test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

31st Century ships aren't Timeships?

2»

Comments

• sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »

The Eternal is a total beast, on par or better than the Vesta.

I've actually been looking at the Eternal myself, not to "replace" my Vesta pack, but rather an additional complement to my fleet. Currently mulling whether to buy the whole 3-pack or just the Eternal, it seems like they all have their positive qualities. I suppose what's holding me back is determining what direction PWE/Cryptic is heading in with the Tiering system, support for older ships and/or introduced systems at this point, because sinking $60 a pack every time they intro a new system is getting kind of old, TBH.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    The Eternal is really good. I originally bought mine just for the trait to use on my sci-torp ships but it quickly became my primary. I am running mine with a heavy science build (no tactical BOff skills) and getting decent performance out of it.

While you may not want to buy multi-packs, the temporal ship pack is pretty good too. The Chronos' trait matches well with the Eternal because it boosts exotic damage when using temporal skills.
  • sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    e30ernest wrote: »
    The Eternal is really good. I originally bought mine just for the trait to use on my sci-torp ships but it quickly became my primary. I am running mine with a heavy science build (no tactical BOff skills) and getting decent performance out of it.

While you may not want to buy multi-packs, the temporal ship pack is pretty good too. The Chronos' trait matches well with the Eternal because it boosts exotic damage when using temporal skills.

Thanks for the input. Yeah, I'm just not sure yet will probably keep mulling it over for a while longer. Luckily I'm not really a big "impulse" spender and so it doesn't make that much difference to me if I don't get it. It's a nice little want, but not a need.

That said, I really do hope they give us some clarity as to the direction all this tiering and specialization is going- and give us a firm response as to previously released ships so that people who are considering spending money with them can make a decision to do so. One has to wonder if impulse-spenders are their target audience, I suppose.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    That said, I really do hope they give us some clarity as to the direction all this tiering and specialization is going- and give us a firm response as to previously released ships so that people who are considering spending money with them can make a decision to do so. One has to wonder if impulse-spenders are their target audience, I suppose.

I doubt they'll expound on that since it has the potential to hurt sales. The original T5-U ships were marketed as being almost equal to the T6 variants and to a certain extent, that held true. But recent ship releases have just been getting better and now I think that going for T6 ships will give you the best for your buck.

And yes, I do think impulse buyers is a big part of their target audience. That's the F2P model for you. :smile: