test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Na’kuhl temporal probes

Comments

• freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    From kuvah'magh on it seems that finding them with the scanner is broken.

Captmutant check jorantomalak's thread if you haven't already, there are several possible locations in there that might help. Otherwise the only option is to check everything, circle all the trees, buildings, poles, structures, hills etc.

EDIT

Now doing 'doomsday device', stuck on the planet trying to find the temporal probe, they definitely are NOT scan-able anymore, found and emptied all the crates, found the R&D, scanner now comes up red all the time with 'no anomalies found' message endlessly.

Any help ?

I am not dropping this mission to redo it, not after all the TRIBBLE you have to go through to get here.

EDIT2

Ok, I found the doomsday one, fell into actually jumping off a cliff. Turned out to be right next to the path up, hidden behind a tree / giant mushroom and the banks at the side of the path, so you could only see it coming back down the path.

Also, anyone struggling to find the temporal agent in 'city on the edge of never' mission take a walk over to the other turbolift, the one you didn't use to get to the bridge. Yeah, he's not scan-able either.
    Post edited by freightstopper on
  • stargazermanstargazerman Member Posts: 2 New User
    This probe thing seriously has some bug issues. But also the four digit guessing game is a bunch of TRIBBLE, too. Every Time you try to figure it out new ships warp in and start pummeling you and it disconnects. That's annoying as hell. Done playing until someone fixes this.
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    From kuvah'magh on it seems that finding them with the scanner is broken.

Captmutant check jorantomalak's thread if you haven't already, there are several possible locations in there that might help. Otherwise the only option is to check everything, circle all the trees, buildings, poles, structures, hills etc.

EDIT

Now doing 'doomsday device', stuck on the planet trying to find the temporal probe, they definitely are NOT scan-able anymore, found and emptied all the crates, found the R&D, scanner now comes up red all the time with 'no anomalies found' message endlessly.

Any help ?

I am not dropping this mission to redo it, not after all the **** you have to go through to get here.

EDIT2

Ok, I found the doomsday one, fell into actually jumping off a cliff. Turned out to be right next to the path up, hidden behind a tree / giant mushroom and the banks at the side of the path, so you could only see it coming back down the path.

Also, anyone struggling to find the temporal agent in 'city on the edge of never' mission take a walk over to the other turbolift, the one you didn't use to get to the bridge. Yeah, he's not scan-able either.

To the right or the left of the path? There area lot of giant mushrooms and trees on the map. And which path? It forks into two.

Edit:

Found it. This might help others more than a description:

Doomsday%20Temporal%20Probe%20Location.png
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Anyone find the one for cutting the cord?
    edited July 2016
    pacelli1 wrote: »
    To the right or the left of the path? There area lot of giant mushrooms and trees on the map. And which path? It forks into two.

That wasn't where I found it, for me it was beside that little mushroom you can see that covers the nose on the BoP at the landing pad.

Seems the probe locations are random as well as unscan-able, lovely.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    I've just determined to look in every nook and cranny as I go along. The first three were easy to find for me, as they were right in the pathway. Then at Kuvah'Magh, I had to look everywhere till I found it on a hill.

As for the four number PIN? I did each digit separately. When I found a right digit, wrong place I just tried the other digits till I got it right, then started over with the first one.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Only one ive had issues with so far is " Everything old is new again" Ran through it first time, saw the probe on my map, but changed maps without thinking and lost it.
    Ran mission again, saw probe on my map, but could get to it. It was apparently in an area that I couldn't get too, which doesn't sound right. I didn't have the energy to run the mission a 3rd straight time, so I moved on. Good thin is I've run that mission so many times it's not even remotely challenging.. LOL>
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • dragonseye1138dragonseye1138 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    I'm on facility 4028 and I've been through the mission three times now, and I can not for the life of me find this thing. So either it's bugged or it's in a location that the player cannot access.
    Q is a Magical Girl.
  • robofearthrobofearth Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I finally found it on the Doomsday planet, after 3 tries. My location was behind a giant mushroom, to the left of the main path (going up the hill). Looking at the mini-map, it would be the big mushroom partly obscuring the right wing of the Bird of Prey. The scanner does not work, and having to spend so much time meticulously searching large outdoor maps on missions I already did numerous times to find these probes is really sucking the enjoyment out of this event for me.
    Post edited by robofearth on
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    I'm on facility 4028 and I've been through the mission three times now, and I can not for the life of me find this thing. So either it's bugged or it's in a location that the player cannot access.

Didn't find it the first run, but saw one of the R&D anomalies was in an inaccessible area of the map. Second run had it located in the Secondary ISIS room.

The one that seems to be missing is the Operation Gamma mission. I am almost certain that either it spawns in the middle of nowhere since I never saw a single blip on the mini-map that indicated it was around one of the asteroids or heard one of my boffs mention that it is nearby.
    starkaos wrote: »
    Didn't find it the first run, but saw one of the R&D anomalies was in an inaccessible area of the map. Second run had it located in the Secondary ISIS room.

That R&D placement happened when they 'revamped' the crafting system to the current one, they've been told about it and still done nothing about it.
    The one that seems to be missing is the Operation Gamma mission. I am almost certain that either it spawns in the middle of nowhere since I never saw a single blip on the mini-map that indicated it was around one of the asteroids or heard one of my boffs mention that it is nearby.

I read in another thread about probe locations that someone went through all the asteroids before they blew the shield generator. I'll be running that mission myself later today so I'll try it and post here if it works.

That R&D placement happened when they 'revamped' the crafting system to the current one, they've been told about it and still done nothing about it.

I read in another thread about probe locations that someone went through all the asteroids before they blew the shield generator. I'll be running that mission myself later today so I'll try it and post here if it works.

Did the mission a couple of times and tried it before I destroyed the shields, after I blew the shields and talked to the Ferengi, and after the swarmers became agitated and saw no sign of a single temporal probe blip on the mini-map. If I run it enough times, then eventually I will get a probe that has a known location, but that is a pointless use of my time.
  • akimalyn#2380 akimalyn Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    There is a thread on Reddit that has all the known locations listed for the probes. search for "Temporal Orb Locations [Minor Exploration Puzzle Spoilers]"

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4ro6d0/temporal_orb_locations_minor_exploration_puzzle/
  • reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    There is a thread on Reddit that has all the known locations listed for the probes. search for "Temporal Orb Locations [Minor Exploration Puzzle Spoilers]"

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4ro6d0/temporal_orb_locations_minor_exploration_puzzle/

Thanks for the info.

The only one that I have missed so far is the one in "Skirmish". I really don't want to do that again but I guess I will at a much later date. ;)

Yup, flying around all the asteroids before blowing up the shield generator in operation gamma I was able to find it in the thrid asteroid I checked.

Had a nervous few minutes when my Boff told me I'd alerted an operative who was coming to kill me, was not looking forward to trying to fight a na'kuhl destroyer in a shuttle, but they apparently got the wrong time and place because they never showed up ;)
    I'll try to remember this when my AoY does OG. I'll have to get him an aceton assimilator too. I won't do OG without one to help me blast the bees and JH ships.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    edited July 2016
    echatty wrote: »
    I'll try to remember this when my AoY does OG. I'll have to get him an aceton assimilator too. I won't do OG without one to help me blast the bees and JH ships.

Swipe a second omni-beam from another shuttle, put 100 to shields, the rest in weapons and BfaW in the boff slot. Works for me, in theory it should work for all shuttles.

Also, I've done nothing to the gear on it and it doesn't even have any consoles. So it does work.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Funny thing:
    I didn't find the Facility 4028 probe (and lost my stupid and even more path-broken Boff on my way as well), but I got all the others from the rest of the missions and it still counted as getting all of them for the bonus. So ignore it for now and focus on the rest if you want the bonus fast.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1

Swipe a second omni-beam from another shuttle, put 100 to shields, the rest in weapons and BfaW in the boff slot. Works for me, in theory it should work for all shuttles.

Also, I've done nothing to the gear on it and it doesn't even have any consoles. So it does work.

I do make sure to have omnis in there, but a AA makes short work of everything. I usually drop one or two and it clears everything. And in the Gamma Quadrant it melts the swarmers in no time.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • seasteedseasteed Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Alright, anybody got a CLUE where this thing is in "Operation: Gamma"? I've searched every square on the map for the Idran system, and can't see it anywhere. Do I go to the next map, or is this thing just buggy?
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    Anyone know where the Kuvagh'magh one is located? Played through twice, couldn't find on the ground or in space.

Im haivng the same issue posted a thread about it, i couldnt find it anywhere and i looked all over the maps till i just got tired.

I ran around like an idiot for a while too. Then I looked at the minimap and found a *tiny* little white-dot-indicator you usually see used on less important NPC's and loot-critters. Hover the Cursor above these and you will easily find your temporal probes. :)
    seasteed wrote: »
    Alright, anybody got a CLUE where this thing is in "Operation: Gamma"? I've searched every square on the map for the Idran system, and can't see it anywhere. Do I go to the next map, or is this thing just buggy?

Operation Gamma is supposedly on the asteroid map (second space map after DS9) with the Ferengi, but some people can find it while others can't. Probably spent about 40 minutes looking for it on two different runs of the mission and nothing.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,643 Arc User
    >> Alright, anybody got a CLUE where this thing is in "Operation: Gamma"? I've searched every square on the map for the Idran system, and can't see it anywhere. Do I go to the next map, or is this thing just buggy?

See this:

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User

Operation Gamma is supposedly on the asteroid map (second space map after DS9) with the Ferengi, but some people can find it while others can't. Probably spent about 40 minutes looking for it on two different runs of the mission and nothing.

I have redone that mission several times and haven't found the probe either. It's the only one I'm missing. Reddit had a map with a screen shot and everything and I still wasn't able to get it. I'm convinced it's bugged, mine at least, so hopefully it will get fixed in a patch at some point.
    Tza0PEl.png
    nikephorus wrote: »

I have redone that mission several times and haven't found the probe either. It's the only one I'm missing. Reddit had a map with a screen shot and everything and I still wasn't able to get it. I'm convinced it's bugged, mine at least, so hopefully it will get fixed in a patch at some point.

I know in another MMO that I played years ago, there was a couple of instance missions that every time I entered had the game crash until I reinstalled the whole game. Although, I seriously doubt that is the case here since too many people are suffering from it to be a corrupt file.
    nikephorus wrote: »

The probes do jump around each time, but in bug reports a Cryptic staffer claimed there was a fixed list of locations.

I'm not 100% convinced since people have said later missions had probes placed in inaccessible spots. That doesn't match with preset locations unless some of the level designers have been touched by evil. EEVVVIIIIILLLL!!!!
  • nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    If you open up the map you can usually find the Temporal Probe on it with the same icon as loot. But it says "Temporal Probe". So far this has always worked for me.
    nephitis wrote: »
    If you open up the map you can usually find the Temporal Probe on it with the same icon as loot. But it says "Temporal Probe". So far this has always worked for me.

Not for me. Probes do appear on the mini-map, but the full map only shows them after you find them.
    I've just determined to look in every nook and cranny as I go along. The first three were easy to find for me, as they were right in the pathway. Then at Kuvah'Magh, I had to look everywhere till I found it on a hill.

As for the four number PIN? I did each digit separately. When I found a right digit, wrong place I just tried the other digits till I got it right, then started over with the first one.

The thing to remember is if you don't get a "right digit wrong location" on a number you can then eliminate that number entirely. That makes things quicker for the later places.​​

Ah yes, that's true. Thanks for reminding me.
    Now a LTS and loving it.