test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Xbox 360 Controls

For about 6 years now, I've used the same control binding with a PC Xbox 360 controller. After the patch today, I found that the Back and Start buttons had been assigned default functions that I'm unable to clear. This as a result, affects the bindings I've used the last 6 years and renders a good chunk of them useless.

Is there a way to clear the commands that's been assigned to these buttons so I don't pull up the menu when ever I use the Start Button and close out the entire HUD (also unable to reverse this or open any menus after the fact except for the chat box) when I use the Back button to toggle some of the commands I use.

I use the Back and Start buttons in place of Ctrl and Alt on the keyboard and would like to keep this set up if at all possible.
Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1

Comments

• frankyrizzo84frankyrizzo84 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2016
    --sorry I am having a different issue --
    Post edited by frankyrizzo84 on
  • qapla82qapla82 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    im having the same issue everytime i submit a ticket the tell me they do not support controllers ? what have we been playing with for 6 years, i wish they would fix this :-(
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    They've removed the support while they're working on the console set up. Whether or not we'll be getting controller use back or not is yet to be seen. There are a few ways to hard program it in with the chat box and such, but that's beyond me. Other wise, I would suggest using a third party program like x-padder or such.
    i already use xpadder lol

Ticket Reference # 160715-001174
    Recently you requested personal assistance from our online support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response. If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days. Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

To update your question with additional information, please respond directly to this email or click here to view your ticket on our support site.

Response By Email (Seiji) (07/17/2016 08:43 AM)
    Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.

In cases like these, we can only assist our players when it comes to keyboard and mouse issues in-game. For controllers and other peripherals that are used, we advise our players to post the possible issues that they are getting in the forums.

Should you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
    Seiji
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
    http://support.arcgames.com/
    Customer By CSS Email () (07/17/2016 01:45 AM)
    But you do support it though, even the game says xbox 360 pad on/off

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Response By Email (Kelias) (07/16/2016 11:34 PM)
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

I understand that you have concerns/inquiries about using a controller/gamepad. Currently we only support keyboard and mouse use to play the game

we appreciate your thoughts and the time you took to share them with us. We also highly encourage you to share your ideas with the game community by posting it on the official forums: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/

Please let us know if you have any further comments or suggestions to help improve the game.

Regards,
    Kelias
    Game Master
    Customer By CSS Web () (07/15/2016 12:31 PM)
    hello i wish you guys would fix the controller binds as i love sto and would like to continue to play you guys have said to me before you dont support controllers but you do? could you maybe give me some advice on how to fix it myself maybe?

TRIBBLE joke
    Response By Email (Seiji) (07/17/2016 09:32 AM)
    Hello,

Thank you for the response.

As much as we would like to assist you regarding this matter, we only advise our players who are having problems regarding controllers that are used in-game to refer to the forums for further assistance. I apologize for the inconvenience that this might have caused you.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us again if you have any other inquiries.

Regards,
    Seiji
    Game Master
    Customer By CSS Email () (07/17/2016 09:00 AM)
    It has been posted numerous times by numerous players but it gets ignored. It is a software issue on your end not users and every update it just gets worse and worse
    Get Outlook for Android

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 4:43 PM +0100, "Perfect World Entertainment" <customerservice@perfectworld.com> wrote:
    Response By Email (Seiji) (07/17/2016 08:43 AM)
    Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.

In cases like these, we can only assist our players when it comes to keyboard and mouse issues in-game. For controllers and other peripherals that are used, we advise our players to post the possible issues that they are getting in the forums.

Should you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
    Seiji
    Game Master
    Customer By CSS Email () (07/17/2016 01:45 AM)
    But you do support it though, even the game says xbox 360 pad on/off

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Response By Email (Kelias) (07/16/2016 11:34 PM)
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

I understand that you have concerns/inquiries about using a controller/gamepad. Currently we only support keyboard and mouse use to play the game

we appreciate your thoughts and the time you took to share them with us. We also highly encourage you to share your ideas with the game community by posting it on the official forums: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/

Please let us know if you have any further comments or suggestions to help improve the game.

Regards,
    Kelias
    Game Master
    Customer By CSS Web () (07/15/2016 12:31 PM)
    hello i wish you guys would fix the controller binds as i love sto and would like to continue to play you guys have said to me before you dont support controllers but you do? could you maybe give me some advice on how to fix it myself maybe?

• captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    (Bare with me here, quoting doesn't work on mobile)
    @wraithshadow13, I've used the chat box to set mine up some time ago and just have started having issues within the last little while. I've only had issues with the start and back buttons on the Xbox 360 controller in space. Ground and everything else still works fine. I guess I can try some hung 3rd party to see if that fixes the issues I'm having.
    Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1