Install Arc
Options

Your faction preference

2»

Comments

• Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    Primarily a Federation player
    I used to main KDF but the current storylines are just so fed-centric I couldn't do it anymore, so I switched.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Primarily a Romulan player
    As far as numbers, my character count leans Rom (6 level 60's) then KDF (4 level 60's, 1 extra) then Fed (2 level 60's, 1 extra); since I don't really have a main, it's more often Roms simply because there are more of them to work on. As a player, though, my preference is to try out each faction/class/whatever. In multi-faction games, I tend to expect a bit more faction balance... though I will admit that being at a slower release cycle has saved me quite a bit over the years here with STO.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I play multiple factions with no particular preference
    Trying to keep it somewhat balanced both in terms of charcater distribution and play time.
    3 feds, 3 gorn, 1 rom-fed (engi), 1 reman-kdf (sci). Since TOS is basically fed with a fancy tutorial I'll probbaly also add a tac rom-kdf to my list.
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    Primarily a KDF player
    Contraband and gorns with risa outfits ftw ;)
  • Options
    sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    Fed. I wanted to like playing as the Klingons. Always kept going back to my fed. I suppose if I were to rank the factions they would be Fed > Rom > KDF. No really strong reasons, just going by how I've played.
  • Options
    shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Well i am not "primarily" anything, however i have a Romulan woman 1st officer who is 6ft 1 inch of "oh yea", i know shes just a toon, but noone looks better in shiny armor than rommy gals with pointed ears. B)
  • Options
    shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    I voted 10 times already, on my multiple accounts, just to stack the adds toward the Federation.

db6d464fcee21800440b5c90ea0fc446.jpg

Lol a "forum exploit"?, now ive seen everything. :p

• Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Phew needs an other point.
    I play all the factions for different reasons. KDF has some great writing though the very early and very long shuttle mission is draining. But sadly the absence of other kdf players has some queue's a bit empty. And building your fleet can be a bigger chore than fed side.
    RR I love that these guys are the reluctant hero types. But the locked till you pick a main faction part is aggravating.
    Feds, the main Star Trek focus with huge selections of species willing nay clamoring to serve. But most early missions still feel a little off. If the early levels are fed vs kdf. Why do we spend more time checking communications buoys than rescuing civilians and being part of fleet engagements? Imagine that instead of all the undine stuff early on, you have more missions like Skirmish where you are being sent to be part of a group intercepting or defending against a KDF attack force? Then when Skirmish comes around the plot twist is not capture a bunch of imperials, but the ghost story it was. Pulling the rug out as we went from normal to unusual.

Ah well if wishes were fishes, as they say.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    cyllus2014cyllus2014 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I've not actually counted but it's probably pretty close.
  • Options
    kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Primarily a KDF player
    I play KDF simply cause I don't want to be associated with all the fed whining. Tried the fed TRIBBLE and didn't like it. I quote scotty from into darkness: "That's what scares me! This is clearly a military operation... is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!" - Scotty to Kirk. The fed bit in this game just feels wrong. To boldly go and blow everyone up just doesn't feel right as a fed.
  • Options
    tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    I have chars on all 3 sides.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    mneme0 wrote: »
    Which faction do you primarily play?

None of the above...Cardi or Borg? to come someday perhaps?​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    Primarily a Romulan player
    Romulan. BTW, why is "Romulan" labeled as a typo here? That's just... nvm.

Anyhoo, I just wish we had more options in our "faction".
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • Options
    walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    My main character is whatever I feel like playing that particular week. My Gorn has been getting a lot of play time this year. He might be my favorite character. I love my fed too though because I modeled him after me. Also he has the Command Cruiser witch is a really cool ship. My Romulan gets some love every once in a while too because they have some of the best looking ships in the game.. D'deridex, Feaht, and ect.. I have a few other Characters of each faction I play too for different reasons so pretty much it just depends on the week.
    sstosig2.png
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    mneme0 wrote: »
    Which faction do you primarily play?

None of the above...Cardi or Borg? to come someday perhaps?​​

So you don't play STO?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    I play as a human character so I'm a Starfleet player
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius