test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Na’kuhl temporal probes

13»

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    I've just determined to look in every nook and cranny as I go along. The first three were easy to find for me, as they were right in the pathway. Then at Kuvah'Magh, I had to look everywhere till I found it on a hill.

As for the four number PIN? I did each digit separately. When I found a right digit, wrong place I just tried the other digits till I got it right, then started over with the first one.

The thing to remember is if you don't get a "right digit wrong location" on a number you can then eliminate that number entirely. That makes things quicker for the later places.​​

But that requires thought and 1111, 1112, 1113, etc. is for people that don't want to challenge their mind.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Actually, 1234 will tell you how many of those digits are in use.

Also... if you don't know where the probe is or don't like the puzzle, exit the map and redo. It will rerandomize the puzzle location and the type of puzzle.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,643 Arc User

Was that from before you had located the probe / before your officers had told you it was near? Or after?

I haven't seen the probe marked on the the main map of the Kuva'magh until after I located it.
    Was that from before you had located the probe / before your officers had told you it was near? Or after?

I haven't seen the probe marked on the the main map of the Kuva'magh until after I located it.
    My boffs didn't say anything until I was in firing range. By then I'd already found it. I actually did this map twice. first time was that hill, then the second time it was near a building to the west of that location. One of the two was the number puzzle, the other was a word match puzzle.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    Those were all good ideas that I intend to use next time I need to find one. Thanks.

Oh, and I'm following you now.....on Twitter, that is ;)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User

They don't show up on my map as a point of interest until my character is within decent range, and by then I don't need the map anyway.
    Tza0PEl.png
    Yeah, they're tiny white dots, they don't get the special icon until after you interact.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Hm. I just tried to click mine every way I know how and can't get it to activate. Hopefully the devs will fix it.

I haven't run into any issues at all claiming rewards. If the claim button on your Temporal Transponder is failing, can you give me a character@handle so that I can look into this?

Humm I haven't got anything after probe investigating
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    The "match the four digit code" thing is like that old game, mastermind. And that's the "Technique" I use to solve the problem - go 1234, see if I hit matches (and how many of them numbers are in use) then go 2345, rechecking that. With this information in hand, I start messing with the Odd digits (change X-X-) till I have a couple of matches, then I'll mess with the even ones (-X-X) till I have the code, tweaking an odd digit if somehow I lose a match.
    When at three matches, it usually becomes a "start at 1, cycle to 5, eventually I get code matched"
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
    edited July 2016
    starmanj wrote: »
    Hm. I just tried to click mine every way I know how and can't get it to activate. Hopefully the devs will fix it.

I haven't run into any issues at all claiming rewards. If the claim button on your Temporal Transponder is failing, can you give me a character@handle so that I can look into this?

After you've interacted with a probe, you can double click your temporal thing in your inventory. Then you click on the corresponding icon in the menu that pops up and scroll till you see a Claim button. Click the claim button, then you get a menu to choose which rep marks you want.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D

After you've interacted with a probe, you can double click your temporal thing in your inventory. Then you click on the corresponding icon in the menu that pops up and scroll till you see a Claim button. Click the claim button, then you get a menu to choose which rep marks you want.

I'll give it a try when game get back online TY LOL I sure hope I don't have to re- do these Missions again
    You shouldn't. The game remembers which probes you've interacted with. It will even helpfully highlight them in that menu with a flashing green border.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Yes it works now But what is the Time frame on Claiming the Re-wards anyone know. Meaning do they have to be claimed by Aug 17
    same as delta recruits.... as long as you started the process you can claim whenever.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    same as delta recruits.... as long as you started the process you can claim whenever.

Meaning just starting the AOY toon or Completing it to lvl 10 Reason for asking I have 3 Accounts?
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    Anyone know where the Kuvagh'magh one is located? Played through twice, couldn't find on the ground or in space.

I found it on a ridge behind one of the buildings, next to a tree... but they do seem to be a bit random. The one in Operation Gamma is a right pain in the warp-core.

• stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    So far I have not had any problems finding them... but I'm not as far along as some and I've made unlocking them a priority over other mission objectives.

In "Diplomatic Orders" I ended up following my scanner all the way around to the other side of the hill and then backtracked after I'd unlocked the probe.

So far the puzzles have been okay. A little logic and a little trial-and-error is all it takes. My only complaint would be how long it takes me to solve some of them.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,643 Arc User
    The location is randomized, but a dev post here said from a fixed list of locations.

The V scan does not point to probes. I went through Kuva'magh twice (before someone posted the Reddit link below) scanning and it was at none of the scan locations. After the tricorder switched to 0 anomalies and NO direction pointer the probe was not found. If you think scan worked, it was pointing to something nearby -- a chest, resource node or a non-probe mission objective.

Known locations:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4ro6d0/temporal_orb_locations_minor_exploration_puzzle/
  • stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    The location is randomized, but a dev post here said from a fixed list of locations.

The V scan does not point to probes. I went through Kuva'magh twice (before someone posted the Reddit link below) scanning and it was at none of the scan locations. After the tricorder switched to 0 anomalies and NO direction pointer the probe was not found. If you think scan worked, it was pointing to something nearby -- a chest, resource node or a non-probe mission objective.

Known locations:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4ro6d0/temporal_orb_locations_minor_exploration_puzzle/

I have no doubt that's true. But following the scanner seems to help put you in the right neighborhood on most of the maps I've played through so far.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
    look for white dots on the map as you fly around. you have to be pretty close on space maps, but you will see it that way.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing

Meaning just starting the AOY toon or Completing it to lvl 10 Reason for asking I have 3 Accounts?
    You need the gadget that shows the list of objectives, so yeah, you have to leave 23c.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    Upto the mission kuvah'magh yes, you can scan them out, but after that no you cannot scan them at all.
    You can try what I did, find all the stuuf that v scan points to, stand next to the probe, hit v scan, get nothing, turn it from a floating red thingy to an actual probe, hit v scan, get nothing, unlock the damn thing so you get that nice fat yellow box icon, hit v scan and still get nothing on it.

My guy only has fluid dynamics left to do and the only probe I'm missing so far is the one from 'a gathering darkness' because it didn't spawn along the route the borg took away from the planet and I wasn't in the mood to try searching the entire frigging map to find it (BTW, anyone else noticed that you still get the atmospheric effects after the planet is gone?).

Since I'm intending to replay that one for another suit of armor at some point I'll try to find it then.
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    I finally have them all... what a bruhah.... for 25 each ... not worth it... but maybe for the 50% and 100% completions
  • autobotgoldbugautobotgoldbug Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    This probe thing seriously has some bug issues. But also the four digit guessing game is a bunch of ****, too. Every Time you try to figure it out new ships warp in and start pummeling you and it disconnects. That's annoying as hell. Done playing until someone fixes this.

I HATE the 4 digit guessing game!!!
    I don't have all night to guess that!!