What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Expansion Ever and Players Love it. True or False? STO: AOY

hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
Choose, but choose Wisely

Best Expansion Ever and Players Love it. True or False? STO: AOY 257 votes

True
33%
aduinfinrod1xyonicscrzymn45duncanidaho11cptjhuntergaraks31leethorogoodguljarolvengefuldjinnhippiejonjarvisandalfredvivenneanthonyphenomenaut01monkeybone13cidjackvelquanabreekirepetitiveepicvegeta50024zalandex 87 votes
False
45%
nightkenjarfaruboweninugamiikonn#1068saedeithtalonxvkamuii2ladymyajhaerrantdawnberginssophlogimoallyoftheforceyreodreddracounguisreyan01hyplkjwashingtonpottsey5gnyx219jcsteele 118 votes
Not sure yet
20%
villetta#5537minna118ssbn655kesselrunner#0768irm1963mustrumridcully0crypticarmsmankitsunesnoutangrybobhblitzy4isthissciencelordsteve1logos1326eldarion79arabaturfarmallmquepanpatrickngogradiikhayuung 52 votes

Comments

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    False
    Is there anything really new after level 10? (Other than a couple STFs) Seems LoR had a bit more going on, imo.

This 'expansion' is more just to have a reason to sell TOS ships.
    Post edited by dracounguis on
  • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    False
    It doesn't include anything of interest to me. LoR was the better expansion imho.
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    False
    AoY doesn't hold a candle to Legacy of Romulus, but I think it was better than Delta Rising in terms of design and execution.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    Not sure yet
    I wouldn't know. Can't play yet, too broken.
  • avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    False
    Nah. LoR is still the undisputed champion.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    True
    Pretty much an expansion made just for me! So, my vote is obvious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    True
    I will get back to this . watching Marco Polo season 2 on Netflix, while I wait for it to upload.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    False
    Not the best, but I believe not the worst either.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • dlmc85dlmc85 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    True
    Best expansion ever, LoR did add something that seemed vast but this one did many things right especially the new mission arc (the one jumping through everywhen) and the conclusion to Future proof. Liked how many points left open where addressed in a temporal connection of cause-effect-cause. Well done devs!!!
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    False
    It's not the best but it's not the worst either. Ragnarok was brutal. lol Made me pine for the days of fighting heralds.
  • dlmc85dlmc85 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    True
    Yep, while playing Ragnarok it reminded me of Surface Tension for the scale, difficulty and tension in the battle, basically everything the last iconian war arc was missing.
  • captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    False
    iconians wrote: »
    AoY doesn't hold a candle to Legacy of Romulus, but I think it was better than Delta Rising in terms of design and execution.​​

I have to agree. Some of the missions are very well done but compared to Legacy it feels very spare. Though, it certainly doesn't annoy me as much as Delta Rising with its 800 year level up system.
  • cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    True
    If your a big fan of TOS, like i am, then yes if not then nope
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    True
    TOS fan...So yes. I am having some nostalgic fun with it.
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    how about you stuff the hyperbole back into the box?
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    True
    I like it but VO still very cheap and there is no or at least I didn't find it yet a bank or exchange or fleet bank and so on...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    False
    Well TOS was boring, so now we get boring TOS content. (Warning: This is an opinion, you may not agree)
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    False
    False, obviously!!!!!
    Delta Rising was the best expansion evar and the players loved it!!!!!!!
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    False
    It's what, five unique missions? For a supposed TOS faction what it brings to the table is...meager to say the absolute least. The quality of the missions themselves isn't terribly amazing either-I haven't noticed a single optional objective yet and I only have one mission left to go before my character says good bye to TOS and joins the rest of my Fed characters.

It seems like nothing more than marketing and an excuse to release some TOS and KT ships. It's not even half the faction that Romulans are, who aren't half the faction that the federation is....It's a fraction of a fraction of a faction.

I am not a fan.
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    True
    Way better than DR. If it had the same amount of story content as LOR it wud b the champain
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    False
    False

I had a major nerdgasm playing in the ToS era, then it ended after level 10 and back to the same ole grind fest as always

LoR was the best expansion and i firmly believe this game peaked with it, we wont get anything that major again period.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    False
    Agreed, they're never going to top LoR.

They haven't even come close to that level again. The game is still good.. it's still fun and I still enjoy playing it, but LoR was the peak for STO.

They have never approached that level since. This one is great for 10 levels, then it's well.. over. The 2 new STF's are tedious in my opinion and overall it's really short on content.

What there is of it, is great. It's very fun, it's entertaining, there just isn't enough of it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • baldrick8baldrick8 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Not sure yet
    I really can't decide. I have played the TOS part, but the new missions for high level captains I have yet to play.

In terms of quantity it certainly falls short of previous expansions. The technical quality is ok-ish, voice acting seems awkward now and then, with the samples from TOS episodes that feel brutally forced in sometimes. Also: some bugs.

What it really did well was to capture the optics and atmosphere of TOS episodes, as far as this is possible within STO.

All in all, it's good (and free, mind you) but has it's shortcomings.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    False
    true: interesting for the TOS fans
    false: always the same grind after lvl10. important bugs which are a real pain in the behind (animations for example), and the most interesting stuff are in a f..... box.

but, the stf Days of Doom is interesting, it needs teamwork. the new missions (temporal missions) are not different from the others (kill that, pew pew etc), but the plot is interesting even if I hate temporal stuff.

And i don't understand why they added the grain. the people in the past lived surrounded by grain?? strange idea lol

just a question: how they were able to broke the Risan cruiser, the driclae pup and other stuff which are not even a part of the new expansion? no changes were necessary for them
  • mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    False
    Pve queues for the rep are horrendous. No ground q either :( what little there is of the TOS stuff is nice. UI look and effects on TOS toons are nice too. Overall it's a meh from me.
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    True
    For me it’s best one.

No need to compete with DR cuz everything on this planet is better than DR.

Why I like it more than LoR?

Well back then it was either go Romulan or go home. The new Nukara Rep wasn’t supported by anything new at all which was a big hit in the face.

With AoY we get roughly the same amount of contend like we got with LoR it’s just a bit better distributed for everybody to enjoy even when TOS is not on someone’s agenda.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated