What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anton Yelchin (JJ-verse Chekov) died in car crash

Comments

• kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    oh TRIBBLE..... that sucks...
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,523 Community Moderator
    Third thread about this. We got 2 in Ten Forward.

Still... :(
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    27. Wow.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    His car apparently backed over him at his home. Details still coming. Damn shame.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    The article I saw said "pinned between his car and his mailbox". Dude got out to check his mail and forgot to set the parking brake?

Really sucks. At 27, he didn't even really know what life is about yet. Hell of an actor, and from my very limited perspective, seemed to be a hell of a nice guy. RIP.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,415 Arc User
    D:
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    RIP man. Feel for his parents, he was an only child. :frowning:
    *salute*
  • maracroftmaracroft Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    Just read about this. Very sad indeed. He was a great Checkov. :(
  • captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    Rest in peace. ;_; He really did the character justice. Too tragic.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    What has Anton's death got to do with STO directly? it should be in ten forward.

as for Anton i will post that in a thread on ten forward.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,523 Community Moderator
    What has Anton's death got to do with STO directly? it should be in ten forward.

There's already 2 threads over there.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

There's already 2 threads over there.

then this and those 2 others should be merged.
    @jodarkrider
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    Might not happen until tomorrow. Sunday, combined with Father's Day here in the US.
  • originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User

Relax, let the mods be mods, fill your day with more productive pursuits.
  • melore1799melore1799 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Whether you're a fan of the jj-trek or not, it's indeed a great tragedy to lose a fine actor so young in an accident like that. Only 27 years old. How poignant it is today to have Pavel Chekov in Agents of Yesterday.
  • maracroftmaracroft Member Posts: 201 Arc User

So instead of saying something positive, you rag on where the post was made. You must be a really nice person.

simple, it means another name for the memorial, and seriously dude... sometimes you should leave well enough alone. Some topics can slide
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    RIP in peace.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

simple, it means another name for the memorial, and seriously dude... sometimes you should leave well enough alone. Some topics can slide

This. Some things should just be ignored by the forum police. If the mods see fit to merge anything, they will do it in their own time.

Terrible news though :(
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • sovakofvulcansovakofvulcan Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    To quote a famed Starfleet Captain,

"We are assembled here today to pay final respects to our honored dead. And yet it should be noted, in the midst of our sorrow, this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world; a world that our beloved comrade gave his life to protect and nourish. He did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one, and we will not debate his profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of my friend, I can only say this: Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most....human"
    Admiral Jisil T'ror
    Admiral Sovak
    “Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers...”
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    I'm not trying to be an TRIBBLE but that bothers my OCD ^^

RIP he was always my favorite of the new actors.
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    I just saw the news on this and almost made a new thread since I could not find one a sticky might be good.

As to the news they say his car rolled down his driveway to pin him between his mailbox and security gate.
    I hate to say it but we need a new name on the monuments. He will be missed.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • fatherrockfatherrock Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    I was expecting that more names would be added to our lost friends on the in game rememberances.
    I did not expect to see his.
    RIP
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    RIP Chekov (MK II)... You'll be missed... :(
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    This is totally tragic. Guy was just starting his life and his career and to have it cut short like this.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I've seen Anton Yelchin in other roles as well, he actually had a good range as an actor.
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    thorodal wrote: »

I use a Pedelec to get around... carry 2 spare powerpacks in my backpack... getting around... fast enough.. with a small co2 footprint.... and the thing could not crush me if it tried...

Why does anyone in a city need a 2 ton jeep.

Why do people not use the handbrakes when they know their 2 ton monstrosity is on an incline....

This is a such a dumb way to die.... he had such a nice and varied career going...
    azrael605 wrote: »
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    thorodal wrote: »

I use a Pedelec to get around... carry 2 spare powerpacks in my backpack... getting around... fast enough.. with a small co2 footprint.... and the thing could not crush me if it tried...

Why does anyone in a city need a 2 ton jeep.

Why do people not use the handbrakes when they know their 2 ton monstrosity is on an incline....

This is a such a dumb way to die.... he had such a nice and varied career going...

Just speaking for me, because my 5 kids won't fit on a one person vehicle, nothing I can do about that. Can't afford a new, light weight vehicle either, stuck with early 2000s mini-van.

Well, you have a family. Do you park your car on a steep incline and tell your kids to play in front of that?
    can we not derail this thread with being a douche about HOW he died? We don't have the details even...
    can we not derail this thread with being a douche about HOW he died? We don't have the details even...

Case of death was determined to be a 2.5 ton cherokee and a particularly well built brick pillar. Oh and the purly gate.