin, KDF gets the battlecruiser, Romulans could get an original design AR T'Liss. Uniforms could be Section 31 or Khan's outfit on Qo'nos. Probably Khan's outfit for all three factions. Weapons could be Romulan disruptors from the '09 movie with the Lobi store weapon being Nero's blade thing.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    That would be a nice upgrade from my T5U Fleet K't'inga. Make it so, Cryptic!
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    There's certainly enough material for a second lockbox or promo stuff. Kelvin 2 box: Feds get the Kelvin, KDF gets the battlecruiser, Romulans could get an original design AR T'Liss. Uniforms could be Section 31 or Khan's outfit on Qo'nos. Probably Khan's outfit for all three factions. Weapons could be Romulan disruptors from the '09 movie with the Lobi store weapon being Nero's blade thing.

I want leeta's daggers and... Shinzon's blade.
    Star-Trek-Nemesis-Shinzon-Reman-Knife-1-700x700.jpg

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    These ships were designed for use in the 2009 movie, in a scene where the Narada was captured by teh Klingons after being disabled by teh Kelvin:

latest?cb=20130616073537&path-prefix=en

latest?cb=20091211192153&path-prefix=en

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Klingon_Warbird

Since they got permission to use things from the first 2 movies can we please get these?

Well, they are smexeh. Moreso than the D4, IMO.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    If they get a proper Klingon designation and get rid of the term Warbird which was a acknowledged prodction error in ENT...​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    But are they from the Kelvin Universe? If they were supposed to be in the scene with the USS Kelvin, then they existed before Nero changed everything. Which means they should belong in the C-Store rather than a lockbox like the USS Kelvin. Assuming that the USS Kelvin and these Klingon ships existed in the Prime Universe and looked exactly like this.
  • Options
    starkaos wrote: »
    But are they from the Kelvin Universe? If they were supposed to be in the scene with the USS Kelvin, then they existed before Nero changed everything. Which means they should belong in the C-Store rather than a lockbox like the USS Kelvin. Assuming that the USS Kelvin and these Klingon ships existed in the Prime Universe and looked exactly like this.

They are from the new movies, so they are KT. All that "before and after" is pointless, everything you see in the three new movies is KT content, discussion about incursions and timelines aside they belong in those movies which are legally their own thing and do not differentiate between supposed continuity canon. The only way red matter and a few other things could be used in STO before was some sort of license deal with a comic company. If those ships find their way to STO they're alternate reality and thus lockbox material.

Not saying Cryptic can't surprise us here, but I think chances are slim.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »

They are from the new movies, so they are KT. All that "before and after" is pointless, everything you see in the three new movies is KT content, discussion about incursions and timelines aside they belong in those movies which are legally their own thing and do not differentiate between supposed continuity canon. The only way red matter and a few other things could be used in STO before was some sort of license deal with a comic company. If those ships find their way to STO they're alternate reality and thus lockbox material.

Not saying Cryptic can't surprise us here, but I think chances are slim.​​

How is it pointless? Lockbox ships and C-Store ships always depend on their origin for how they are obtained except for the 26th Century and 31st Century ships, but I doubt many people will complain that they are C-Store ships rather than Lockbox ships. The Jellyfish and Narada are mentioned in the Path to 2409 so they are definitely not Kelvin Universe ships, but are 24th Century STO Universe ships. The Narada would belong in a lockbox because it is a Tal Shiar Adapted ship not because it was in the new Star Trek movies. The Narada, Jellyfish, and maybe the USS Kelvin and Klingon Warbird are not KT content since they didn't originate from the Kelvin Universe. They could be classified as Paramount content, but KT content only refers to content from the Kelvin Universe not content from another reality.

As for the USS Kelvin and Klingon Warship, that depends on if identical counterparts existed in the Prime Universe. If they existed in the Prime Universe, then they are not alternate reality and thus C-Store material.
  • Options
    Canon continuity is irrelevant, which works the ships had is relevant. KT ships are lockbox because they're supposed to be "rare", not widely available just like alien ships. And that's because they are part of a different license deal as far as I know.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    Regardless of how they might introduce this battlecruiser, C-Store or lockbox, I'd really like to see it happen. Many Klingon players have been waiting for a T6 K'tinga and Vor'cha for quite some time. This would make a really nice T6 K'tinga.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    angrytarg wrote: »
    If they get a proper Klingon designation and get rid of the term Warbird which was a acknowledged prodction error in ENT...

Only if the Klingons stop using the term 'Bird of Prey' a term they claim through a budget decision.

They appeared twice. Once in the simulation (the Kobayashi Maru uses Kelvin components so it is contemporaneous with it most likely?) and once in a deleted scene where the Nerada destroys 47 of them (that's the transmission Uhura picked up in the film).

There's no hint on their origin, whether they predate the Kelvin incident or not.
    How is it pointless? Lockbox ships and C-Store ships always depend on their origin for how they are obtained except for the 26th Century and 31st Century ships, but I doubt many people will complain that they are C-Store ships rather than Lockbox ships. The Jellyfish and Narada are mentioned in the Path to 2409 so they are definitely not Kelvin Universe ships, but are 24th Century STO Universe ships. The Narada would belong in a lockbox because it is a Tal Shiar Adapted ship not because it was in the new Star Trek movies. The Narada, Jellyfish, and maybe the USS Kelvin and Klingon Warbird are not KT content since they didn't originate from the Kelvin Universe. They could be classified as Paramount content, but KT content only refers to content from the Kelvin Universe not content from another reality.

As for the USS Kelvin and Klingon Warship, that depends on if identical counterparts existed in the Prime Universe. If they existed in the Prime Universe, then they are not alternate reality and thus C-Store material.

The Kelvin Timeline is the name or the entirety of the Paramount owned Star Trek as well as the specifics of the Kelvin incident. It's confusing and silly and would have been better served by just calling it The Alternate Reality or something.
    But Targ is correct. All of Paramount's material is not covered in Cryptic's license, none of it, the Kelvin, KonstiTution, D4, Warbird. The only exceptions are things that appeared in the joint CBS/Paramount comic 'Countdown'.

Nerada, Red Matter, Nero's tattoo and weapon, Nero's crew's clothes and weapons, Jellyfish as well as Hobus and the Vault.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    Kelvin is a ship not a timeline.Kelvins are from Andromeda I guess no one watched that episode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    It looks like a modern update of the K'Tinga in the same way the K'Tinga itself was an update of the classic D7. It goes perfectly with the Exeter which is of course an update of the Constitution Refit which was an update of the original Constitution. I would love to see these ships at T6, perhaps called "Light Cruiser" class vessels.

One can argue all they like that these ships are "outdated", but what they are is solid, proven and reliable designs that can be continued in a different role. As Naval doctrine says, the heavy cruiser of today is the light cruiser of tomorrow. I can see these designs as the Starfleet equivalent of the B-52, a design that was supposed to be phased out time and again but proved so good at their job that they keep getting updated instead.​​

Yup. Light Cruiser or Fast Attack Cruiser. Crew complement - 350 - 400. Able to transport 200 Klingon Marines aboard for a short time. Easy to build. Tested design. Modern power conduits and systems allow easy upgrades to weapons, shields, propulsion. This upgrade might be debated in the High Council, but it would meet and satisfy immediate Empire demands.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    goodscotch wrote: »
    Regardless of how they might introduce this battlecruiser, C-Store or lockbox, I'd really like to see it happen. Many Klingon players have been waiting for a T6 K'tinga and Vor'cha for quite some time. This would make a really nice T6 K'tinga.

Yeah, a real canon T6 Vor'cha....not some JJcrap flying septic tank. Mx4Vj8T.png​​

I dunno, compared to the KT Constitution and D4x, that design looks quite a bit closer to its origins. Honestly, it's a much more subtle variation on Prime Universe ship design than I'd expect of the KT. Overall, I could see it sharing parts/skins with the current Prime Universe designs quite nicely...

...depending on scaling of course; the KT has a tendency to change its mind about how large things are, so it could just be gigantic and crewed by giants walking though giant corridors. :tongue:
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​