test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Na’kuhl temporal probes

Are these a random spawn inside the missions, or is it predetermined which mission will have a probe in it?

Haven't seen any yet on my recruit char and I don't want to have to replay missions because I "missed" the probe. Do they also show up ons ensor scan, a la radiogenic particles? Don't fancy searching everywhere on the map for them either.

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,467 Arc User
    They are predetermined. You can click your temporal locator (hope that is how it is called) and check in which missions they can be found.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    Thanks.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    I found my first one on P'Jem.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • gjohnny1990gjohnny1990 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    How do you get the 25 marks from these probes? I tried double clicking them in the temporal beacon but nothing happens.
    Did you try right-clicking? I haven't checked the one I found, so I'm not sure, but I think right-clicking is what you have to do.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • gjohnny1990gjohnny1990 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Did you try right-clicking? I haven't checked the one I found, so I'm not sure, but I think right-clicking is what you have to do.

I'll give it a go.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    There is a claim button at the bottom of the list of Temporal Probe locations. Click on the reward you are selecting, then click on the claim button. There might be other ways, but that method I know it works.
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    To get your marks, you have to unlock the probe, do a jig, drink some romulan ale, strip for a klingon, and drink blood wine.

Seriously, just don't forget to claim the boxes from the temporal thing-a-ma-jig in your inventory.
    latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en
    Hm. I just tried to click mine every way I know how and can't get it to activate. Hopefully the devs will fix it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    Hm. I just tried to click mine every way I know how and can't get it to activate. Hopefully the devs will fix it.

I haven't run into any issues at all claiming rewards. If the claim button on your Temporal Transponder is failing, can you give me a character@handle so that I can look into this?
    It's Jax@echatty. I was able to claim the award for reaching lvl 10, but I can't click on the one for investigating temporal probes.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Ah, Found the claim button. Thank you. I thought during DR that you could just double click them.

Thanks again for helping this puzzled player.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Oh yeah, about finding the probes? They're usually placed where you can't miss them because you have to go 'that way' anyway.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    koppster wrote: »
    Are these a random spawn inside the missions, or is it predetermined which mission will have a probe in it?

Haven't seen any yet on my recruit char and I don't want to have to replay missions because I "missed" the probe. Do they also show up ons ensor scan, a la radiogenic particles? Don't fancy searching everywhere on the map for them either.

Your mission objective list will tell you when you're in a map that has a probe in it. And yes, they can be found with the scan.
  • myopicaardymyopicaardy Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    And yes, they can be found with the scan.

Not on P'Jem. Cleared the map of collectibles, Klingons & objectives and... Nothing. Tricorder wouldn't find anything on any of the three playthroughs I tried.
    Hm. I found the one on P'Jem without scanning. It was by one of the buildings as you go up the hill, past the first wave of Klingons, I believe. It was near a R&D anomaly, I believe. Or a box, can't remember
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    trying to unlock mine but i don't know what the codes is for the temporal probes the devs could of made this more simple :-(

oh and im on p'jem
    edited July 2016
    You simply choose the number that would add up with the other two in the row to 15. Example: You have a two and seven on the top row...select the letter and you should get a window of numbers to choose from, choose 6 for that letter.Same for the others. Just choose the appropriate number to bring the total to fifteen. It's quite simple, really.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • myopicaardymyopicaardy Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Hm. I found the one on P'Jem without scanning. It was by one of the buildings as you go up the hill, past the first wave of Klingons, I believe. It was near a R&D anomaly, I believe. Or a box, can't remember

I've seen two screenshots of different locations on P'Jem - neither of which were on my playthroughs :(

Will try again tomorrow. Thanks
    I hope you find it. It's been my experience with the three I've found so far that they're right out in the open. They're a bright red and labeled "Space anomaly" Or something like that.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • atctexx#9688 atctexx Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    What game are you talking about? The one I have to do is a rotating 4 number PIN
  • angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    koppster wrote: »

no they can't I just tried on P'Jem, after I cleared all of the glowies and research items. This is something that needs to be fixed.

Your mission objective list will tell you when you're in a map that has a probe in it. And yes, they can be found with the scan.

I really had to hunt for mine, tricorder said 1 anomaly but didn't point the direction. I just had to go walking around the well travelled areas. It was waaaayyyy off the beaten path.
  • bawdytieflingbawdytiefling Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    I had a frustrating experience finding the P'Jem one too. It wasn't found by scanning. I think they need to make our tricorder able to find them, pop their location on the map, or use the Risa artifact scanning mechanic.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I found the on on Pjem with the scan. Although it was near an R&D node I suppose it's possible the scan was pointing at that.
    edited July 2016
    What game are you talking about? The one I have to do is a rotating 4 number PIN

Yeah, I just got to that one on my last mission. The first ones had you replacing three letters in a grid so all numbers added up to 15 across, up/down and diagonally. This last one where I was rescuing scientists had the four number pin.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Ah good to know I'll be facing something different.
  • quentinstonequentinstone Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Anyone know where the Kuvagh'magh one is located? Played through twice, couldn't find on the ground or in space.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Anyone know where the Kuvagh'magh one is located? Played through twice, couldn't find on the ground or in space.

Im haivng the same issue posted a thread about it, i couldnt find it anywhere and i looked all over the maps till i just got tired.
  • captmutantcaptmutant Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    can not find the probe on the kuvagh'magh map and I did this mission 3 times and still no luck